Francis Cummins insisted he had no problem with the 11th hour postponement of the Bulls’ Super League clash at Hull FC last night.

An overturned tanker on the M62 shut the motorway, first delaying kick-off before a decision was finally taken at 8pm to postpone the match as it is believed that at least eight of Hull’s players were left stranded in traffic.

The Bulls’ team coach reached the KC Stadium after a police escort guided them through the chaos but a number of the home side’s West Yorkshire-based squad were still stuck.

The match was quickly rearranged for 3pm tomorrow and Cummins said: “It’s one of those things, isn’t it.

“We were all ready to go but you can’t look to push a fixture when a team’s got so many players stuck, so we just do it at three o’clock tomorrow now.”

Despite having to detour on the A19, the Bulls coach was able to reach the ground half an hour before the scheduled 8pm kick-off.

Cummins said: “We got here but obviously a number of Hull’s players were stranded as they were stuck before the A19 and that made things very difficult.

“They were talking about playing the game today but we were saying no we can’t as we can’t bring the Lancashire-based lads back, so it’s going to be Sunday.

“Like I say, we just get on with it now and it’s not an issue. We’ve just spent two hours on a Friday night together.

“Some (players) were already strapped up and ready to go but it’s not in our hands and is not anyone’s fault.

“We just got some food at Hull and then set off back. We’re going to have a light training session today and then go again.”

Bulls football and media manager Stuart Duffy admitted that in his 15 years in rugby league he had never gone through anything similar.

Duffy said: “I’ve never had to divert off the motorway on the way to a game. Fortunately we were before the A19 (exit and could divert).

“Realistically, eight or nine of their players weren’t going to get to the ground before 9.15pm, which is the last time the game could have kicked off.

“At the end of the day, we can’t expect Hull to put a load of kids in because it’s an important competition.

“We could have played it today but it would have been an early kick-off and we would have got back late.

“It’s better for everybody concerned that the game is played tomorrow and we’ll travel across in the morning.”

Bulls owner Omar Khan announced that coach travel to Hull tomorrow will be free for all supporters who travelled officially with the club last night.