THACKLEY were re-instated in the Buildbase FA Vase following a breach of the rules by their last opponents Padiham, but they could not make the most of their 11th-hour reprieve as they lost to Steve Harmison’s Ashington after extra-time at Dennyfield.

Chris Reape’s side’s first qualifying round tie against Padiham was washed out on the original date but they travelled to the Lancashire outfit on Tuesday, September 12 and suffered a 5-0 defeat.

The Dennyboys were preparing for a league game at Bridlington Town yesterday but got official confirmation on Friday that they were back in the competition and were hosting Northern League opposition.

Hasty changes to the schedule were made and it looked good for the Dennyboys as they had a slender lead at the interval.

Joe Hughes broke the deadlock on the stroke of half-time but a 65th- minute goal from Ashington’s Dale Pearson sent the second qualifying round into extra-time.

The visitors edged in front through Callum Johnstone early in the first period of extra-time but Jerome White levelled the tie before half-time of extra-time.

Johnstone won it as he bagged his brace in the 106th minute.

Silsden are also out as their 100 percent start to the season was ended at West Auckland Town.

After nine straight victories - eight in the league and one in the first qualifying round of the Vase - Danny Forrest’s men went down 3-0.

It was the first time this term they had failed to score, and they played more than half of the game with ten men after Mark Trueman picked up a straight red card three minutes before the break.

West Auckland had taken the lead a minute before Trueman’s dismissal for raising his hands to an opponent, Adam Mitchell breaking the deadlock with a superb free-kick.

Amor Purewal headed the home side into a two-goal lead and, as the Cobbydalers pushed late on, Auckland substitute Ben Wood netted on the counter-attack in the 88th minute.

Liversedge will also be in tomorrow's Vase draw after a win at Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division counterparts Hemsworth Miners' Welfare, also after extra-time.

Sedge won 3-2 after taking the lead twice.

Joe Walton broke the deadlock but Lloyd Henderson equalised before half-time.

The second half was goalless but Tom Brook put Sedge in front ten minutes into the first period of extra-time, and Regan Fish all but sealed it before Hemsworth’s Richard Collier pegged one back to make it a tense finish.