Tailenders Shane Franklin and Anthony Gilks clinched an Aire-Wharfe League victory for Rawdon over Bilton with just four balls to spare.

Newly-promoted Rawdon have been involved in a number of tight matches this season but in recent weeks they have started to win most of them and are beginning to look more comfortable in Division One.

The successful pursuit of Bilton’s 200-8 was masterminded by opener Conor McInerney, who was seventh man out, just one short of his century.

Guiseley also had some anxious moments before clinching a two-wicket win over second-placed Kirkstall.

Chasing the home side’s 180, Guiseley slumped to 13-4 but Brian Jackson’s impressive form continued with a fine 73, and he found good support from Nadim Hussain (31) – the pair had also shared six of the Kirkstall wickets – and Harry Nicholson (32no).

Kirkstall’s defeat allowed Otley to extend their lead at the top to 20 points after they beat Ben Rhydding, although this too wasn’t a victory without a few nervy moments.

An undefeated 75 from skipper James Davies helped Otley to 160-9 and it looked like a stroll in the park when the home side lost their first six wickets for 28 runs.

But Sam Housam (40) and Robbie Miller (42) battled to a seventh-wicket stand of 75, and only when they were parted were Otley able to clinch the win, James Wilcock finishing with 5-34.

Burley were the latest side to overcome defending champions Beckwithshaw, who sank into the bottom two.

Nick Brook (50) and Charlie Davy (35) laid the foundation of Burley’s innings before Ed Brown took over and steered them to 214-9. Brook (3-14) and Jason Wright (4-41) skittled the home side out for 111.

Andrew Wheeler (5-35) and Ian Chaplin (42) were the stars of Ilkley’s 24-run win over bottom club Collingham but Steeton stuttered against Pool, despite the efforts of Josh Gill, who picked up five wickets, and James Emmott, who hit an unbeaten 46.

 Harden climbed out of the Division Two bottom two after ninth pair Matthew Topham and Phil Leng saw them past Colton’s 131 with an unbeaten stand of 33.

Andy Lee (50) and Jack Wood (80) put on 125 to help Green Lane to maximum batting points, and Chris Spivey (5-61) rounded off a good afternoon by dismissing Thackley for 110.

Evergreen Mick Scott took 5-44 as Skipton were bowled out for 123, and Ajantha Weerapulli (68no) eased Tong Park Esholt to victory.

Bolton Villas looked as though they might be about to pull off a shock win when they had leaders Follifoot at 17-3 in reply to their own 135 but a fourth-wicket century stand between Jim Pickles (41no) and Alex Fox (61) turned things around for the home side.

In the Division Three top-of-the-table clash, Gulsheraz Ahmed (5-43) helped restrict Horsforth to 155 but Mark McEneaney, who had top-scored with 47, then took 4-31, and with Mahir Ali (3-19) and Larry Edward (3-21) skittled out Silsden for 90.

Scott Driscoll (60) helped Calverley scrape past Alwoodley with a wicket to spare, while Addingham notched their first win, overcoming Bardsey thanks to an unbeaten half-century from Will Atkins and tight bowling from Henry Barrow (3-40) and Steve Kuhl (4-4).

Bevan Williams won’t need to buy drinks all week at Hall Park after his 102 and 4-9 brought about victory over Woodhouse. Jonathan Postle also weighed in with 4-48.

Syed Hashmi took four wickets as New Rover were bowled out for 222 but Olicanian’s batting couldn’t match it and they fell 66 runs short, while Menston will be glad to forget the afternoon Illingworth routed them for just 37, only Andrew Morgan reaching double figures.