Hood plays down latest Orford speculation

Matt Orford is at home in Australia recovering from shoulder surgery

Matt Orford is at home in Australia recovering from shoulder surgery

First published in Bulls by , Bradford Bulls Reporter

Bulls chairman Peter Hood has dismissed fresh speculation linking Matt Orford with a move away from the club.

Reports in Australia suggested the 32-year-old scrum half could be a target for NRL side Parramatta Eels as a replacement for the departing Kris Keating.

Eels chief executive Paul Osborne even added fuel to the fire by admitting Orford, who is back home while recovering from shoulder surgery, could be the ideal mentor for talented 21-year-old half back Daniel Mortimer.

Osborne is reported as saying: “He might be good for a year or two to help Daniel. There are some good-quality leaders floating around.”

But Hood reacted strongly to the claims and confirmed Orford has provided Bradford with reassurances he will return to the club next season.

“I was alerted to this late last week and, as far as I know, it’s just media speculation,” said Hood.

“I wasn’t aware (Osborne) had commented. If that’s the case, I should remind them that Matt Orford is contracted to Bradford. It seems odd that he would say that knowing Matt’s still under contract.

“Matt has given us reassurances about next season. At the moment he’s just busy doing rehab’ following his shoulder operation.”

Orford signed a three-year deal with the Bulls at the start of the season but had his campaign cruelly ended by a serious shoulder injury last month.

The veteran playmaker is expected to complete his rehabilitation in Sydney before returning to West Yorkshire in November for pre-season training.

Meanwhile, speculation has resurfaced that Harlequins boss Brian McDermott could still be in the running for the Bulls coaching job, despite denials last week.

The Bradford legend had reiterated his commitment to the London side but was then strangely absent from the post-match press conference following the 35-18 win against his former club on Friday.

McDermott could be lined up if a deal for St Helens boss Mick Potter hits a snag.

Comments (32)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:14am Tue 13 Jul 10

witters says...

On the coaching front here are some of Mick Potter's comments following Saints defeat by Catalans:

"Our injury list makes it difficult but it's no excuse because we should have done better. Catalans were better than us in most facets of the game.

"They kicked better than us, they executed their plays better than us and we need to get better pretty quickly.

"We have to show more urgency and while there are things to work on or keep talking about, sometimes the penny has to drop."

Remind you of anyone?!!!
On the coaching front here are some of Mick Potter's comments following Saints defeat by Catalans: "Our injury list makes it difficult but it's no excuse because we should have done better. Catalans were better than us in most facets of the game. "They kicked better than us, they executed their plays better than us and we need to get better pretty quickly. "We have to show more urgency and while there are things to work on or keep talking about, sometimes the penny has to drop." Remind you of anyone?!!! witters
  • Score: 0

7:31am Tue 13 Jul 10

joevolcano says...

It reminds me of an honest bloke who's admitting his team were outplayed on the day.

What do you expect him to say???
It reminds me of an honest bloke who's admitting his team were outplayed on the day. What do you expect him to say??? joevolcano
  • Score: 0

7:51am Tue 13 Jul 10

madlab says...

sounds a lot better than Macca who usually uses injuries, ref, etc as excuses. at least Potter didn't say "we can take lots of positives out of this"!!! wish they would get on with the announcement. we need to start making plans for next season, as this one is already over.
sounds a lot better than Macca who usually uses injuries, ref, etc as excuses. at least Potter didn't say "we can take lots of positives out of this"!!! wish they would get on with the announcement. we need to start making plans for next season, as this one is already over. madlab
  • Score: 0

7:53am Tue 13 Jul 10

mumbyfan says...

What a joke of a club! Never mind Orford if he's contracted to us why comment on speculation?

HOOD! WHOS THE NEW COACH???

FFS!
What a joke of a club! Never mind Orford if he's contracted to us why comment on speculation? HOOD! WHOS THE NEW COACH??? FFS! mumbyfan
  • Score: 0

8:12am Tue 13 Jul 10

VJ Man says...

joevolcano wrote:
It reminds me of an honest bloke who's admitting his team were outplayed on the day. What do you expect him to say???
Wow, defending him already.

I agree with Mumbyfan, if Hood is going to open his trap, it should be to announce the new coach, not to comment onplayers that are contracted to us! FFS!
[quote][p][bold]joevolcano[/bold] wrote: It reminds me of an honest bloke who's admitting his team were outplayed on the day. What do you expect him to say???[/p][/quote]Wow, defending him already. I agree with Mumbyfan, if Hood is going to open his trap, it should be to announce the new coach, not to comment onplayers that are contracted to us! FFS! VJ Man
  • Score: 0

8:12am Tue 13 Jul 10

Ashbourne Bulls Supporters Club says...

Why comment on speculation on Orford??? And if he didn't you would be saying why doesn't he answer the rumours!
How can Hood announce the new coach, if negotiations are still on going? How naive of you. Contract negotiations cannot be aired in public and are very complex these days. It beggars belief people are criticising Hood for not announcing a new coach
Why comment on speculation on Orford??? And if he didn't you would be saying why doesn't he answer the rumours! How can Hood announce the new coach, if negotiations are still on going? How naive of you. Contract negotiations cannot be aired in public and are very complex these days. It beggars belief people are criticising Hood for not announcing a new coach Ashbourne Bulls Supporters Club
  • Score: 0

8:13am Tue 13 Jul 10

Craig says...

I predict two things: we will never see Orford in a Bulls shirt again and should just get on with announcing that now and look for two solid half backs who can take up the salary that has been wasted on a dud from next year.

The second; Bradford will end up making a panic appointment of McDermott at a cost of a loss of fans through the gate who can see that a step from McNamara to McDermott is at best a sideways one and could really be charecterised as a backward step.

There are so many candidates out there that have better track records than both these men put together, some of them not even currently attached to clubs in a Head Coaching role. Why they are seemingly overlooked for the the coach of Quins, i've no idea ut then that's the problem with this Board, we've no idea why they do anything!
I predict two things: we will never see Orford in a Bulls shirt again and should just get on with announcing that now and look for two solid half backs who can take up the salary that has been wasted on a dud from next year. The second; Bradford will end up making a panic appointment of McDermott at a cost of a loss of fans through the gate who can see that a step from McNamara to McDermott is at best a sideways one and could really be charecterised as a backward step. There are so many candidates out there that have better track records than both these men put together, some of them not even currently attached to clubs in a Head Coaching role. Why they are seemingly overlooked for the the coach of Quins, i've no idea ut then that's the problem with this Board, we've no idea why they do anything! Craig
  • Score: 0

8:19am Tue 13 Jul 10

birkybull says...

McNAMARA WAS SACKED YESTERDAY.
The players were informed that he has been releived of all responsibility.

Good news about orford. A new coach will have players running the angles off orford. Orford has not had anyone running off him thats why he hasnt looked great. You can only play with the players that are already at a club. WE WILL SEE THE BEST OF ORFORD. You dont win the Daily M Medal for nowt.
McNAMARA WAS SACKED YESTERDAY. The players were informed that he has been releived of all responsibility. Good news about orford. A new coach will have players running the angles off orford. Orford has not had anyone running off him thats why he hasnt looked great. You can only play with the players that are already at a club. WE WILL SEE THE BEST OF ORFORD. You dont win the Daily M Medal for nowt. birkybull
  • Score: 0

8:23am Tue 13 Jul 10

joevolcano says...

Poor Hood can't win. Ok if we read in the Aussie press that Orford is being talked of by the Eels boss then we all want to know what's going on.

He's come out and quashed the rumours before they gather pace.

Sounds like they're still in talks with Potter, wondering if they'll wait until we've played them at Knowsley Rd before they announce it. That could be part of the deal.
Poor Hood can't win. Ok if we read in the Aussie press that Orford is being talked of by the Eels boss then we all want to know what's going on. He's come out and quashed the rumours before they gather pace. Sounds like they're still in talks with Potter, wondering if they'll wait until we've played them at Knowsley Rd before they announce it. That could be part of the deal. joevolcano
  • Score: 0

8:27am Tue 13 Jul 10

philgrogan says...

He has gone get over it, No smoke without fire and his absence has shown the Bulls are a 1 man team
He has gone get over it, No smoke without fire and his absence has shown the Bulls are a 1 man team philgrogan
  • Score: 0

8:39am Tue 13 Jul 10

Adey says...

I was kinda hoping that Hood was gonna say that if Parramatta want Orford then they'll have to pay a hefty fee to buy out his remaining two years...then the money can be spent on a young halfback and a strike centre (Steve Matai & Michael Jennings are both without clubs for 2011!). I think McDermott rumour is a "backup" plan if things with Potter aren't resolved. Heaven knows why they can't be resolved, two time Dally M Medal winner and he's managed to keep Saints at the top of their game thru their "transition" period. Sooner they hammer out the kinks the better because like I said last week, the Bulls need Potter more than Potter needs the Bulls at this particular moment in time.
And I agree with Joe. Instead of coming out and saying "oh we'll come good next week" he said "Catalan were better than us" simple as really...bearing in mind they went into the game without both first choice halfbacks.
I was kinda hoping that Hood was gonna say that if Parramatta want Orford then they'll have to pay a hefty fee to buy out his remaining two years...then the money can be spent on a young halfback and a strike centre (Steve Matai & Michael Jennings are both without clubs for 2011!). I think McDermott rumour is a "backup" plan if things with Potter aren't resolved. Heaven knows why they can't be resolved, two time Dally M Medal winner and he's managed to keep Saints at the top of their game thru their "transition" period. Sooner they hammer out the kinks the better because like I said last week, the Bulls need Potter more than Potter needs the Bulls at this particular moment in time. And I agree with Joe. Instead of coming out and saying "oh we'll come good next week" he said "Catalan were better than us" simple as really...bearing in mind they went into the game without both first choice halfbacks. Adey
  • Score: 0

8:50am Tue 13 Jul 10

birkybull says...

Steve Matai has been offered a deal by the Bulls. They have also sounded out the possibility of Melbourne Prop Ryan Tandy, Canterbury back rower Andrew Ryan & Parramatta Wing/Centre Eric Groth. its important to say though that these are speclative offers. 6 players have been told that their deals will not be re-newed.
Worrency, kopzack, reardon, nero, sherrife & 1 other.
Steve Matai has been offered a deal by the Bulls. They have also sounded out the possibility of Melbourne Prop Ryan Tandy, Canterbury back rower Andrew Ryan & Parramatta Wing/Centre Eric Groth. its important to say though that these are speclative offers. 6 players have been told that their deals will not be re-newed. Worrency, kopzack, reardon, nero, sherrife & 1 other. birkybull
  • Score: 0

8:56am Tue 13 Jul 10

VJ Man says...

Ashbourne Bulls Supporters Club wrote:
Why comment on speculation on Orford??? And if he didn't you would be saying why doesn't he answer the rumours!
How can Hood announce the new coach, if negotiations are still on going? How naive of you. Contract negotiations cannot be aired in public and are very complex these days. It beggars belief people are criticising Hood for not announcing a new coach
What beggars belief is that you are defending Hood.
The club is at crisis point, we're probably going to have a worse table position than last year, and the promise of an announcement before the end of June still have not happened.
If there's nothing to tell us, or if negotiations have been delayed, then come into the press and tell us, don't keep us speculating and guessing. Whether it is contract negotiations or they haven't found anyone yet then let us know, it will probably stop most (not all) of the tittle tattle!
[quote][p][bold]Ashbourne Bulls Supporters Club[/bold] wrote: Why comment on speculation on Orford??? And if he didn't you would be saying why doesn't he answer the rumours! How can Hood announce the new coach, if negotiations are still on going? How naive of you. Contract negotiations cannot be aired in public and are very complex these days. It beggars belief people are criticising Hood for not announcing a new coach[/p][/quote]What beggars belief is that you are defending Hood. The club is at crisis point, we're probably going to have a worse table position than last year, and the promise of an announcement before the end of June still have not happened. If there's nothing to tell us, or if negotiations have been delayed, then come into the press and tell us, don't keep us speculating and guessing. Whether it is contract negotiations or they haven't found anyone yet then let us know, it will probably stop most (not all) of the tittle tattle! VJ Man
  • Score: 0

9:01am Tue 13 Jul 10

Adey says...

birkybull wrote:
Steve Matai has been offered a deal by the Bulls. They have also sounded out the possibility of Melbourne Prop Ryan Tandy, Canterbury back rower Andrew Ryan & Parramatta Wing/Centre Eric Groth. its important to say though that these are speclative offers. 6 players have been told that their deals will not be re-newed.
Worrency, kopzack, reardon, nero, sherrife & 1 other.
Andrew Ryan has been linked with a swap deal with Greg Eastwood at Leeds. We don't need another backrower anyway. Also, next season we'd only have one quota spot left if Menzies doesn't get a new deal as it drops from 6 to 5. That would be Kearney, L'Estrange, Hall & Orford (if he returns!) plus one other. Either Grothe or Matai would be an improvement to our backline and Tandy could come on an Irish passport...not entirely impossible.
[quote][p][bold]birkybull[/bold] wrote: Steve Matai has been offered a deal by the Bulls. They have also sounded out the possibility of Melbourne Prop Ryan Tandy, Canterbury back rower Andrew Ryan & Parramatta Wing/Centre Eric Groth. its important to say though that these are speclative offers. 6 players have been told that their deals will not be re-newed. Worrency, kopzack, reardon, nero, sherrife & 1 other.[/p][/quote]Andrew Ryan has been linked with a swap deal with Greg Eastwood at Leeds. We don't need another backrower anyway. Also, next season we'd only have one quota spot left if Menzies doesn't get a new deal as it drops from 6 to 5. That would be Kearney, L'Estrange, Hall & Orford (if he returns!) plus one other. Either Grothe or Matai would be an improvement to our backline and Tandy could come on an Irish passport...not entirely impossible. Adey
  • Score: 0

9:07am Tue 13 Jul 10

blue marlin says...

Adey wrote:
birkybull wrote: Steve Matai has been offered a deal by the Bulls. They have also sounded out the possibility of Melbourne Prop Ryan Tandy, Canterbury back rower Andrew Ryan & Parramatta Wing/Centre Eric Groth. its important to say though that these are speclative offers. 6 players have been told that their deals will not be re-newed. Worrency, kopzack, reardon, nero, sherrife & 1 other.
Andrew Ryan has been linked with a swap deal with Greg Eastwood at Leeds. We don't need another backrower anyway. Also, next season we'd only have one quota spot left if Menzies doesn't get a new deal as it drops from 6 to 5. That would be Kearney, L'Estrange, Hall & Orford (if he returns!) plus one other. Either Grothe or Matai would be an improvement to our backline and Tandy could come on an Irish passport...not entirely impossible.
this is what we want a bit of gossip regarding transfer news if the players going is correct the new coach must have had a hand in it ?
[quote][p][bold]Adey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]birkybull[/bold] wrote: Steve Matai has been offered a deal by the Bulls. They have also sounded out the possibility of Melbourne Prop Ryan Tandy, Canterbury back rower Andrew Ryan & Parramatta Wing/Centre Eric Groth. its important to say though that these are speclative offers. 6 players have been told that their deals will not be re-newed. Worrency, kopzack, reardon, nero, sherrife & 1 other.[/p][/quote]Andrew Ryan has been linked with a swap deal with Greg Eastwood at Leeds. We don't need another backrower anyway. Also, next season we'd only have one quota spot left if Menzies doesn't get a new deal as it drops from 6 to 5. That would be Kearney, L'Estrange, Hall & Orford (if he returns!) plus one other. Either Grothe or Matai would be an improvement to our backline and Tandy could come on an Irish passport...not entirely impossible.[/p][/quote]this is what we want a bit of gossip regarding transfer news if the players going is correct the new coach must have had a hand in it ? blue marlin
  • Score: 0

9:09am Tue 13 Jul 10

outofexile says...

Wasn't Hood quoted last week as saying “We will have it finalised within the next two weeks,”

Hard to see how he can be much clearer than that.

Just seems people want to have a go at him for any reason they can think of.
Wasn't Hood quoted last week as saying “We will have it finalised within the next two weeks,” Hard to see how he can be much clearer than that. Just seems people want to have a go at him for any reason they can think of. outofexile
  • Score: 0

9:15am Tue 13 Jul 10

Adey says...

blue marlin wrote:
Adey wrote:
birkybull wrote: Steve Matai has been offered a deal by the Bulls. They have also sounded out the possibility of Melbourne Prop Ryan Tandy, Canterbury back rower Andrew Ryan & Parramatta Wing/Centre Eric Groth. its important to say though that these are speclative offers. 6 players have been told that their deals will not be re-newed. Worrency, kopzack, reardon, nero, sherrife & 1 other.
Andrew Ryan has been linked with a swap deal with Greg Eastwood at Leeds. We don't need another backrower anyway. Also, next season we'd only have one quota spot left if Menzies doesn't get a new deal as it drops from 6 to 5. That would be Kearney, L'Estrange, Hall & Orford (if he returns!) plus one other. Either Grothe or Matai would be an improvement to our backline and Tandy could come on an Irish passport...not entirely impossible.
this is what we want a bit of gossip regarding transfer news if the players going is correct the new coach must have had a hand in it ?
Course we do! Lets be honest, naming of the new coach and in's and out's are all we have to look forward for 2010. Of the names mentioned, I wouldn't be shocked to see any of them depart in the offseason. Loss of Reardon would be a shame because I don't think he's been played in the correct position all season.
[quote][p][bold]blue marlin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Adey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]birkybull[/bold] wrote: Steve Matai has been offered a deal by the Bulls. They have also sounded out the possibility of Melbourne Prop Ryan Tandy, Canterbury back rower Andrew Ryan & Parramatta Wing/Centre Eric Groth. its important to say though that these are speclative offers. 6 players have been told that their deals will not be re-newed. Worrency, kopzack, reardon, nero, sherrife & 1 other.[/p][/quote]Andrew Ryan has been linked with a swap deal with Greg Eastwood at Leeds. We don't need another backrower anyway. Also, next season we'd only have one quota spot left if Menzies doesn't get a new deal as it drops from 6 to 5. That would be Kearney, L'Estrange, Hall & Orford (if he returns!) plus one other. Either Grothe or Matai would be an improvement to our backline and Tandy could come on an Irish passport...not entirely impossible.[/p][/quote]this is what we want a bit of gossip regarding transfer news if the players going is correct the new coach must have had a hand in it ?[/p][/quote]Course we do! Lets be honest, naming of the new coach and in's and out's are all we have to look forward for 2010. Of the names mentioned, I wouldn't be shocked to see any of them depart in the offseason. Loss of Reardon would be a shame because I don't think he's been played in the correct position all season. Adey
  • Score: 0

9:19am Tue 13 Jul 10

bulls2win says...

hmmmmmmmmmm birkybull! think u are wrong there! maybe those list of players are not being re signed but i know that one certain player included in that list IS STAYING AT BULLS, so your talking out of your **** there mate! get your facts right before speeling out a load of crap!
hmmmmmmmmmm birkybull! think u are wrong there! maybe those list of players are not being re signed but i know that one certain player included in that list IS STAYING AT BULLS, so your talking out of your **** there mate! get your facts right before speeling out a load of crap! bulls2win
  • Score: 0

9:23am Tue 13 Jul 10

bulls2win says...

and a subtle hint for you is that this man is on fire at the moment! now he has recovered from the bad knee injury and managed to claw back all the missed pre season training he couldnt do, and now he is actually being given decent game time! he is making a lot of people look like they have egg on their faces!!
and a subtle hint for you is that this man is on fire at the moment! now he has recovered from the bad knee injury and managed to claw back all the missed pre season training he couldnt do, and now he is actually being given decent game time! he is making a lot of people look like they have egg on their faces!! bulls2win
  • Score: 0

9:39am Tue 13 Jul 10

outofexile says...

Koppy it is then
Koppy it is then outofexile
  • Score: 0

9:56am Tue 13 Jul 10

HANLEY IS A LEGEND says...

It's about time he start hitting his straps.
For big fellow early on in the season he could'nt break through a "wet paperbag".
But fair play to him, he has started to break tackles and pass and make ground.
Just hope he can build on that this term.
It's about time he start hitting his straps. For big fellow early on in the season he could'nt break through a "wet paperbag". But fair play to him, he has started to break tackles and pass and make ground. Just hope he can build on that this term. HANLEY IS A LEGEND
  • Score: 0

10:05am Tue 13 Jul 10

bulls2win says...

haha! like adey kept saying he couldnt bust a paper bag! now look at him, maybe he was slow hitting the ground as he had a full 3 month lay off from training and missed the whole of pre season, i dont think any player could be expected to be playing well after missing so much training. Its a shame langley went off injured on fri, i was there and it was a tad dissapointed as him and koppy and lynchie are a strong, powerful trio. hall seems to be the missing link at the moment but saying that he is not a prop imo
haha! like adey kept saying he couldnt bust a paper bag! now look at him, maybe he was slow hitting the ground as he had a full 3 month lay off from training and missed the whole of pre season, i dont think any player could be expected to be playing well after missing so much training. Its a shame langley went off injured on fri, i was there and it was a tad dissapointed as him and koppy and lynchie are a strong, powerful trio. hall seems to be the missing link at the moment but saying that he is not a prop imo bulls2win
  • Score: 0

10:31am Tue 13 Jul 10

the1bully says...

ryan tandy is happy at the doggies birkybull he will not be coming- playing brilliantly too
ryan tandy is happy at the doggies birkybull he will not be coming- playing brilliantly too the1bully
  • Score: 0

10:35am Tue 13 Jul 10

Adey says...

bulls2win wrote:
haha! like adey kept saying he couldnt bust a paper bag! now look at him, maybe he was slow hitting the ground as he had a full 3 month lay off from training and missed the whole of pre season, i dont think any player could be expected to be playing well after missing so much training. Its a shame langley went off injured on fri, i was there and it was a tad dissapointed as him and koppy and lynchie are a strong, powerful trio. hall seems to be the missing link at the moment but saying that he is not a prop imo
Hall isn't a prop. He's a backrower. Dare I say, he's not big enough for prop. Kopczak does seem to be improving tho...lets face it, he's not the worst player to get a game this season!
[quote][p][bold]bulls2win[/bold] wrote: haha! like adey kept saying he couldnt bust a paper bag! now look at him, maybe he was slow hitting the ground as he had a full 3 month lay off from training and missed the whole of pre season, i dont think any player could be expected to be playing well after missing so much training. Its a shame langley went off injured on fri, i was there and it was a tad dissapointed as him and koppy and lynchie are a strong, powerful trio. hall seems to be the missing link at the moment but saying that he is not a prop imo[/p][/quote]Hall isn't a prop. He's a backrower. Dare I say, he's not big enough for prop. Kopczak does seem to be improving tho...lets face it, he's not the worst player to get a game this season! Adey
  • Score: 0

10:40am Tue 13 Jul 10

Prycey says...

I still don’t understand how any offers or sounding out can be done when our quota is full unless Menzies has had enough and Orford isn’t coming back. As far as Koppy is concerned I like most watched last week’s game on the highlights section and have to admit that I was quite taken aback with how good Koppy looked. I sat their wondering if he is actually starting to mature a little. When I heard yesterday that Cummins and Poaching are leaving Leeds at the end of the season to take up a new challenge my heart sank for a second and I nearly heard myself shouting “oh no, stay Macca, please stay”. I soon got over it with a stiff drink. Now that would get the letters being written on here.
I still don’t understand how any offers or sounding out can be done when our quota is full unless Menzies has had enough and Orford isn’t coming back. As far as Koppy is concerned I like most watched last week’s game on the highlights section and have to admit that I was quite taken aback with how good Koppy looked. I sat their wondering if he is actually starting to mature a little. When I heard yesterday that Cummins and Poaching are leaving Leeds at the end of the season to take up a new challenge my heart sank for a second and I nearly heard myself shouting “oh no, stay Macca, please stay”. I soon got over it with a stiff drink. Now that would get the letters being written on here. Prycey
  • Score: 0

10:48am Tue 13 Jul 10

Prycey says...

Macca has gone!!! Check out the BBC site.
Macca has gone!!! Check out the BBC site. Prycey
  • Score: 0

10:54am Tue 13 Jul 10

haitch says...

VJ Man wrote:
Ashbourne Bulls Supporters Club wrote: Why comment on speculation on Orford??? And if he didn't you would be saying why doesn't he answer the rumours! How can Hood announce the new coach, if negotiations are still on going? How naive of you. Contract negotiations cannot be aired in public and are very complex these days. It beggars belief people are criticising Hood for not announcing a new coach
What beggars belief is that you are defending Hood. The club is at crisis point, we're probably going to have a worse table position than last year, and the promise of an announcement before the end of June still have not happened. If there's nothing to tell us, or if negotiations have been delayed, then come into the press and tell us, don't keep us speculating and guessing. Whether it is contract negotiations or they haven't found anyone yet then let us know, it will probably stop most (not all) of the tittle tattle!
VJ don't be drawn by ABSC. He has his head so far up Maccas ring he hasn't a clue what day it is. Have a browse and look at his previous posts (no I don't blame you for saying you can't be bothered) and you will see what a clueless plonker he is.
As for Orford. Mr Hood is right in saying what he has. Eels have no right to make any statement of intent to sign Ox as he is a Bulls player under contract. Strong representation should be made to the NRL with a warning to any Aussie club re the legalities this matter. Then should Orford indeed wish to stay in Aus., at least everyone is aware that the Bulls will vehemently defend his contract and require a substantial fee for the release of his services.
Regarding the new coach..wait and see is the answer. All we should ask of Mr Hood is that he feeds us snippets of progress without revealing any secrets he may wish to hold during negotiations. In other words, stop keeping the fans in the dark.
[quote][p][bold]VJ Man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ashbourne Bulls Supporters Club[/bold] wrote: Why comment on speculation on Orford??? And if he didn't you would be saying why doesn't he answer the rumours! How can Hood announce the new coach, if negotiations are still on going? How naive of you. Contract negotiations cannot be aired in public and are very complex these days. It beggars belief people are criticising Hood for not announcing a new coach[/p][/quote]What beggars belief is that you are defending Hood. The club is at crisis point, we're probably going to have a worse table position than last year, and the promise of an announcement before the end of June still have not happened. If there's nothing to tell us, or if negotiations have been delayed, then come into the press and tell us, don't keep us speculating and guessing. Whether it is contract negotiations or they haven't found anyone yet then let us know, it will probably stop most (not all) of the tittle tattle![/p][/quote]VJ don't be drawn by ABSC. He has his head so far up Maccas ring he hasn't a clue what day it is. Have a browse and look at his previous posts (no I don't blame you for saying you can't be bothered) and you will see what a clueless plonker he is. As for Orford. Mr Hood is right in saying what he has. Eels have no right to make any statement of intent to sign Ox as he is a Bulls player under contract. Strong representation should be made to the NRL with a warning to any Aussie club re the legalities this matter. Then should Orford indeed wish to stay in Aus., at least everyone is aware that the Bulls will vehemently defend his contract and require a substantial fee for the release of his services. Regarding the new coach..wait and see is the answer. All we should ask of Mr Hood is that he feeds us snippets of progress without revealing any secrets he may wish to hold during negotiations. In other words, stop keeping the fans in the dark. haitch
  • Score: 0

1:11pm Tue 13 Jul 10

Tricky Dicky says...

As much as I do not rate Mr Hood's communication skills, his statement was a tad too long. Matt Orford is a contracted Bulls player - period. If someone else wants him (and personally I hope they do) then go through the proper channels and get ready with their cheque book.
A bit naughty of Connor resurrecting McDermott's name. That would, IMHO, be a disasterous move and one that could see the Bulls playing Featherstone, Batley and Keighley in two years time. Even Mr Hood is not that short-sighted, is he?
As much as I do not rate Mr Hood's communication skills, his statement was a tad too long. Matt Orford is a contracted Bulls player - period. If someone else wants him (and personally I hope they do) then go through the proper channels and get ready with their cheque book. A bit naughty of Connor resurrecting McDermott's name. That would, IMHO, be a disasterous move and one that could see the Bulls playing Featherstone, Batley and Keighley in two years time. Even Mr Hood is not that short-sighted, is he? Tricky Dicky
  • Score: 0

1:20pm Tue 13 Jul 10

philgrogan says...

Prycey wrote:
Macca has gone!!! Check out the BBC site.
Shame I thought he was doing a great job :-)
[quote][p][bold]Prycey[/bold] wrote: Macca has gone!!! Check out the BBC site.[/p][/quote]Shame I thought he was doing a great job :-) philgrogan
  • Score: 0

9:25pm Tue 13 Jul 10

dibsy says...

Macca gone nice fella ,but as a coach clueless,god help England.This season is over ,just hope the new coach brings alot of new ideas and super league standard players. C.O.Y.B
Macca gone nice fella ,but as a coach clueless,god help England.This season is over ,just hope the new coach brings alot of new ideas and super league standard players. C.O.Y.B dibsy
  • Score: 0

9:35pm Tue 13 Jul 10

finemess says...

Having correctly predicted Mcnamaras demise on Friday I can now tell you that the next coach will be Mick Potter who has agreed subject to contract verification to take charge at the end of the season. As for Orford, negotiations to release him from his contract are subject to him finding a new club and he will only be back here if he can't set up a suitable deal in Oz.
Having correctly predicted Mcnamaras demise on Friday I can now tell you that the next coach will be Mick Potter who has agreed subject to contract verification to take charge at the end of the season. As for Orford, negotiations to release him from his contract are subject to him finding a new club and he will only be back here if he can't set up a suitable deal in Oz. finemess
  • Score: 0

11:54am Wed 14 Jul 10

Ilkley bull says...

But why is he back in australia why cant he be in england with the rest of the players down at the bench at games.

And when the hell are they going to announce the coach
But why is he back in australia why cant he be in england with the rest of the players down at the bench at games. And when the hell are they going to announce the coach Ilkley bull
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree