SILSDEN were big winners against Cheadle Town as they consolidated their place at the summit of Division One in the Hallmark Security League with a 5-2 victory at the Cobbydale Construction Stadium.

It was a ninth consecutive win for Danny Forrest’s men as they continued their 100 per cent start to the season, but they had to battle for their eighth league win as the visitors twice took an early lead.

Cheadle stunned the Cobbydalers with a second-minute opener and, although Joe Gaughan levelled a minute later, the Chesire outfit led again when Liam Delaney stroked in an 11th-minute penalty.

Silsden were on terms at the break after Niall Sultan’s 30th-minute equaliser, but the Cobbydalers did not edge in front through Gaughan until ten minutes from time.

They put the gloss in the win with two stoppage-time goals as Gaughan claimed his hat-trick before Nicky McNally wrapped up the scoring.

Eccleshill United also hit five as they won 5-1 at Toolstation Northern Counties East League Division One newcomers East Yorkshire Carnegie.

The Eagles had the points in the bag inside the first 20 minutes as they raced into a 3-0 lead, with Scott Manning, Charlie Flaherty and Jonny Irving, from a penalty after Andy Cooper had been fouled, getting the goals.

The home side had winger Callum Harrison sent off for dissent midway through the first half, but they were gifted a lifeline when Jermaine Springer turned the ball into his own net two minutes into the second half from a back pass that went horribly wrong.

Ben Hardy soon restored the Eagles’ three-goal cushion, and Cooper added the fifth from the penalty spot after Irving had been brought down.

The victory lifted Eccleshill from ninth to sixth, while Campion stayed third after a 1-1 home draw against Glasshoughton Welfare.

Danny Stocker gave the home side the lead with a late first-half strike but Conor Glavin equalised soon after the hour.

There was no home comfort for Thackley in the Premier Division as they suffered a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Bridlington Town.

The Dennyboys had a two-goal lead at the break after Sam Cable bagged a first-half brace.

Brid got a foothold when Joel Sutton halved the deficit in the 63rd minute, and late goals from Brett Agnew and Jake Day helped the visitors claim a hard-earned win.