Rory McArdle: Wembley must wait for Bradford City

Rory McArdle knows City must rein in their Wembley ambitions during the four league matches ahead of the Capital One Cup final

Rory McArdle knows City must rein in their Wembley ambitions during the four league matches ahead of the Capital One Cup final

First published in Bantams Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , Bradford City Reporter

Rory McArdle wants to put City’s promotion bid back on a firm footing before Wembley comes calling.

Saturday’s trip to Fleetwood will be their first league action for three weeks since Oxford won at Valley Parade.

City have four games before the Capital One Cup final on February 24 and McArdle insists it is vital that they get the League Two form rolling again.

With only one point from a possible 12 since the last league win on Boxing Day, the Bantams have slipped to tenth in League Two. But they are still just three points off the play-offs with a game in hand.

McArdle said: “Over the league season as a whole, it’s probably been the only real sticky patch that we’ve hit.

“It’s frustrating when you see the table but the majority of teams will go through the same thing at some point. It affects everyone.

“People talk about the cup being a distraction but if we had been winning games, nothing like that would be mentioned.

“Within the space of a week we had probably our best performances of the season against Aston Villa and then played Oxford and gave one of the worst.

“I don’t know why you can be so high one minute and so low the next. If anybody knew the answer to that they would make a lot of money.

“It’s just the fact that we’re not picking up the points that we should and people are starting to look for excuses. There are no excuses, we’ve just not been performing (in the league) as we should be.”

City have kept just one clean sheet – at Morecambe on New Year’s Day – in the last six league outings. As a defender, McArdle believes they need to provide a more solid base.

He said: “We’ve got to stop conceding goals. We need some nitty-gritty 1-0 wins.

“When it’s a horrible game like the Oxford one, then at worst we should be going away with a point.

“Think back to when we beat Plymouth 1-0 or winning 2-0 at Oxford, which was probably one of our best away games because we defended so well. We looked like the real deal there.”

Three of the four pre-Wembley games are on the road, with leaders Gillingham the only side to be visiting Valley Parade. After that, City face two long trips in the space of four days to Wycombe and Wimbledon.

McArdle said: “We’ve proved this season that we can get results and there is quality in the team. We won’t feel sorry for ourselves.

“But it’s not just going to happen. We’ve got to go out there, put the basics right, get back to square one and start defending properly.

“If we’re on our game, there’s no reason why we can’t beat anybody and get back on track.

“A couple of wins and you’re pushing up the top again, through this patch and putting a run together.

“By the end of February, the cup will be out of the way. We want to be right there in the mix then so we can concentrate on the league.”

Meanwhile, City’s home game against Wycombe, postponed on Saturday, will now be played on Tuesday, March 19.

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:22am Thu 31 Jan 13

Freddy says...

*
Looking at the fixture list :-
*
Sat 2 Fleetwood
Away
Sat 9 Gillingham
Home
Tue 12 Wycombe
Away
Sat 16 AFC Wimbledon
Away
Sun 24 Capital One Cup final
Wembley
*
The AWAY MATCHES are in the London area.
I have said this before, on previous posts. Could the Squad and Club visit WEMBLEY ?, prior to one of these London area away matches. There are TOURS around the stadium --including " The Dressing Rooms ".( Can our Club Secretary make the arrangements please?)
*
I feel that the Tour would greatly assist 'The Squad', with familiarisation.( Especially THE DRESSING ROOMS and their excellent facilities). Also, to help them to assess the stadium, as a whole; and NOT become overwhelmed by the area, and the occasion of The Final
*
*.
* Looking at the fixture list :- * Sat 2 Fleetwood Away Sat 9 Gillingham Home Tue 12 Wycombe Away Sat 16 AFC Wimbledon Away Sun 24 Capital One Cup final Wembley * The AWAY MATCHES are in the London area. I have said this before, on previous posts. Could the Squad and Club visit WEMBLEY ?, prior to one of these London area away matches. There are TOURS around the stadium --including " The Dressing Rooms ".( Can our Club Secretary make the arrangements please?) * I feel that the Tour would greatly assist 'The Squad', with familiarisation.( Especially THE DRESSING ROOMS and their excellent facilities). Also, to help them to assess the stadium, as a whole; and NOT become overwhelmed by the area, and the occasion of The Final * *. Freddy
  • Score: 0

10:34am Thu 31 Jan 13

Freddy says...

*
With regard to the Article.
*
QUOTE:--“By the end of February, the cup will be out of the way. We want to be right there in the mix then, so we can concentrate on the league.”
*
EVERY Match from now on, will be a CUP FINAL. Every team City play, will want to beat "The League Cup Finalists."
*
WHEN CITY WIN -" The League Cup Final ". ALL the remaining fixtures, will be MORE- Cup Finals, for exactly the same reasons.
*
As 'Parky' said--you are all now playing for your selection in 'The Final'.
*
Every Bradford City Supporter wants PROMOTION--preferabl
y, Automatic Promotion. THEN, I would like to see the Squad and Management Team, remain at City ( Where possible !). To sustain promotion. The Cup Final is a magnificent achievement. BUT PROMOTION IS TOP PRIORITY.
*
*
* With regard to the Article. * QUOTE:--“By the end of February, the cup will be out of the way. We want to be right there in the mix then, so we can concentrate on the league.” * EVERY Match from now on, will be a CUP FINAL. Every team City play, will want to beat "The League Cup Finalists." * WHEN CITY WIN -" The League Cup Final ". ALL the remaining fixtures, will be MORE- Cup Finals, for exactly the same reasons. * As 'Parky' said--you are all now playing for your selection in 'The Final'. * Every Bradford City Supporter wants PROMOTION--preferabl y, Automatic Promotion. THEN, I would like to see the Squad and Management Team, remain at City ( Where possible !). To sustain promotion. The Cup Final is a magnificent achievement. BUT PROMOTION IS TOP PRIORITY. * * Freddy
  • Score: 0

10:58am Thu 31 Jan 13

shoatsy says...

we can get promotion next year!!! this is the second cup final in our history and probably the only one in my life time lets enjoy it
we can get promotion next year!!! this is the second cup final in our history and probably the only one in my life time lets enjoy it shoatsy
  • Score: 0

11:10am Thu 31 Jan 13

ilkleyborn says...

The City anthem for Wembley written by William Blake, and sang to the tune of Jerusalam...........
....................
..........
And will those feet in 4 weeks time.
Walk upon Wembleys turf of green.
And will the claret and amber stripes.
All down the M1 be seen.
And will the spender of the cup.
Shine forth upon our clouded hills.
And will a new trophy be hung.
Among those dark satanic mills.
Who would have thought Bill Blake was a city fan?
The City anthem for Wembley written by William Blake, and sang to the tune of Jerusalam........... .................... .......... And will those feet in 4 weeks time. Walk upon Wembleys turf of green. And will the claret and amber stripes. All down the M1 be seen. And will the spender of the cup. Shine forth upon our clouded hills. And will a new trophy be hung. Among those dark satanic mills. Who would have thought Bill Blake was a city fan? ilkleyborn
  • Score: 0

11:30am Thu 31 Jan 13

lawsonio123 says...

Promotion can wait NO it cannot nothing can be taken for granted Next Year. If possible promotion must happen this year. Football is a funny game where you must take your chance while you can. The Manager knows the game is full of next years which do not come to pass and for anyone to say otherwise is not living in the real world.Having said this Come on City lets go up now. Good Luck at Fleetwood
Promotion can wait NO it cannot nothing can be taken for granted Next Year. If possible promotion must happen this year. Football is a funny game where you must take your chance while you can. The Manager knows the game is full of next years which do not come to pass and for anyone to say otherwise is not living in the real world.Having said this Come on City lets go up now. Good Luck at Fleetwood lawsonio123
  • Score: 0

11:30am Thu 31 Jan 13

lawsonio123 says...

Promotion can wait NO it cannot nothing can be taken for granted Next Year. If possible promotion must happen this year. Football is a funny game where you must take your chance while you can. The Manager knows the game is full of next years which do not come to pass and for anyone to say otherwise is not living in the real world.Having said this Come on City lets go up now. Good Luck at Fleetwood
Promotion can wait NO it cannot nothing can be taken for granted Next Year. If possible promotion must happen this year. Football is a funny game where you must take your chance while you can. The Manager knows the game is full of next years which do not come to pass and for anyone to say otherwise is not living in the real world.Having said this Come on City lets go up now. Good Luck at Fleetwood lawsonio123
  • Score: 0

11:51am Thu 31 Jan 13

KnightMcCall says...

WIth the huge clamour to watch City; why are there still tickets available for the Fleetwood game? It's not exactly a massive stadium.
WIth the huge clamour to watch City; why are there still tickets available for the Fleetwood game? It's not exactly a massive stadium. KnightMcCall
  • Score: 0

11:51am Thu 31 Jan 13

bigang02 says...

what a dream it would be if we could win the cup and also get promoted .come on lads do it for the fans we deserve it.
what a dream it would be if we could win the cup and also get promoted .come on lads do it for the fans we deserve it. bigang02
  • Score: 0

11:53am Thu 31 Jan 13

bigang02 says...

any1 know how many tickets have been sold for wembley yet.swansea have sold over half of theres in the 1st day and go on general sales sooner rather than later is that what bradford will do.
any1 know how many tickets have been sold for wembley yet.swansea have sold over half of theres in the 1st day and go on general sales sooner rather than later is that what bradford will do. bigang02
  • Score: 0

12:21pm Thu 31 Jan 13

BD16 says...

KnightMcCall wrote:
WIth the huge clamour to watch City; why are there still tickets available for the Fleetwood game? It's not exactly a massive stadium.
I got mine on Wednesday. They only had tickets for the seating area left then.
[quote][p][bold]KnightMcCall[/bold] wrote: WIth the huge clamour to watch City; why are there still tickets available for the Fleetwood game? It's not exactly a massive stadium.[/p][/quote]I got mine on Wednesday. They only had tickets for the seating area left then. BD16
  • Score: 0

12:31pm Thu 31 Jan 13

KnightMcCall says...

BD16 wrote:
KnightMcCall wrote:
WIth the huge clamour to watch City; why are there still tickets available for the Fleetwood game? It's not exactly a massive stadium.
I got mine on Wednesday. They only had tickets for the seating area left then.
Excellent; I will see you there (except I'll be standing).

Come on the rest of you; you don't have to have a season ticket to go to Fleetwood; anyone can go! It only cost £12.50 too!! And they will sell you a ticket in person at VP!!!
[quote][p][bold]BD16[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KnightMcCall[/bold] wrote: WIth the huge clamour to watch City; why are there still tickets available for the Fleetwood game? It's not exactly a massive stadium.[/p][/quote]I got mine on Wednesday. They only had tickets for the seating area left then.[/p][/quote]Excellent; I will see you there (except I'll be standing). Come on the rest of you; you don't have to have a season ticket to go to Fleetwood; anyone can go! It only cost £12.50 too!! And they will sell you a ticket in person at VP!!! KnightMcCall
  • Score: 0

12:45pm Thu 31 Jan 13

james28uk says...

Genuine bradford city fan looking to buy two tickets for wembley ive been to Arsenal at home and both legs of the semi final with villa but cant get a ticket for wembley till at least the 9th February.if there is any seaon ticket holder willing to purchase two tickets for me in the £100 pound seats i would cladly pay £300 for them. email me if you can help on james28uk@hotmail.co
m
Genuine bradford city fan looking to buy two tickets for wembley ive been to Arsenal at home and both legs of the semi final with villa but cant get a ticket for wembley till at least the 9th February.if there is any seaon ticket holder willing to purchase two tickets for me in the £100 pound seats i would cladly pay £300 for them. email me if you can help on james28uk@hotmail.co m james28uk
  • Score: 0

12:59pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Birky_Neil says...

Finally got mine at 5am this morning!
Long story but logged on at 0906 Wednesday to be in a que which I gave up on after 18 hours!
I had the iPad at side of the bed so had 2 hours sleep as was up at 6am!
Had to finally get the tickets on my PCM as iPad and iPhone don't support flash lol.
Anyway got 2 good seat near front to the left of the goal for £72!
Finally got mine at 5am this morning! Long story but logged on at 0906 Wednesday to be in a que which I gave up on after 18 hours! I had the iPad at side of the bed so had 2 hours sleep as was up at 6am! Had to finally get the tickets on my PCM as iPad and iPhone don't support flash lol. Anyway got 2 good seat near front to the left of the goal for £72! Birky_Neil
  • Score: 0

1:37pm Thu 31 Jan 13

bigang02 says...

has any1 herd that we signing or signd sol cambell.
has any1 herd that we signing or signd sol cambell. bigang02
  • Score: 0

1:47pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Village Bantam says...

Yeah sure McArdle, thanks to Baldwin, Lawn and co, Wembley must wait another generation for a lot of GENUINE City fans.

This is a little rant for their eyes - it's not that relevant to the post but given they read these forums, I wanted to let them know. I've sent an email via the website and if anyone can give me other email addresses, then please do so I can have a rant there too but this is for the moronic handlers of BCFC:

I'm absolutely disgusted at the way you've chosen to allocate Wembley tickets.

I'm a City supporter of 30 years and for the first 15 of that, I went to matches home and away. It wasn't until I left Bradford in 2000, that I started missing matches but now I live overseas, I still support the club by paying money to listen to all the games via Bantams Player and by buying the kit each season, this season I might add, I also bought for my 3 years old girl and had it not come direct from the club, I would have guessed it to be fake since it doesn't even resemble the top I got as it has a different shade of amber and the back is opposite colours!

Anyway, your decision to hand season ticket holders the ability to secure 3 tickets EACH, is completely short sighted and lacks any sort of rationale.

Were all season ticket holders, supporters who go to games alone, then to issue them 3 tickets would make ample sense, they could then take a couple of family members on a day out to Wembley but most season ticket holders go in groups and so you now have family members who go together purchasing huge amounts of tickets to take family and friends who have never even supported the club. A family of 4 ST holders can purchase 12 tickets. Two friends who go together can purchase 6, so they can now take their partners and book a seat for their dog too, meanwhile true, hardened City fans probably in the region of 10,000 will be looking for 20,000 seats when the final 1,800 go on sale as Arthur and Mildred Smith along with their two sons Bob and Eric, are now taking the street along with them just for the sake of it.

To make matters worse, you've given them 2 weeks to snap up as many of the 30,000 tickets they're eligible for, so that when idiots like myself who want to travel thousands of miles at great expense to watch my team participate in their first major final in generations we will have to wait for the mad rush in order to snap up 2 tickets leaving me with barely any time left to arrange my accomodation and flights.

Thank you very much.

I would have liked to have made a stance here by saying that I'd never follow the club again or spend another penny on City again but that's not gonna happen.

I hope you're feeling pretty foolish and ashamed of the amateurish way in which you've handled this affair.
Yeah sure McArdle, thanks to Baldwin, Lawn and co, Wembley must wait another generation for a lot of GENUINE City fans. This is a little rant for their eyes - it's not that relevant to the post but given they read these forums, I wanted to let them know. I've sent an email via the website and if anyone can give me other email addresses, then please do so I can have a rant there too but this is for the moronic handlers of BCFC: I'm absolutely disgusted at the way you've chosen to allocate Wembley tickets. I'm a City supporter of 30 years and for the first 15 of that, I went to matches home and away. It wasn't until I left Bradford in 2000, that I started missing matches but now I live overseas, I still support the club by paying money to listen to all the games via Bantams Player and by buying the kit each season, this season I might add, I also bought for my 3 years old girl and had it not come direct from the club, I would have guessed it to be fake since it doesn't even resemble the top I got as it has a different shade of amber and the back is opposite colours! Anyway, your decision to hand season ticket holders the ability to secure 3 tickets EACH, is completely short sighted and lacks any sort of rationale. Were all season ticket holders, supporters who go to games alone, then to issue them 3 tickets would make ample sense, they could then take a couple of family members on a day out to Wembley but most season ticket holders go in groups and so you now have family members who go together purchasing huge amounts of tickets to take family and friends who have never even supported the club. A family of 4 ST holders can purchase 12 tickets. Two friends who go together can purchase 6, so they can now take their partners and book a seat for their dog too, meanwhile true, hardened City fans probably in the region of 10,000 will be looking for 20,000 seats when the final 1,800 go on sale as Arthur and Mildred Smith along with their two sons Bob and Eric, are now taking the street along with them just for the sake of it. To make matters worse, you've given them 2 weeks to snap up as many of the 30,000 tickets they're eligible for, so that when idiots like myself who want to travel thousands of miles at great expense to watch my team participate in their first major final in generations we will have to wait for the mad rush in order to snap up 2 tickets leaving me with barely any time left to arrange my accomodation and flights. Thank you very much. I would have liked to have made a stance here by saying that I'd never follow the club again or spend another penny on City again but that's not gonna happen. I hope you're feeling pretty foolish and ashamed of the amateurish way in which you've handled this affair. Village Bantam
  • Score: 0

2:40pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Michael Clayton says...

Why should anyone make a special case for you? Did anyone ask you to withdraw your support and move overseas?

It would be impossible for the club to substantiate your case as there will be thousands of people in a similar situation.

There is no way the club could sift through all individual circumstances in the next twenty-five days.

For an outlay of £50.00 (i.e.flexi-card purchase) you would (at least) have made a donation to the cause and (on the off-chance) prevented the situation you have found yourself in.

A Wembley appearance was not unlikely as it seemed (given the play-off possibility). It is more to do with assuming that you are owed something from a different era.
Why should anyone make a special case for you? Did anyone ask you to withdraw your support and move overseas? It would be impossible for the club to substantiate your case as there will be thousands of people in a similar situation. There is no way the club could sift through all individual circumstances in the next twenty-five days. For an outlay of £50.00 (i.e.flexi-card purchase) you would (at least) have made a donation to the cause and (on the off-chance) prevented the situation you have found yourself in. A Wembley appearance was not unlikely as it seemed (given the play-off possibility). It is more to do with assuming that you are owed something from a different era. Michael Clayton
  • Score: 0

3:46pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Citygentleman1968 says...

On some good old fashioned transfer news -

Fleetwood have been one of the busiest clubs in January, bringing in five new players, but manager Graham Alexander does not envisage any more new arrivals on deadline day.

Let's hope this will cause some issues for them at the weekend.
On some good old fashioned transfer news - Fleetwood have been one of the busiest clubs in January, bringing in five new players, but manager Graham Alexander does not envisage any more new arrivals on deadline day. Let's hope this will cause some issues for them at the weekend. Citygentleman1968
  • Score: 0

3:56pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Village Bantam says...

Michael Clayton wrote:
Why should anyone make a special case for you? Did anyone ask you to withdraw your support and move overseas?

It would be impossible for the club to substantiate your case as there will be thousands of people in a similar situation.

There is no way the club could sift through all individual circumstances in the next twenty-five days.

For an outlay of £50.00 (i.e.flexi-card purchase) you would (at least) have made a donation to the cause and (on the off-chance) prevented the situation you have found yourself in.

A Wembley appearance was not unlikely as it seemed (given the play-off possibility). It is more to do with assuming that you are owed something from a different era.
Why is it making a special case for me?

Go back to your insignificant little life you short-sighted runt.

It's about offering as many tickets to genuine supporters as possible and handing ST holders virtually the entire allocation is absolutely shocking.

2 per person would have been more than adequate, leaving 12,000 tickets for general sale but this is ridiculous.

Yesterday evening, over 16,500 had sold - over half of the tickets and yet there's still another 13 days left to go before general sale.

I've got no problem prioritising ST holders, that's not the point here, it's to do with excess and the few that are benefitting from it, people like you no doubt obviously have no problem with it but there's thousands of City supporters who can't get to see them.

I should have bought a Flexi Card you say without a thought - obviously.

I spend MORE on Bantams Player to listen to them weekly than a Flexi Card owner paid - so don't give me your patronising, half witted retort about making donations.
[quote][p][bold]Michael Clayton[/bold] wrote: Why should anyone make a special case for you? Did anyone ask you to withdraw your support and move overseas? It would be impossible for the club to substantiate your case as there will be thousands of people in a similar situation. There is no way the club could sift through all individual circumstances in the next twenty-five days. For an outlay of £50.00 (i.e.flexi-card purchase) you would (at least) have made a donation to the cause and (on the off-chance) prevented the situation you have found yourself in. A Wembley appearance was not unlikely as it seemed (given the play-off possibility). It is more to do with assuming that you are owed something from a different era.[/p][/quote]Why is it making a special case for me? Go back to your insignificant little life you short-sighted runt. It's about offering as many tickets to genuine supporters as possible and handing ST holders virtually the entire allocation is absolutely shocking. 2 per person would have been more than adequate, leaving 12,000 tickets for general sale but this is ridiculous. Yesterday evening, over 16,500 had sold - over half of the tickets and yet there's still another 13 days left to go before general sale. I've got no problem prioritising ST holders, that's not the point here, it's to do with excess and the few that are benefitting from it, people like you no doubt obviously have no problem with it but there's thousands of City supporters who can't get to see them. I should have bought a Flexi Card you say without a thought - obviously. I spend MORE on Bantams Player to listen to them weekly than a Flexi Card owner paid - so don't give me your patronising, half witted retort about making donations. Village Bantam
  • Score: 0

4:14pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Edinburgh -bantam says...

Village Bantam wrote:
Michael Clayton wrote:
Why should anyone make a special case for you? Did anyone ask you to withdraw your support and move overseas?

It would be impossible for the club to substantiate your case as there will be thousands of people in a similar situation.

There is no way the club could sift through all individual circumstances in the next twenty-five days.

For an outlay of £50.00 (i.e.flexi-card purchase) you would (at least) have made a donation to the cause and (on the off-chance) prevented the situation you have found yourself in.

A Wembley appearance was not unlikely as it seemed (given the play-off possibility). It is more to do with assuming that you are owed something from a different era.
Why is it making a special case for me?

Go back to your insignificant little life you short-sighted runt.

It's about offering as many tickets to genuine supporters as possible and handing ST holders virtually the entire allocation is absolutely shocking.

2 per person would have been more than adequate, leaving 12,000 tickets for general sale but this is ridiculous.

Yesterday evening, over 16,500 had sold - over half of the tickets and yet there's still another 13 days left to go before general sale.

I've got no problem prioritising ST holders, that's not the point here, it's to do with excess and the few that are benefitting from it, people like you no doubt obviously have no problem with it but there's thousands of City supporters who can't get to see them.

I should have bought a Flexi Card you say without a thought - obviously.

I spend MORE on Bantams Player to listen to them weekly than a Flexi Card owner paid - so don't give me your patronising, half witted retort about making donations.
Village

I sympathise with you and have heard of people attending who wouldn't know the names of 3 City players.

You are being ripped off if you pay more than a flexi-card for Bantams Player, Premium TV charged me £37.99 when I renewed my subscription at the start of the season.
[quote][p][bold]Village Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Michael Clayton[/bold] wrote: Why should anyone make a special case for you? Did anyone ask you to withdraw your support and move overseas? It would be impossible for the club to substantiate your case as there will be thousands of people in a similar situation. There is no way the club could sift through all individual circumstances in the next twenty-five days. For an outlay of £50.00 (i.e.flexi-card purchase) you would (at least) have made a donation to the cause and (on the off-chance) prevented the situation you have found yourself in. A Wembley appearance was not unlikely as it seemed (given the play-off possibility). It is more to do with assuming that you are owed something from a different era.[/p][/quote]Why is it making a special case for me? Go back to your insignificant little life you short-sighted runt. It's about offering as many tickets to genuine supporters as possible and handing ST holders virtually the entire allocation is absolutely shocking. 2 per person would have been more than adequate, leaving 12,000 tickets for general sale but this is ridiculous. Yesterday evening, over 16,500 had sold - over half of the tickets and yet there's still another 13 days left to go before general sale. I've got no problem prioritising ST holders, that's not the point here, it's to do with excess and the few that are benefitting from it, people like you no doubt obviously have no problem with it but there's thousands of City supporters who can't get to see them. I should have bought a Flexi Card you say without a thought - obviously. I spend MORE on Bantams Player to listen to them weekly than a Flexi Card owner paid - so don't give me your patronising, half witted retort about making donations.[/p][/quote]Village I sympathise with you and have heard of people attending who wouldn't know the names of 3 City players. You are being ripped off if you pay more than a flexi-card for Bantams Player, Premium TV charged me £37.99 when I renewed my subscription at the start of the season. Edinburgh -bantam
  • Score: 0

4:32pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Village Bantam says...

Edinburgh -bantam wrote:
Village Bantam wrote:
Michael Clayton wrote:
Why should anyone make a special case for you? Did anyone ask you to withdraw your support and move overseas?

It would be impossible for the club to substantiate your case as there will be thousands of people in a similar situation.

There is no way the club could sift through all individual circumstances in the next twenty-five days.

For an outlay of £50.00 (i.e.flexi-card purchase) you would (at least) have made a donation to the cause and (on the off-chance) prevented the situation you have found yourself in.

A Wembley appearance was not unlikely as it seemed (given the play-off possibility). It is more to do with assuming that you are owed something from a different era.
Why is it making a special case for me?

Go back to your insignificant little life you short-sighted runt.

It's about offering as many tickets to genuine supporters as possible and handing ST holders virtually the entire allocation is absolutely shocking.

2 per person would have been more than adequate, leaving 12,000 tickets for general sale but this is ridiculous.

Yesterday evening, over 16,500 had sold - over half of the tickets and yet there's still another 13 days left to go before general sale.

I've got no problem prioritising ST holders, that's not the point here, it's to do with excess and the few that are benefitting from it, people like you no doubt obviously have no problem with it but there's thousands of City supporters who can't get to see them.

I should have bought a Flexi Card you say without a thought - obviously.

I spend MORE on Bantams Player to listen to them weekly than a Flexi Card owner paid - so don't give me your patronising, half witted retort about making donations.
Village

I sympathise with you and have heard of people attending who wouldn't know the names of 3 City players.

You are being ripped off if you pay more than a flexi-card for Bantams Player, Premium TV charged me £37.99 when I renewed my subscription at the start of the season.
I choose to pay monthly £4.99 so I end up paying £60 but I've never been that concerned given the cause but hey.
[quote][p][bold]Edinburgh -bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Village Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Michael Clayton[/bold] wrote: Why should anyone make a special case for you? Did anyone ask you to withdraw your support and move overseas? It would be impossible for the club to substantiate your case as there will be thousands of people in a similar situation. There is no way the club could sift through all individual circumstances in the next twenty-five days. For an outlay of £50.00 (i.e.flexi-card purchase) you would (at least) have made a donation to the cause and (on the off-chance) prevented the situation you have found yourself in. A Wembley appearance was not unlikely as it seemed (given the play-off possibility). It is more to do with assuming that you are owed something from a different era.[/p][/quote]Why is it making a special case for me? Go back to your insignificant little life you short-sighted runt. It's about offering as many tickets to genuine supporters as possible and handing ST holders virtually the entire allocation is absolutely shocking. 2 per person would have been more than adequate, leaving 12,000 tickets for general sale but this is ridiculous. Yesterday evening, over 16,500 had sold - over half of the tickets and yet there's still another 13 days left to go before general sale. I've got no problem prioritising ST holders, that's not the point here, it's to do with excess and the few that are benefitting from it, people like you no doubt obviously have no problem with it but there's thousands of City supporters who can't get to see them. I should have bought a Flexi Card you say without a thought - obviously. I spend MORE on Bantams Player to listen to them weekly than a Flexi Card owner paid - so don't give me your patronising, half witted retort about making donations.[/p][/quote]Village I sympathise with you and have heard of people attending who wouldn't know the names of 3 City players. You are being ripped off if you pay more than a flexi-card for Bantams Player, Premium TV charged me £37.99 when I renewed my subscription at the start of the season.[/p][/quote]I choose to pay monthly £4.99 so I end up paying £60 but I've never been that concerned given the cause but hey. Village Bantam
  • Score: 0

5:48pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Rambo says...

Village Bantam -

I feel I have to defend the club in wake of your comments. You must not have seen what I said yesterday. The 4 teams involved in the semis had to arrange with the Football League and Wembley the ticketing arrangements before the semi games were played. I can't remember who said it originally but I fully agree in that the FL and Wembley probably pressured City into this policy.

I think its feasible Wembley and the FL didn't want to give 2 per holder and risk some 12,000 going on general sale at mercy of touts and all sorts. Yeah, they don't care what the fans think, I know. But thats how they've always operated. Swansea have some 16,000 ticket holders and if they all take their 2 their allocation is 99% taken.

Lets be honest, nearly every team that reaches a final has a lot more season tickets than we do and have people on reserve lists or membership lists to to enter the lottery of cup final/away game ticket. We don't.

The only option for future years is to operate a membership scheme like others do. e.g. £20 a year, first dibs after ST holders or lottery draw for tickets.
Village Bantam - I feel I have to defend the club in wake of your comments. You must not have seen what I said yesterday. The 4 teams involved in the semis had to arrange with the Football League and Wembley the ticketing arrangements before the semi games were played. I can't remember who said it originally but I fully agree in that the FL and Wembley probably pressured City into this policy. I think its feasible Wembley and the FL didn't want to give 2 per holder and risk some 12,000 going on general sale at mercy of touts and all sorts. Yeah, they don't care what the fans think, I know. But thats how they've always operated. Swansea have some 16,000 ticket holders and if they all take their 2 their allocation is 99% taken. Lets be honest, nearly every team that reaches a final has a lot more season tickets than we do and have people on reserve lists or membership lists to to enter the lottery of cup final/away game ticket. We don't. The only option for future years is to operate a membership scheme like others do. e.g. £20 a year, first dibs after ST holders or lottery draw for tickets. Rambo
  • Score: 0

6:16pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Michael Clayton says...

When I asked you why anyone should make a special case for you I was asking a perfectly open question.

As you have proved (by your "runt remark") you have spat your dummy out because you are not getting your own way. You are frustrated.

You think it is perfectly acceptable to jettison in when it suits you. Despite the fact (by your own admission) you have been largely absent for thirteen years.

Also, the fact you subscribe to Bantams Player is for your own entertainment. I would suspect that you did not buy a flexi-card as there was nothing in it for you; until now.

Lawn and Rhodes realise the value of the current fanbase. They have dragged the club through dark days since you departed the scene.

With a three-for-one deal they are rewarding the people who actually turn-up. There is also the propensity for those people to return.

What annoys me is your critisism of the adminstration and merchandising. I too have encountered problems but came to reaslise that the operation has been kept going by two men on a shoe-string budget. However, you will not realise that by virtue of your absence.

I do not see why they should be led on a guilt trip by the likes of you.

Without the three for one there would have been a clamour for tickets that would have been potentially unmanageable.

The argument that people are going to E-Bay (based on the three for one) is also a nonsense given that anyone hoping to profiteer is just as likely to do so whether it be two, three or four.
When I asked you why anyone should make a special case for you I was asking a perfectly open question. As you have proved (by your "runt remark") you have spat your dummy out because you are not getting your own way. You are frustrated. You think it is perfectly acceptable to jettison in when it suits you. Despite the fact (by your own admission) you have been largely absent for thirteen years. Also, the fact you subscribe to Bantams Player is for your own entertainment. I would suspect that you did not buy a flexi-card as there was nothing in it for you; until now. Lawn and Rhodes realise the value of the current fanbase. They have dragged the club through dark days since you departed the scene. With a three-for-one deal they are rewarding the people who actually turn-up. There is also the propensity for those people to return. What annoys me is your critisism of the adminstration and merchandising. I too have encountered problems but came to reaslise that the operation has been kept going by two men on a shoe-string budget. However, you will not realise that by virtue of your absence. I do not see why they should be led on a guilt trip by the likes of you. Without the three for one there would have been a clamour for tickets that would have been potentially unmanageable. The argument that people are going to E-Bay (based on the three for one) is also a nonsense given that anyone hoping to profiteer is just as likely to do so whether it be two, three or four. Michael Clayton
  • Score: 0

7:37pm Thu 31 Jan 13

audal says...

I am getting sick of all this bickering/moaning/be
en a fan since 1938 so gimme a ticket etc. will you all just take a step back and look at the big picture. OK ! now tell me what you see, is it your team for the last ***** years and telling all or a supporter wishing he had a mate who is and went to six games earlier in the season or maybe you couldn't be bothered because you thought we were rubbish. Whatever the reason we all want a seat at Wembley, I just hope that there will be 12,000 st.holders next year at VP.
I am getting sick of all this bickering/moaning/be en a fan since 1938 so gimme a ticket etc. will you all just take a step back and look at the big picture. OK ! now tell me what you see, is it your team for the last ***** years and telling all or a supporter wishing he had a mate who is and went to six games earlier in the season or maybe you couldn't be bothered because you thought we were rubbish. Whatever the reason we all want a seat at Wembley, I just hope that there will be 12,000 st.holders next year at VP. audal
  • Score: 0

8:21pm Thu 31 Jan 13

HHITYKE says...

Has anyone heard if we signed the player we were chasing before the door shut?
Has anyone heard if we signed the player we were chasing before the door shut? HHITYKE
  • Score: 0

8:26pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Birky_Neil says...

audal wrote:
I am getting sick of all this bickering/moaning/be

en a fan since 1938 so gimme a ticket etc. will you all just take a step back and look at the big picture. OK ! now tell me what you see, is it your team for the last ***** years and telling all or a supporter wishing he had a mate who is and went to six games earlier in the season or maybe you couldn't be bothered because you thought we were rubbish. Whatever the reason we all want a seat at Wembley, I just hope that there will be 12,000 st.holders next year at VP.
Grumpy old git!
[quote][p][bold]audal[/bold] wrote: I am getting sick of all this bickering/moaning/be en a fan since 1938 so gimme a ticket etc. will you all just take a step back and look at the big picture. OK ! now tell me what you see, is it your team for the last ***** years and telling all or a supporter wishing he had a mate who is and went to six games earlier in the season or maybe you couldn't be bothered because you thought we were rubbish. Whatever the reason we all want a seat at Wembley, I just hope that there will be 12,000 st.holders next year at VP.[/p][/quote]Grumpy old git! Birky_Neil
  • Score: 0

9:32pm Thu 31 Jan 13

frenchbantam says...

Michael Clayton wrote:
When I asked you why anyone should make a special case for you I was asking a perfectly open question.

As you have proved (by your "runt remark") you have spat your dummy out because you are not getting your own way. You are frustrated.

You think it is perfectly acceptable to jettison in when it suits you. Despite the fact (by your own admission) you have been largely absent for thirteen years.

Also, the fact you subscribe to Bantams Player is for your own entertainment. I would suspect that you did not buy a flexi-card as there was nothing in it for you; until now.

Lawn and Rhodes realise the value of the current fanbase. They have dragged the club through dark days since you departed the scene.

With a three-for-one deal they are rewarding the people who actually turn-up. There is also the propensity for those people to return.

What annoys me is your critisism of the adminstration and merchandising. I too have encountered problems but came to reaslise that the operation has been kept going by two men on a shoe-string budget. However, you will not realise that by virtue of your absence.

I do not see why they should be led on a guilt trip by the likes of you.

Without the three for one there would have been a clamour for tickets that would have been potentially unmanageable.

The argument that people are going to E-Bay (based on the three for one) is also a nonsense given that anyone hoping to profiteer is just as likely to do so whether it be two, three or four.
What a good and intelligent response to a ridiculous rant. I'm coming from Tahiti for the game. Do I expect a ticket? NO. Will I try and get one? YES.I lived in California and flew back for the Wolves game in 1999 just to watch it on Sky! Do I think that ST holders should be rewarded for their financial commitment? Absolutely YES. This is a great chance for ST holders to take their families and friends to a great day out, win or lose and, as you say, maybe introduce some more fans to the Mighty Bantams.
[quote][p][bold]Michael Clayton[/bold] wrote: When I asked you why anyone should make a special case for you I was asking a perfectly open question. As you have proved (by your "runt remark") you have spat your dummy out because you are not getting your own way. You are frustrated. You think it is perfectly acceptable to jettison in when it suits you. Despite the fact (by your own admission) you have been largely absent for thirteen years. Also, the fact you subscribe to Bantams Player is for your own entertainment. I would suspect that you did not buy a flexi-card as there was nothing in it for you; until now. Lawn and Rhodes realise the value of the current fanbase. They have dragged the club through dark days since you departed the scene. With a three-for-one deal they are rewarding the people who actually turn-up. There is also the propensity for those people to return. What annoys me is your critisism of the adminstration and merchandising. I too have encountered problems but came to reaslise that the operation has been kept going by two men on a shoe-string budget. However, you will not realise that by virtue of your absence. I do not see why they should be led on a guilt trip by the likes of you. Without the three for one there would have been a clamour for tickets that would have been potentially unmanageable. The argument that people are going to E-Bay (based on the three for one) is also a nonsense given that anyone hoping to profiteer is just as likely to do so whether it be two, three or four.[/p][/quote]What a good and intelligent response to a ridiculous rant. I'm coming from Tahiti for the game. Do I expect a ticket? NO. Will I try and get one? YES.I lived in California and flew back for the Wolves game in 1999 just to watch it on Sky! Do I think that ST holders should be rewarded for their financial commitment? Absolutely YES. This is a great chance for ST holders to take their families and friends to a great day out, win or lose and, as you say, maybe introduce some more fans to the Mighty Bantams. frenchbantam
  • Score: 0

9:34pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Whoisevans? says...

We can get promotion this season were not far off automatic promotion if we have a better second half to the season than we had in the first half. No cup distractions after the Final so it won't be as difficult physically. 84 points should be enough for automatic promotion and were on target so far with the games in hand to leap frog some of the teams above us.
We can get promotion this season were not far off automatic promotion if we have a better second half to the season than we had in the first half. No cup distractions after the Final so it won't be as difficult physically. 84 points should be enough for automatic promotion and were on target so far with the games in hand to leap frog some of the teams above us. Whoisevans?
  • Score: 0

10:29pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Rambo says...

HHITYKE wrote:
Has anyone heard if we signed the player we were chasing before the door shut?
Kennedy from Rochdale. Deal was on, off, on then off again about 10 minutes ago. Club not happy about it. Ritchie Jones leaving after contract paid up
[quote][p][bold]HHITYKE[/bold] wrote: Has anyone heard if we signed the player we were chasing before the door shut?[/p][/quote]Kennedy from Rochdale. Deal was on, off, on then off again about 10 minutes ago. Club not happy about it. Ritchie Jones leaving after contract paid up Rambo
  • Score: 0

10:44pm Thu 31 Jan 13

cullboy says...

Kennedy signed on Look Noth
Kennedy signed on Look Noth cullboy
  • Score: 0

10:46pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Victor Clayton says...

shoatsy wrote:
we can get promotion next year!!! this is the second cup final in our history and probably the only one in my life time lets enjoy it
I agree. Every season there are 4 promotion places up for grabs. But this season we are going to Wembley for the final of the league cup! Of course promotion would be great too. But in imo we probably won't be able to do both.
[quote][p][bold]shoatsy[/bold] wrote: we can get promotion next year!!! this is the second cup final in our history and probably the only one in my life time lets enjoy it[/p][/quote]I agree. Every season there are 4 promotion places up for grabs. But this season we are going to Wembley for the final of the league cup! Of course promotion would be great too. But in imo we probably won't be able to do both. Victor Clayton
  • Score: 0

11:09pm Thu 31 Jan 13

KnightMcCall says...

Ritchie Jones released. Not that surprised but good luck to him.
Ritchie Jones released. Not that surprised but good luck to him. KnightMcCall
  • Score: 0

11:11pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Onebrianmitchell says...

I am risking the wrath of true fans and season ticket holders here, and posters I agree with such as Prisoner Cell Block. But,

I originally thought that 3 tickets per season ticket holder was correct. I still do really. But what's shocked me is the amount of " lads" who I know who are taking the Mrs. They don't give a monkeys all year and suddenly everyone I speak to is taking Theresa , Debra and Hannah.

Get a grip guys. Leave the tickets for the lads and lasses who are true fans.

Its not a day out at the zoo FFS.
I am risking the wrath of true fans and season ticket holders here, and posters I agree with such as Prisoner Cell Block. But, I originally thought that 3 tickets per season ticket holder was correct. I still do really. But what's shocked me is the amount of " lads" who I know who are taking the Mrs. They don't give a monkeys all year and suddenly everyone I speak to is taking Theresa , Debra and Hannah. Get a grip guys. Leave the tickets for the lads and lasses who are true fans. Its not a day out at the zoo FFS. Onebrianmitchell
  • Score: 0

11:26pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Victor Clayton says...

Onebrianmitchell wrote:
I am risking the wrath of true fans and season ticket holders here, and posters I agree with such as Prisoner Cell Block. But,

I originally thought that 3 tickets per season ticket holder was correct. I still do really. But what's shocked me is the amount of " lads" who I know who are taking the Mrs. They don't give a monkeys all year and suddenly everyone I speak to is taking Theresa , Debra and Hannah.

Get a grip guys. Leave the tickets for the lads and lasses who are true fans.

Its not a day out at the zoo FFS.
Like it.
[quote][p][bold]Onebrianmitchell[/bold] wrote: I am risking the wrath of true fans and season ticket holders here, and posters I agree with such as Prisoner Cell Block. But, I originally thought that 3 tickets per season ticket holder was correct. I still do really. But what's shocked me is the amount of " lads" who I know who are taking the Mrs. They don't give a monkeys all year and suddenly everyone I speak to is taking Theresa , Debra and Hannah. Get a grip guys. Leave the tickets for the lads and lasses who are true fans. Its not a day out at the zoo FFS.[/p][/quote]Like it. Victor Clayton
  • Score: 0

11:36pm Thu 31 Jan 13

bantamchris says...

Shambles of a deadline day. Parky out!! ;-)
Shambles of a deadline day. Parky out!! ;-) bantamchris
  • Score: 0

11:59pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Village Bantam says...

Michael Clayton wrote:
When I asked you why anyone should make a special case for you I was asking a perfectly open question.

As you have proved (by your "runt remark") you have spat your dummy out because you are not getting your own way. You are frustrated.

You think it is perfectly acceptable to jettison in when it suits you. Despite the fact (by your own admission) you have been largely absent for thirteen years.

Also, the fact you subscribe to Bantams Player is for your own entertainment. I would suspect that you did not buy a flexi-card as there was nothing in it for you; until now.

Lawn and Rhodes realise the value of the current fanbase. They have dragged the club through dark days since you departed the scene.

With a three-for-one deal they are rewarding the people who actually turn-up. There is also the propensity for those people to return.

What annoys me is your critisism of the adminstration and merchandising. I too have encountered problems but came to reaslise that the operation has been kept going by two men on a shoe-string budget. However, you will not realise that by virtue of your absence.

I do not see why they should be led on a guilt trip by the likes of you.

Without the three for one there would have been a clamour for tickets that would have been potentially unmanageable.

The argument that people are going to E-Bay (based on the three for one) is also a nonsense given that anyone hoping to profiteer is just as likely to do so whether it be two, three or four.
I don't jettison in and out when it suits me, I live and work 2,000 miles away.

I may be absent but you're confusing that with truancy, like I'm flunking off school.

My subscription to Bantams Player should only be described as 'entertainment' if a Flexicard is viewed in the same light because I signed up to it in order to experience the matches, the same way you do, except I absorb it with my ears and not my eyes as you would - one sense has priority over another, is that what you're saying?

I didn't buy a flexicard, for the same reason you didn't buy a ticket for each end of the stadium - why would I? I don't have money pouring out of my ears and I've a family to take care of.

You obviously lack common sense.

How is giving ST holders 3 Wembley tickets each a reward for them?
Are they free?
Their reward is that they are able to buy 1 before anyone else and rightly so, I'm not upset that ST holders are getting first pick - you're missing the point.

Your notion that without gifting 3 tickets per person would have caused mayhem regarding ticket sales but this just further illustrates your lack of wisdom.
Firstly, over half the tickets sold on the first day, surely more have sold today - is that not a clamour?
Secondly, City are not selling the tickets in person in fact 80% of the sales have been done online - they won't be handling them either.
Also, Do you not think there will be any sort of CLAMOUR in 2 weeks time (a fortnight before the final) when 10,000 City fans will be trying to get their hands on the remaining 1,800 tickets?

I'm on a guilt trip - I feel bitterly disappointed and I can't say a word, I can't mention how badly it has been handled? Because it's upsetting you and your mood when you should be celebrating securing 40 tickets for Wembley?

You've also decided an argument, people are having regarding touting tickets is nonsense because they would do so no matter how many tickets they bought - is that a joke? Were you mimicking Jade Goody when you said that?
Obviously, the less a ST holder gets, the less likely they would be to sell them. Give them 2 and you can almost guarantee, 1 would be kept with only 1 spare, give them 3 and the same guarantee is in place, except they now have TWO spare.

Not that people are touting them anyway, I just wanted to highlight another ridiculous argument you were trying to make, just for the sake of it.

Rambo made a good point without the need to get all superior.

Take a leaf out of his book.

Rambo, btw, I read a while back that City were asked to draw up plans regarding ticket sales but if it wasn't decided by Bradford, then why ask them in the first place.
It's possible they've been nudged by the FL and I can see a reason for it, not though because of touting - as I would doubt given the stringent rules on selling Football tickets but because they'd be afraid of different fans whether Swansea or Bradford - let alone, Leeds, Chelsea Millwall etc. all being together. Hooliganism would be the main incentive behind it, if anything. This way, all the season ticket holders are likely to give them to fellow Bradfordians - City fans or not.
[quote][p][bold]Michael Clayton[/bold] wrote: When I asked you why anyone should make a special case for you I was asking a perfectly open question. As you have proved (by your "runt remark") you have spat your dummy out because you are not getting your own way. You are frustrated. You think it is perfectly acceptable to jettison in when it suits you. Despite the fact (by your own admission) you have been largely absent for thirteen years. Also, the fact you subscribe to Bantams Player is for your own entertainment. I would suspect that you did not buy a flexi-card as there was nothing in it for you; until now. Lawn and Rhodes realise the value of the current fanbase. They have dragged the club through dark days since you departed the scene. With a three-for-one deal they are rewarding the people who actually turn-up. There is also the propensity for those people to return. What annoys me is your critisism of the adminstration and merchandising. I too have encountered problems but came to reaslise that the operation has been kept going by two men on a shoe-string budget. However, you will not realise that by virtue of your absence. I do not see why they should be led on a guilt trip by the likes of you. Without the three for one there would have been a clamour for tickets that would have been potentially unmanageable. The argument that people are going to E-Bay (based on the three for one) is also a nonsense given that anyone hoping to profiteer is just as likely to do so whether it be two, three or four.[/p][/quote]I don't jettison in and out when it suits me, I live and work 2,000 miles away. I may be absent but you're confusing that with truancy, like I'm flunking off school. My subscription to Bantams Player should only be described as 'entertainment' if a Flexicard is viewed in the same light because I signed up to it in order to experience the matches, the same way you do, except I absorb it with my ears and not my eyes as you would - one sense has priority over another, is that what you're saying? I didn't buy a flexicard, for the same reason you didn't buy a ticket for each end of the stadium - why would I? I don't have money pouring out of my ears and I've a family to take care of. You obviously lack common sense. How is giving ST holders 3 Wembley tickets each a reward for them? Are they free? Their reward is that they are able to buy 1 before anyone else and rightly so, I'm not upset that ST holders are getting first pick - you're missing the point. Your notion that without gifting 3 tickets per person would have caused mayhem regarding ticket sales but this just further illustrates your lack of wisdom. Firstly, over half the tickets sold on the first day, surely more have sold today - is that not a clamour? Secondly, City are not selling the tickets in person in fact 80% of the sales have been done online - they won't be handling them either. Also, Do you not think there will be any sort of CLAMOUR in 2 weeks time (a fortnight before the final) when 10,000 City fans will be trying to get their hands on the remaining 1,800 tickets? I'm on a guilt trip - I feel bitterly disappointed and I can't say a word, I can't mention how badly it has been handled? Because it's upsetting you and your mood when you should be celebrating securing 40 tickets for Wembley? You've also decided an argument, people are having regarding touting tickets is nonsense because they would do so no matter how many tickets they bought - is that a joke? Were you mimicking Jade Goody when you said that? Obviously, the less a ST holder gets, the less likely they would be to sell them. Give them 2 and you can almost guarantee, 1 would be kept with only 1 spare, give them 3 and the same guarantee is in place, except they now have TWO spare. Not that people are touting them anyway, I just wanted to highlight another ridiculous argument you were trying to make, just for the sake of it. Rambo made a good point without the need to get all superior. Take a leaf out of his book. Rambo, btw, I read a while back that City were asked to draw up plans regarding ticket sales but if it wasn't decided by Bradford, then why ask them in the first place. It's possible they've been nudged by the FL and I can see a reason for it, not though because of touting - as I would doubt given the stringent rules on selling Football tickets but because they'd be afraid of different fans whether Swansea or Bradford - let alone, Leeds, Chelsea Millwall etc. all being together. Hooliganism would be the main incentive behind it, if anything. This way, all the season ticket holders are likely to give them to fellow Bradfordians - City fans or not. Village Bantam
  • Score: 0

11:06am Fri 1 Feb 13

audal says...

Birky neil. this grumpy old git (sic)bought one ticket because thats all i need and i will await with interest for a minimum of 12,000 st. holders next year,got mine at xmas.cheers.
Birky neil. this grumpy old git (sic)bought one ticket because thats all i need and i will await with interest for a minimum of 12,000 st. holders next year,got mine at xmas.cheers. audal
  • Score: 0

1:27pm Fri 1 Feb 13

Bantambessie says...

I agree with an earlier post... where will all these people (supporters) be on a cold Saturday afternoon.
I agree with an earlier post... where will all these people (supporters) be on a cold Saturday afternoon. Bantambessie
  • Score: 0

7:20pm Sat 2 Feb 13

Whoisevans? says...

Rambo wrote:
HHITYKE wrote:
Has anyone heard if we signed the player we were chasing before the door shut?
Kennedy from Rochdale. Deal was on, off, on then off again about 10 minutes ago. Club not happy about it. Ritchie Jones leaving after contract paid up
Seems like Rochdale were playing silly beggars with City, I don't think they are serious in letting Kennedy go to a promotion rival at a crucial time of the season.
[quote][p][bold]Rambo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]HHITYKE[/bold] wrote: Has anyone heard if we signed the player we were chasing before the door shut?[/p][/quote]Kennedy from Rochdale. Deal was on, off, on then off again about 10 minutes ago. Club not happy about it. Ritchie Jones leaving after contract paid up[/p][/quote]Seems like Rochdale were playing silly beggars with City, I don't think they are serious in letting Kennedy go to a promotion rival at a crucial time of the season. Whoisevans?
  • Score: 0

10:45pm Sat 2 Feb 13

Michael Clayton says...

Village Bantam. I have responded in order i.e. paragraph by paragraph; with further comment at the bottom.

1. Yes. You do jettison in whenever it suits you. This is evidenced by your intention to arrive at a cup final. Of course it suits you.

2. Yes. You are absent. That is a life choice. Possibly influenced by other factors that are nothing to do with me. What is apparent is that the circumstances leading to absence are of greater significance than Bradford City. Whether it is down to timing, fortune or any other reason, that is the situation you are in. I never suggested you were flunking off. Your life has moved on.

3. In terms of your subscription to the I-Player service, this is your justification (besides the purchasing of club merchandise) for stating your claim to a Wembley seat. Your circumstances dictate that you are not in a position to attend fixtures and any association with the football club is vicarious. Reliance on gadgetry is a substitute for the real thing. It does not put you on a par with attendees.

4. We agree that the purchasing of a flexi-card would have saved you from this. The point I was making is that you chose instant gratification (i.e. I-Player, replica shirt etc) over an investment - a realistic tilt at Wembley - more likely through the play-offs. You then bleat on about having a family to support. Including an emotional argument tells me that you have no justification.

5. As we knowm, three tickets (per season ticket holder or flexi-card holder) allows those the prilvilege of inviting two additional perons to attend the final.

"How is giving ST holders 3 Wembley tickets each a reward for them?"
Answer. Because it allows the ST holders the right to choose who they want to go along to the final with them. It is about empowering the faithful and allowing them to enjoy their day to the maximum effect. They (the ST holders) deserve it.
Did I suggest they were free?

6. As a person who does not live in the UK, you will have been blissfully ignorant of the near chaotic scenes that ensued during the build-up to the Villa game. Fewer tickets will mean less of a scrum. The remaining allocation becomes scaleable.

7. Mood? No. Forty tickets? No.

8. "Can't say a word". As far as I am concerned, you can say exactly what you want. Whether anyone can disagree with you is debatable.

9. "You've also decided an argument, people are having regarding touting tickets is nonsense because they would do so no matter how many tickets they bought - is that a joke? Were you mimicking Jade Goody when you said that?
Obviously, the less a ST holder gets, the less likely they would be to sell them. Give them 2 and you can almost guarantee, 1 would be kept with only 1 spare, give them 3 and the same guarantee is in place, except they now have TWO spare."
A lack of punctuation and reference to a late television personality leave me unable to ascertain what you are referring to. What I was trying to articulate is that the decision to allocate three tickets (per ST holder) does not signal the go-ahead for people to push tickets on to the black market. That is scare-mongering.

Village Bantam. In summary, I think that you are dilusional and that you have got and inflated sense of self-worth. You see your role as the return of the prodigal son. In reality, remind me of the absent father who is returning for the wedding of his son/daughter and expecting to be welcomed with open-arms.

The tasteless agression ("runt" reference) tells me that you are a person who is unable to accept the reality of his situation. I suspect that you have been telling all and sundry that you are going to Wembley?

If you had any humility, you would accept that life choices took you away from Valley Parade and you should take your place at the back of the queue.
Village Bantam. I have responded in order i.e. paragraph by paragraph; with further comment at the bottom. 1. Yes. You do jettison in whenever it suits you. This is evidenced by your intention to arrive at a cup final. Of course it suits you. 2. Yes. You are absent. That is a life choice. Possibly influenced by other factors that are nothing to do with me. What is apparent is that the circumstances leading to absence are of greater significance than Bradford City. Whether it is down to timing, fortune or any other reason, that is the situation you are in. I never suggested you were flunking off. Your life has moved on. 3. In terms of your subscription to the I-Player service, this is your justification (besides the purchasing of club merchandise) for stating your claim to a Wembley seat. Your circumstances dictate that you are not in a position to attend fixtures and any association with the football club is vicarious. Reliance on gadgetry is a substitute for the real thing. It does not put you on a par with attendees. 4. We agree that the purchasing of a flexi-card would have saved you from this. The point I was making is that you chose instant gratification (i.e. I-Player, replica shirt etc) over an investment - a realistic tilt at Wembley - more likely through the play-offs. You then bleat on about having a family to support. Including an emotional argument tells me that you have no justification. 5. As we knowm, three tickets (per season ticket holder or flexi-card holder) allows those the prilvilege of inviting two additional perons to attend the final. "How is giving ST holders 3 Wembley tickets each a reward for them?" Answer. Because it allows the ST holders the right to choose who they want to go along to the final with them. It is about empowering the faithful and allowing them to enjoy their day to the maximum effect. They (the ST holders) deserve it. Did I suggest they were free? 6. As a person who does not live in the UK, you will have been blissfully ignorant of the near chaotic scenes that ensued during the build-up to the Villa game. Fewer tickets will mean less of a scrum. The remaining allocation becomes scaleable. 7. Mood? No. Forty tickets? No. 8. "Can't say a word". As far as I am concerned, you can say exactly what you want. Whether anyone can disagree with you is debatable. 9. "You've also decided an argument, people are having regarding touting tickets is nonsense because they would do so no matter how many tickets they bought - is that a joke? Were you mimicking Jade Goody when you said that? Obviously, the less a ST holder gets, the less likely they would be to sell them. Give them 2 and you can almost guarantee, 1 would be kept with only 1 spare, give them 3 and the same guarantee is in place, except they now have TWO spare." A lack of punctuation and reference to a late television personality leave me unable to ascertain what you are referring to. What I was trying to articulate is that the decision to allocate three tickets (per ST holder) does not signal the go-ahead for people to push tickets on to the black market. That is scare-mongering. Village Bantam. In summary, I think that you are dilusional and that you have got and inflated sense of self-worth. You see your role as the return of the prodigal son. In reality, remind me of the absent father who is returning for the wedding of his son/daughter and expecting to be welcomed with open-arms. The tasteless agression ("runt" reference) tells me that you are a person who is unable to accept the reality of his situation. I suspect that you have been telling all and sundry that you are going to Wembley? If you had any humility, you would accept that life choices took you away from Valley Parade and you should take your place at the back of the queue. Michael Clayton
  • Score: 0

9:16pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Michael Clayton says...

frenchbantam wrote:
Michael Clayton wrote: When I asked you why anyone should make a special case for you I was asking a perfectly open question. As you have proved (by your "runt remark") you have spat your dummy out because you are not getting your own way. You are frustrated. You think it is perfectly acceptable to jettison in when it suits you. Despite the fact (by your own admission) you have been largely absent for thirteen years. Also, the fact you subscribe to Bantams Player is for your own entertainment. I would suspect that you did not buy a flexi-card as there was nothing in it for you; until now. Lawn and Rhodes realise the value of the current fanbase. They have dragged the club through dark days since you departed the scene. With a three-for-one deal they are rewarding the people who actually turn-up. There is also the propensity for those people to return. What annoys me is your critisism of the adminstration and merchandising. I too have encountered problems but came to reaslise that the operation has been kept going by two men on a shoe-string budget. However, you will not realise that by virtue of your absence. I do not see why they should be led on a guilt trip by the likes of you. Without the three for one there would have been a clamour for tickets that would have been potentially unmanageable. The argument that people are going to E-Bay (based on the three for one) is also a nonsense given that anyone hoping to profiteer is just as likely to do so whether it be two, three or four.
What a good and intelligent response to a ridiculous rant. I'm coming from Tahiti for the game. Do I expect a ticket? NO. Will I try and get one? YES.I lived in California and flew back for the Wolves game in 1999 just to watch it on Sky! Do I think that ST holders should be rewarded for their financial commitment? Absolutely YES. This is a great chance for ST holders to take their families and friends to a great day out, win or lose and, as you say, maybe introduce some more fans to the Mighty Bantams.
I sincerely hope that you are successful in getting a ticket. I am only guessing here, but I suspect that you have embraced the culture of your new surroundings; unlike the other correspondent who is probably living on the set of "Eldorado".
[quote][p][bold]frenchbantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Michael Clayton[/bold] wrote: When I asked you why anyone should make a special case for you I was asking a perfectly open question. As you have proved (by your "runt remark") you have spat your dummy out because you are not getting your own way. You are frustrated. You think it is perfectly acceptable to jettison in when it suits you. Despite the fact (by your own admission) you have been largely absent for thirteen years. Also, the fact you subscribe to Bantams Player is for your own entertainment. I would suspect that you did not buy a flexi-card as there was nothing in it for you; until now. Lawn and Rhodes realise the value of the current fanbase. They have dragged the club through dark days since you departed the scene. With a three-for-one deal they are rewarding the people who actually turn-up. There is also the propensity for those people to return. What annoys me is your critisism of the adminstration and merchandising. I too have encountered problems but came to reaslise that the operation has been kept going by two men on a shoe-string budget. However, you will not realise that by virtue of your absence. I do not see why they should be led on a guilt trip by the likes of you. Without the three for one there would have been a clamour for tickets that would have been potentially unmanageable. The argument that people are going to E-Bay (based on the three for one) is also a nonsense given that anyone hoping to profiteer is just as likely to do so whether it be two, three or four.[/p][/quote]What a good and intelligent response to a ridiculous rant. I'm coming from Tahiti for the game. Do I expect a ticket? NO. Will I try and get one? YES.I lived in California and flew back for the Wolves game in 1999 just to watch it on Sky! Do I think that ST holders should be rewarded for their financial commitment? Absolutely YES. This is a great chance for ST holders to take their families and friends to a great day out, win or lose and, as you say, maybe introduce some more fans to the Mighty Bantams.[/p][/quote]I sincerely hope that you are successful in getting a ticket. I am only guessing here, but I suspect that you have embraced the culture of your new surroundings; unlike the other correspondent who is probably living on the [now defunct] set of "Eldorado". Michael Clayton
  • Score: 0

11:00am Tue 5 Feb 13

Whoisevans? says...

Personally I don't care who goes to Wembley, every season ticket holder has no excuse for not being there if they really want. I went to the 96 play off final it was absolutely fantastic a day everyone should relish win or the unthinkable. I won't be there because of ill health but made sure that a City fan can go in my place. I don't begrudge anyone who's not a fan as they have paid their money which helps this fantastic football club achieve great things.3 wins in a row can see us right in the promotion mix Come on City!!!
Personally I don't care who goes to Wembley, every season ticket holder has no excuse for not being there if they really want. I went to the 96 play off final it was absolutely fantastic a day everyone should relish win or the unthinkable. I won't be there because of ill health but made sure that a City fan can go in my place. I don't begrudge anyone who's not a fan as they have paid their money which helps this fantastic football club achieve great things.3 wins in a row can see us right in the promotion mix Come on City!!! Whoisevans?
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree