QUEENSBURY pulled off a tremendous shock victory in Division Two Central of the Pennine League by beating leaders Eastmoor Dragons 26-6 at home.

The previously unbeaten Dragons had only conceded 30 points in their three prior outings but Bury blew them away in the first ten minutes thanks to a superb three-try blitz.

They hit the front as early as the first minute when the ball was moved out to the left and winger Stuart Rubery found himself in the clear on the overlap. Rubery showed a quick turn of pace before the ball switched back inside where Sam Smith was lurking to touchdown.

Half-back Robson Moore converted and things soon got better thanks to an excellent break by winger Daniel Vesely, which allowed Moore to exploit their field position and side-step his way over for a self converted try.

A flurry of penalties then pegged Queensbury back on their own line but some big defence led by John Farr kept the Dragons at bay.

As the rain poured down, it got worse for Dragons, who were playing up the slope, when scrum half Alex Ward attempted a chip kick, only for it to ricochet into the path of lively Bury full back Myles Harrop, who fly-kicked it on before scooping it up to outpace the defence. Moore added the extras and Bury were in dreamland at 18-0.

Minutes before the break sustained Bury pressure was finished off when Callum Murgatroyd crashed over to score, Moore adding the extras.

Dragons came out fired up in the second half, knowing they had the advantage of the slope. After several attacking sets Bury's defence was broken though when Dragons hooker Mark Matthews turned and spun out of a tackle and dived over next to the posts. Ward stepped up to convert to make it 24-6.

Eastmoor had their tails up but excellent collective Bury tackling prevented any further breaches. On 19 minutes Matthews looked to have grabbed his second try but was judged to have been held up, the incident prompting a coming together by a number of players.

It was no surprise however when just five minutes later things erupted again, this time with all players embroiled in the melee.

A number of penalties followed to both sides with Moore adding a further goal to edge Bury out further. The home side had to endure the last few minutes with 12 players after Farr was dismissed for the second consecutive week but nothing stopped Bury running out worthy winners.