CITY have launched a frantic keeper search ahead of tomorrow night's transfer deadline.

Rouven Sattelmaier's hamstring injury in the Checkatrade Trophy win at Chesterfield has left Colin Doyle without any cover.

The Bantams are still hopeful of bringing in another centre-half, although that is likely to go to the wire, and they are now hunting a second stopper with the German likely to be sidelined for a while.

"It looks like a few weeks for that one, just when he gets his opportunity," admitted assistant boss Kenny Black.

"That leaves us not just a little bit short but extremely short. That is a big concern coming up to the deadline.

"It will be number one on the list because we need to get back-up for Doyley. We've only got young George (Sykes-Kenworthy) in the under-18s and that's not nearly enough.

"But we need to wrap Doyle in cotton wool now – and hope he doesn't get the call from the Republic of Ireland because he's on stand-by."

Alex Jones scored twice as City produced a powerful second-half display to win 4-2 – their fourth win on the bounce at the Proact Stadium.

Omari Patrick equalised just before the break against the team currently bottom of League Two before Jones' double strike. Debutant Jacob Hanson then came forward from left back to notch the final goal.

Victory was the ideal pick-me-up after the bitter disappointment of Saturday's 3-3 draw at Walsall.

Black said: "When you have that sort of result, because it felt like we lost it after being 3-0 up, it's really important you get back on board quickly and this was the perfect opportunity.

"It was a sticky start going 1-0 down but we showed a bit of character. There are a lot of players who have been frustrated at not getting football just now, so it gives them a platform to go and play.

"We looked a lot more like ourselves second half and it was great for Jonesy to get two. That was important because he beats himself up a little bit. He's probably not started the season as well as he'd have liked."