Bradford Bulls: Tigers mauling just a ‘one-off’, says Jamie Foster

Jamie Foster says the final pre-season friendly was a kick up the backside for Francis Cummins' men

Jamie Foster says the final pre-season friendly was a kick up the backside for Francis Cummins' men

First published in Sport
Last updated
Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , Bradford Bulls Reporter

Jamie Foster has no doubts the Bulls will be vastly improved when they face Castleford again in next weekend’s Super League opener.

Francis Cummins’ side were stuffed 66-10 by the Tigers in their third and final pre-season outing last Sunday.

Although the scores were level at 10-10 midway through the first half, Castleford then ran in 56 unanswered points in a remarkable victory.

Daryl Powell’s men face a swift return to the Provident Stadium in round one of the new season.

Bulls winger Foster said: “Sometimes you have one or two players having an off-day but when you have 18, you’re going to struggle.

“Castleford played very well, take nothing away from them, but we were very poor and I believe it was a one-off.

“Our first pre-season friendly against Hull was nothing like that and neither will our opening Super League game against Castleford. I think if anything it was a kick up the backside that we needed and we’ll just focus on things in training to where we need to improve.

“We’ll be stronger a week on Sunday, not just because of the personnel we should have back but also because of what’s at stake.

“I came off the pitch absolutely shattered and thinking ‘what on earth has gone on there?’ We don’t train like that and our training is a lot more intense.

“I’m not sure why we played like that but I’m sure that next time we’ll be a completely different outfit. We lost by 56 points on Sunday but if we win by a point next week then nothing gets said.”

Castleford were closer to full-strength than Bradford last weekend, with Garreth Carvell, Jarrod Sammut, Brett Kearney Luke George, Lee Gaskell and Matty Blythe all missing.

It remains to be seen how many of those absentees will be available next week, with Carvell in dispute over his contract with the Bulls and several other players nursing injuries.

Meanwhile, the Bulls will discover next week if they are to face a points penalty after OK Bulls Ltd entered administration last Friday.

Although Bradford have said they will work with creditors to avoid that sanction, Wakefield are believed to be among a number of Super League clubs putting pressure on the RFL to dock Bradford points.

Talks took place between the Bulls’ directors and the RFL yesterday over the club’s change of ownership and administration.

The RFL’s chief operating officer Ralph Rimmer and director of licensing and standards Blake Solly will present a report of their findings to the governing body’s board of directors.

A final decision of what sanctions the Bulls should face will then be made by the board and announced next week – but a points deduction of some sort appears increasingly likely.

Comments (32)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:08am Sat 8 Feb 14

king karl says...

Looking like a one way ticket to relagation next season
Looking like a one way ticket to relagation next season king karl
  • Score: -16

9:21am Sat 8 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most.
Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -11

9:28am Sat 8 Feb 14

king karl says...

Lets be honest...its only for his kicking hes in sl

I doubt he'll score more than 10 tries this season
Lets be honest...its only for his kicking hes in sl I doubt he'll score more than 10 tries this season king karl
  • Score: -10

9:36am Sat 8 Feb 14

spanglishbull.uk says...

All you numpties who slate anybody who has the guts to play Rugby League have obviously never been on a playing field of any description
All you numpties who slate anybody who has the guts to play Rugby League have obviously never been on a playing field of any description spanglishbull.uk
  • Score: 22

9:44am Sat 8 Feb 14

Sheffieldbull says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most.
Wow, thanks for that insight. The couple of thousand interviews you conducted on those that attended the game proved really useful for your informative post. You didn’t poll me but I can confirm that Fosters performance was indeed very poor. So yet again you are absolutely correct! Your immense superiority complex can stand and take a bow.
Ps. what does Jamie think he’s doing upstaging you by going on record first and confirming what we all knew?
Pps Can you tell us what LAST week’s winning Lotto numbers will be? Ta.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most.[/p][/quote]Wow, thanks for that insight. The couple of thousand interviews you conducted on those that attended the game proved really useful for your informative post. You didn’t poll me but I can confirm that Fosters performance was indeed very poor. So yet again you are absolutely correct! Your immense superiority complex can stand and take a bow. Ps. what does Jamie think he’s doing upstaging you by going on record first and confirming what we all knew? Pps Can you tell us what LAST week’s winning Lotto numbers will be? Ta. Sheffieldbull
  • Score: 13

9:52am Sat 8 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Sheffieldbull wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most.
Wow, thanks for that insight. The couple of thousand interviews you conducted on those that attended the game proved really useful for your informative post. You didn’t poll me but I can confirm that Fosters performance was indeed very poor. So yet again you are absolutely correct! Your immense superiority complex can stand and take a bow.
Ps. what does Jamie think he’s doing upstaging you by going on record first and confirming what we all knew?
Pps Can you tell us what LAST week’s winning Lotto numbers will be? Ta.
I have to point out the obvious because many don't see it. You being one of them. The number of times you slagged me off for telling you the Bulls were smashing into an iceberg but no you knew best all was well on the Bulls Titanic with Captain Omar.
[quote][p][bold]Sheffieldbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most.[/p][/quote]Wow, thanks for that insight. The couple of thousand interviews you conducted on those that attended the game proved really useful for your informative post. You didn’t poll me but I can confirm that Fosters performance was indeed very poor. So yet again you are absolutely correct! Your immense superiority complex can stand and take a bow. Ps. what does Jamie think he’s doing upstaging you by going on record first and confirming what we all knew? Pps Can you tell us what LAST week’s winning Lotto numbers will be? Ta.[/p][/quote]I have to point out the obvious because many don't see it. You being one of them. The number of times you slagged me off for telling you the Bulls were smashing into an iceberg but no you knew best all was well on the Bulls Titanic with Captain Omar. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -10

9:53am Sat 8 Feb 14

Lythambull says...

He's a winger, I'd go so far as to say that if he doesn't get more than ten tries it'll be because he isn't getting sufficient service out wide. Pointless laying blame at one players door. Everyone was poor last week. I remember the home match with Wigan where Sammut kicked out on the full from THREE kick offs, but no one likes to talk about what a defensive liability he is because he's a bit more of a dynamic runner. I'll be very interested to see his tries:errors ratio at the end if the year...
The fact is that a group of lads in any level of rugby team work hard to engender a spirit of team work and DO NOT single each other out for blame. Hence all the back slapping/support that goes on when someone makes an error.
Foster is out there, wearing the badge doing his best for the Bulls, not trying to get a move to Hull. I don't begrudge GC his move if it comes off but I'd take one Foster over ten Carvells based on desire to play for the bulls.
He's a winger, I'd go so far as to say that if he doesn't get more than ten tries it'll be because he isn't getting sufficient service out wide. Pointless laying blame at one players door. Everyone was poor last week. I remember the home match with Wigan where Sammut kicked out on the full from THREE kick offs, but no one likes to talk about what a defensive liability he is because he's a bit more of a dynamic runner. I'll be very interested to see his tries:errors ratio at the end if the year... The fact is that a group of lads in any level of rugby team work hard to engender a spirit of team work and DO NOT single each other out for blame. Hence all the back slapping/support that goes on when someone makes an error. Foster is out there, wearing the badge doing his best for the Bulls, not trying to get a move to Hull. I don't begrudge GC his move if it comes off but I'd take one Foster over ten Carvells based on desire to play for the bulls. Lythambull
  • Score: 20

10:10am Sat 8 Feb 14

Sheffieldbull says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Sheffieldbull wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most.
Wow, thanks for that insight. The couple of thousand interviews you conducted on those that attended the game proved really useful for your informative post. You didn’t poll me but I can confirm that Fosters performance was indeed very poor. So yet again you are absolutely correct! Your immense superiority complex can stand and take a bow.
Ps. what does Jamie think he’s doing upstaging you by going on record first and confirming what we all knew?
Pps Can you tell us what LAST week’s winning Lotto numbers will be? Ta.
I have to point out the obvious because many don't see it. You being one of them. The number of times you slagged me off for telling you the Bulls were smashing into an iceberg but no you knew best all was well on the Bulls Titanic with Captain Omar.
What rubbish! If you believe that you really are deluded. You knew nothing that wasn’t in the public domain so kindly stop blowing sunshine up your own jacksy. Hindsight always boasts 20/20 vision.
You are genuinely under the impression that if people had listened to your gospels then things would have been different...get a grip man!
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sheffieldbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most.[/p][/quote]Wow, thanks for that insight. The couple of thousand interviews you conducted on those that attended the game proved really useful for your informative post. You didn’t poll me but I can confirm that Fosters performance was indeed very poor. So yet again you are absolutely correct! Your immense superiority complex can stand and take a bow. Ps. what does Jamie think he’s doing upstaging you by going on record first and confirming what we all knew? Pps Can you tell us what LAST week’s winning Lotto numbers will be? Ta.[/p][/quote]I have to point out the obvious because many don't see it. You being one of them. The number of times you slagged me off for telling you the Bulls were smashing into an iceberg but no you knew best all was well on the Bulls Titanic with Captain Omar.[/p][/quote]What rubbish! If you believe that you really are deluded. You knew nothing that wasn’t in the public domain so kindly stop blowing sunshine up your own jacksy. Hindsight always boasts 20/20 vision. You are genuinely under the impression that if people had listened to your gospels then things would have been different...get a grip man! Sheffieldbull
  • Score: 6

10:38am Sat 8 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Sheffieldbull wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Sheffieldbull wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most.
Wow, thanks for that insight. The couple of thousand interviews you conducted on those that attended the game proved really useful for your informative post. You didn’t poll me but I can confirm that Fosters performance was indeed very poor. So yet again you are absolutely correct! Your immense superiority complex can stand and take a bow.
Ps. what does Jamie think he’s doing upstaging you by going on record first and confirming what we all knew?
Pps Can you tell us what LAST week’s winning Lotto numbers will be? Ta.
I have to point out the obvious because many don't see it. You being one of them. The number of times you slagged me off for telling you the Bulls were smashing into an iceberg but no you knew best all was well on the Bulls Titanic with Captain Omar.
What rubbish! If you believe that you really are deluded. You knew nothing that wasn’t in the public domain so kindly stop blowing sunshine up your own jacksy. Hindsight always boasts 20/20 vision.
You are genuinely under the impression that if people had listened to your gospels then things would have been different...get a grip man!
Who needed hindsight. I can point you to the story where I revealed the large debts run up where you and viking etc all announced it as rubbish.

http://www.thetelegr
aphandargus.co.uk/ne
ws/10846218.Bradford
_Bulls_deny_administ
ration_claims/

How can it be hindsight when its well before the news broke?
[quote][p][bold]Sheffieldbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sheffieldbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most.[/p][/quote]Wow, thanks for that insight. The couple of thousand interviews you conducted on those that attended the game proved really useful for your informative post. You didn’t poll me but I can confirm that Fosters performance was indeed very poor. So yet again you are absolutely correct! Your immense superiority complex can stand and take a bow. Ps. what does Jamie think he’s doing upstaging you by going on record first and confirming what we all knew? Pps Can you tell us what LAST week’s winning Lotto numbers will be? Ta.[/p][/quote]I have to point out the obvious because many don't see it. You being one of them. The number of times you slagged me off for telling you the Bulls were smashing into an iceberg but no you knew best all was well on the Bulls Titanic with Captain Omar.[/p][/quote]What rubbish! If you believe that you really are deluded. You knew nothing that wasn’t in the public domain so kindly stop blowing sunshine up your own jacksy. Hindsight always boasts 20/20 vision. You are genuinely under the impression that if people had listened to your gospels then things would have been different...get a grip man![/p][/quote]Who needed hindsight. I can point you to the story where I revealed the large debts run up where you and viking etc all announced it as rubbish. http://www.thetelegr aphandargus.co.uk/ne ws/10846218.Bradford _Bulls_deny_administ ration_claims/ How can it be hindsight when its well before the news broke? Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -14

10:46am Sat 8 Feb 14

raisemeup says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Sheffieldbull wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Sheffieldbull wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most.
Wow, thanks for that insight. The couple of thousand interviews you conducted on those that attended the game proved really useful for your informative post. You didn’t poll me but I can confirm that Fosters performance was indeed very poor. So yet again you are absolutely correct! Your immense superiority complex can stand and take a bow.
Ps. what does Jamie think he’s doing upstaging you by going on record first and confirming what we all knew?
Pps Can you tell us what LAST week’s winning Lotto numbers will be? Ta.
I have to point out the obvious because many don't see it. You being one of them. The number of times you slagged me off for telling you the Bulls were smashing into an iceberg but no you knew best all was well on the Bulls Titanic with Captain Omar.
What rubbish! If you believe that you really are deluded. You knew nothing that wasn’t in the public domain so kindly stop blowing sunshine up your own jacksy. Hindsight always boasts 20/20 vision.
You are genuinely under the impression that if people had listened to your gospels then things would have been different...get a grip man!
Who needed hindsight. I can point you to the story where I revealed the large debts run up where you and viking etc all announced it as rubbish.

http://www.thetelegr

aphandargus.co.uk/ne

ws/10846218.Bradford

_Bulls_deny_administ

ration_claims/

How can it be hindsight when its well before the news broke?
When will this love affair TVOR has with himself end in a divorce??
On the 14th February he will bring the Valentines card out that he sent himself last year, with the immortal words; "See I'm still right, I still love me!"
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sheffieldbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sheffieldbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Foster is the player most at the game were slagging off the most.[/p][/quote]Wow, thanks for that insight. The couple of thousand interviews you conducted on those that attended the game proved really useful for your informative post. You didn’t poll me but I can confirm that Fosters performance was indeed very poor. So yet again you are absolutely correct! Your immense superiority complex can stand and take a bow. Ps. what does Jamie think he’s doing upstaging you by going on record first and confirming what we all knew? Pps Can you tell us what LAST week’s winning Lotto numbers will be? Ta.[/p][/quote]I have to point out the obvious because many don't see it. You being one of them. The number of times you slagged me off for telling you the Bulls were smashing into an iceberg but no you knew best all was well on the Bulls Titanic with Captain Omar.[/p][/quote]What rubbish! If you believe that you really are deluded. You knew nothing that wasn’t in the public domain so kindly stop blowing sunshine up your own jacksy. Hindsight always boasts 20/20 vision. You are genuinely under the impression that if people had listened to your gospels then things would have been different...get a grip man![/p][/quote]Who needed hindsight. I can point you to the story where I revealed the large debts run up where you and viking etc all announced it as rubbish. http://www.thetelegr aphandargus.co.uk/ne ws/10846218.Bradford _Bulls_deny_administ ration_claims/ How can it be hindsight when its well before the news broke?[/p][/quote]When will this love affair TVOR has with himself end in a divorce?? On the 14th February he will bring the Valentines card out that he sent himself last year, with the immortal words; "See I'm still right, I still love me!" raisemeup
  • Score: 11

10:57am Sat 8 Feb 14

raisemeup says...

On a serious note isn't it indictitive that the Promotion and Relegation at the end of season 2014. Has already started with clubs calling for points to be deducted even before they know the outcome, or the reasons behind this situation?
Wakefield not only had a good deal from the RFL and have enjoyed the extra £50k they had from central funding, courtesy of the Bulls. If the story is to be believed they have played the judge jury and excutioner to the Bulls dilemma.

However watch your step lads, I understand that the Wildcat is an endangered species?
On a serious note isn't it indictitive that the Promotion and Relegation at the end of season 2014. Has already started with clubs calling for points to be deducted even before they know the outcome, or the reasons behind this situation? Wakefield not only had a good deal from the RFL and have enjoyed the extra £50k they had from central funding, courtesy of the Bulls. If the story is to be believed they have played the judge jury and excutioner to the Bulls dilemma. However watch your step lads, I understand that the Wildcat is an endangered species? raisemeup
  • Score: 14

11:17am Sat 8 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

raisemeup wrote:
On a serious note isn't it indictitive that the Promotion and Relegation at the end of season 2014. Has already started with clubs calling for points to be deducted even before they know the outcome, or the reasons behind this situation?
Wakefield not only had a good deal from the RFL and have enjoyed the extra £50k they had from central funding, courtesy of the Bulls. If the story is to be believed they have played the judge jury and excutioner to the Bulls dilemma.

However watch your step lads, I understand that the Wildcat is an endangered species?
As BradfordBronco said yesterday, Rules and Rules and entering Administration is against those rules.
The open letter from the Wildcat supporters trust to the RFL makes some very good points and asks questions that need answering.
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: On a serious note isn't it indictitive that the Promotion and Relegation at the end of season 2014. Has already started with clubs calling for points to be deducted even before they know the outcome, or the reasons behind this situation? Wakefield not only had a good deal from the RFL and have enjoyed the extra £50k they had from central funding, courtesy of the Bulls. If the story is to be believed they have played the judge jury and excutioner to the Bulls dilemma. However watch your step lads, I understand that the Wildcat is an endangered species?[/p][/quote]As BradfordBronco said yesterday, Rules and Rules and entering Administration is against those rules. The open letter from the Wildcat supporters trust to the RFL makes some very good points and asks questions that need answering. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -11

11:36am Sat 8 Feb 14

bradfordbronco says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
On a serious note isn't it indictitive that the Promotion and Relegation at the end of season 2014. Has already started with clubs calling for points to be deducted even before they know the outcome, or the reasons behind this situation?
Wakefield not only had a good deal from the RFL and have enjoyed the extra £50k they had from central funding, courtesy of the Bulls. If the story is to be believed they have played the judge jury and excutioner to the Bulls dilemma.

However watch your step lads, I understand that the Wildcat is an endangered species?
As BradfordBronco said yesterday, Rules and Rules and entering Administration is against those rules.
The open letter from the Wildcat supporters trust to the RFL makes some very good points and asks questions that need answering.
I didn't say that yesterday!!!As far as i can make out the RFL make their own rules up as they go along. They will deduct points if the bulls don't pay their creditors back.(Other than Omar Khan) We've prob lost 2 points when they said our extra game was against Huddersfield!!

Think the RFL realised what the unique circumstances surrounding the latest administration were anyway. It wasn't the new boards fault and its time we all moved on for the sake of the game.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: On a serious note isn't it indictitive that the Promotion and Relegation at the end of season 2014. Has already started with clubs calling for points to be deducted even before they know the outcome, or the reasons behind this situation? Wakefield not only had a good deal from the RFL and have enjoyed the extra £50k they had from central funding, courtesy of the Bulls. If the story is to be believed they have played the judge jury and excutioner to the Bulls dilemma. However watch your step lads, I understand that the Wildcat is an endangered species?[/p][/quote]As BradfordBronco said yesterday, Rules and Rules and entering Administration is against those rules. The open letter from the Wildcat supporters trust to the RFL makes some very good points and asks questions that need answering.[/p][/quote]I didn't say that yesterday!!!As far as i can make out the RFL make their own rules up as they go along. They will deduct points if the bulls don't pay their creditors back.(Other than Omar Khan) We've prob lost 2 points when they said our extra game was against Huddersfield!! Think the RFL realised what the unique circumstances surrounding the latest administration were anyway. It wasn't the new boards fault and its time we all moved on for the sake of the game. bradfordbronco
  • Score: 7

11:47am Sat 8 Feb 14

bullsone03 says...

Can not be leave all these other clubs want to see us lose points surely they sould be happy with the extra funds they have been given for the last two seasons at hour expense I know rules are rules but a points deduction would be harsh
Can not be leave all these other clubs want to see us lose points surely they sould be happy with the extra funds they have been given for the last two seasons at hour expense I know rules are rules but a points deduction would be harsh bullsone03
  • Score: 5

11:49am Sat 8 Feb 14

Lythambull says...

Even if we get a four point penalty (which seems likely and fair, thanks Wakefield supporters for reiterating the rules to us, nice to see you've got so much free time at your blossoming club that you can spare a thought for the admin bods at Red Hall. Not like you've got a stand to rebuild after EIGHT people volunteered to help out) there's a good chance in my mind that if we play well we could be back to zero points within a week of the season kicking off. Cas are eminently beatable despite the pre season result, and I know there will be a LOT of vocal support squeezing into Wakey the following week.
Last nights game at Wigan has got me right in the mood for opening day!!
Standing shoulder to shoulder and supporting our lads is now the main priority as far as I can see.
COME ON YOU BULLS!!!!!!!
Even if we get a four point penalty (which seems likely and fair, thanks Wakefield supporters for reiterating the rules to us, nice to see you've got so much free time at your blossoming club that you can spare a thought for the admin bods at Red Hall. Not like you've got a stand to rebuild after EIGHT people volunteered to help out) there's a good chance in my mind that if we play well we could be back to zero points within a week of the season kicking off. Cas are eminently beatable despite the pre season result, and I know there will be a LOT of vocal support squeezing into Wakey the following week. Last nights game at Wigan has got me right in the mood for opening day!! Standing shoulder to shoulder and supporting our lads is now the main priority as far as I can see. COME ON YOU BULLS!!!!!!! Lythambull
  • Score: 13

11:50am Sat 8 Feb 14

bradfordbronco says...

Think the performance was partly down to the players agents looking to cause trouble. The main thing is they stick together. Anyone who cant hack it get out. The lads that are left need to trust each other They need to know the man at their side is a fighter and wont let them down.

Any player who values money more than self respect and pride needs to get out now. We're in a long campaign this season. We also need troops on the terraces who will support the team, not run away crying if we lose the odd battle. If you're not up to clear off. If you want to be part of the fight get their on Sunday and support the boys. Its not gonna be easy but lets look back at the end of the season and say we did our best.

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU
Think the performance was partly down to the players agents looking to cause trouble. The main thing is they stick together. Anyone who cant hack it get out. The lads that are left need to trust each other They need to know the man at their side is a fighter and wont let them down. Any player who values money more than self respect and pride needs to get out now. We're in a long campaign this season. We also need troops on the terraces who will support the team, not run away crying if we lose the odd battle. If you're not up to clear off. If you want to be part of the fight get their on Sunday and support the boys. Its not gonna be easy but lets look back at the end of the season and say we did our best. YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU bradfordbronco
  • Score: 12

12:07pm Sat 8 Feb 14

Bowlingboy says...

I can't see personally how the RFL can further punish the club for a situation that has been monitored and added to by themselves all along?
I have also heard that the administration was advised by them?

The likes of Wakefield are bound to apply the pressure as they are looking down the barrel of relegation too.

After watching the standard of football played by Wigan and Hudds last night,
The only certainty is we are going to have to improve, stick together and avoid injury to stay up this year anything more than that is a real bonus.

Hopefully at the end of the season with new owners, sponsors and our full Sky allocation of cash we can talk about adding to the squad and pushing for play off's.
I can't see personally how the RFL can further punish the club for a situation that has been monitored and added to by themselves all along? I have also heard that the administration was advised by them? The likes of Wakefield are bound to apply the pressure as they are looking down the barrel of relegation too. After watching the standard of football played by Wigan and Hudds last night, The only certainty is we are going to have to improve, stick together and avoid injury to stay up this year anything more than that is a real bonus. Hopefully at the end of the season with new owners, sponsors and our full Sky allocation of cash we can talk about adding to the squad and pushing for play off's. Bowlingboy
  • Score: 6

12:08pm Sat 8 Feb 14

fedupwiththeBS says...

I am sad to say that it is going to take another thumping by Tigers for the last of the die hards on here to realise that we are facing relegation this season.

I understand that Carvell is not the only player that is being tempted away from the uncertainty at Bulls. If we lose even one senior player from our weak squad we are in trouble. We already have injuries before the season starts.

Our game against London at the end of the season is already being talked of as our Grand Final.
I am sad to say that it is going to take another thumping by Tigers for the last of the die hards on here to realise that we are facing relegation this season. I understand that Carvell is not the only player that is being tempted away from the uncertainty at Bulls. If we lose even one senior player from our weak squad we are in trouble. We already have injuries before the season starts. Our game against London at the end of the season is already being talked of as our Grand Final. fedupwiththeBS
  • Score: -9

12:40pm Sat 8 Feb 14

bradfordbronco says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
I am sad to say that it is going to take another thumping by Tigers for the last of the die hards on here to realise that we are facing relegation this season.

I understand that Carvell is not the only player that is being tempted away from the uncertainty at Bulls. If we lose even one senior player from our weak squad we are in trouble. We already have injuries before the season starts.

Our game against London at the end of the season is already being talked of as our Grand Final.
For Goodness sake.The battle hasn't even started and your wavering. Dont cry odd now. Stand up and join the fight. So what if we lose, lets die fighting. Who knows whats in store. But we dont need our troops spreading negative propaganda
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: I am sad to say that it is going to take another thumping by Tigers for the last of the die hards on here to realise that we are facing relegation this season. I understand that Carvell is not the only player that is being tempted away from the uncertainty at Bulls. If we lose even one senior player from our weak squad we are in trouble. We already have injuries before the season starts. Our game against London at the end of the season is already being talked of as our Grand Final.[/p][/quote]For Goodness sake.The battle hasn't even started and your wavering. Dont cry odd now. Stand up and join the fight. So what if we lose, lets die fighting. Who knows whats in store. But we dont need our troops spreading negative propaganda bradfordbronco
  • Score: 9

1:01pm Sat 8 Feb 14

bradfordbronco says...

BREAKING NEWS. The Bulls are in a battle this season. There's no point in telling everyone that its gonna be hard and we might lose some points or some players or we might get relegated. Guess what, we already know that. What we also know is that nothing is certain. We have't even kicked off yet. We've got a full season in front off us. If we do get relegated then extra points to everyone who told us so. But lets wait till the end of the season before we start worrying about it. In the meantime all we can do is get behind the boys every week. If your're not up for it, then no worries,stay at home sulking. You won't be missed
BREAKING NEWS. The Bulls are in a battle this season. There's no point in telling everyone that its gonna be hard and we might lose some points or some players or we might get relegated. Guess what, we already know that. What we also know is that nothing is certain. We have't even kicked off yet. We've got a full season in front off us. If we do get relegated then extra points to everyone who told us so. But lets wait till the end of the season before we start worrying about it. In the meantime all we can do is get behind the boys every week. If your're not up for it, then no worries,stay at home sulking. You won't be missed bradfordbronco
  • Score: 8

2:04pm Sat 8 Feb 14

AUGUST1964 says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
I am sad to say that it is going to take another thumping by Tigers for the last of the die hards on here to realise that we are facing relegation this season. I understand that Carvell is not the only player that is being tempted away from the uncertainty at Bulls. If we lose even one senior player from our weak squad we are in trouble. We already have injuries before the season starts. Our game against London at the end of the season is already being talked of as our Grand Final.
For goodness sake I hope you're not a real supporter,if you are keep away from Odsal this season and do us all a favour,would have hated to be in the trenches with you,history has been fullof people like you and they all finished up in the sh=te.
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: I am sad to say that it is going to take another thumping by Tigers for the last of the die hards on here to realise that we are facing relegation this season. I understand that Carvell is not the only player that is being tempted away from the uncertainty at Bulls. If we lose even one senior player from our weak squad we are in trouble. We already have injuries before the season starts. Our game against London at the end of the season is already being talked of as our Grand Final.[/p][/quote]For goodness sake I hope you're not a real supporter,if you are keep away from Odsal this season and do us all a favour,would have hated to be in the trenches with you,history has been fullof people like you and they all finished up in the sh=te. AUGUST1964
  • Score: 3

2:30pm Sat 8 Feb 14

spanglishbull.uk says...

August,
He would not have been in the trenches.He would have run off to his mummy.
August, He would not have been in the trenches.He would have run off to his mummy. spanglishbull.uk
  • Score: 6

2:54pm Sat 8 Feb 14

Lythambull says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
I am sad to say that it is going to take another thumping by Tigers for the last of the die hards on here to realise that we are facing relegation this season.

I understand that Carvell is not the only player that is being tempted away from the uncertainty at Bulls. If we lose even one senior player from our weak squad we are in trouble. We already have injuries before the season starts.

Our game against London at the end of the season is already being talked of as our Grand Final.
I think most of the die hards know we are facing a relegation battle. The difference between us and you is that we aren't prepared to throw in the towel before a set has even been played.
If someone were to offer me twelfth place now I'd take it with both hands.
Luckily there are plenty with the stomach for the fight.
I love the turn of phrase "I understand that Carvell isn't the only player that is being tempted away"
We ALL UNDERSTAND that. It's bleeding obvious. Most don't chose to use our basic powers of deduction and try to pass them off as an allusion to insider knowledge!!
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: I am sad to say that it is going to take another thumping by Tigers for the last of the die hards on here to realise that we are facing relegation this season. I understand that Carvell is not the only player that is being tempted away from the uncertainty at Bulls. If we lose even one senior player from our weak squad we are in trouble. We already have injuries before the season starts. Our game against London at the end of the season is already being talked of as our Grand Final.[/p][/quote]I think most of the die hards know we are facing a relegation battle. The difference between us and you is that we aren't prepared to throw in the towel before a set has even been played. If someone were to offer me twelfth place now I'd take it with both hands. Luckily there are plenty with the stomach for the fight. I love the turn of phrase "I understand that Carvell isn't the only player that is being tempted away" We ALL UNDERSTAND that. It's bleeding obvious. Most don't chose to use our basic powers of deduction and try to pass them off as an allusion to insider knowledge!! Lythambull
  • Score: 4

4:29pm Sat 8 Feb 14

fedupwiththeBS says...

Yes I am a real fan and one that has seen through all the rubbish that we have been fed by the last board and this one.

If you can realistically look at the other squads and find another one apart from London's that is as weak as hours then I will be surprised. We cannot even look to Salford as being the whipping boy as normal this season.

I really hope I am wrong for the sake of the squad but looking at our fixtures especially April where we have Salford, Leeds and then Wigan even the most blinkered amongst you will concede that that run is going to take a toll on the young lads that we are expecting to step up.

we shall see.
Yes I am a real fan and one that has seen through all the rubbish that we have been fed by the last board and this one. If you can realistically look at the other squads and find another one apart from London's that is as weak as hours then I will be surprised. We cannot even look to Salford as being the whipping boy as normal this season. I really hope I am wrong for the sake of the squad but looking at our fixtures especially April where we have Salford, Leeds and then Wigan even the most blinkered amongst you will concede that that run is going to take a toll on the young lads that we are expecting to step up. we shall see. fedupwiththeBS
  • Score: 0

4:36pm Sat 8 Feb 14

axlef1963 says...

bullsone03 wrote:
Can not be leave all these other clubs want to see us lose points surely they sould be happy with the extra funds they have been given for the last two seasons at hour expense I know rules are rules but a points deduction would be harsh
of course they want us to have points deducted because that's the only way they can see themselves staying in super league.lets face it that's the only way they got in the play-offs.It makes me laugh how London and wakefield get away with having grounds that don't meet minimum capacitys but I guess the muppets at red hall have turned a blind eye to that,its seems its one rule for one and one rule for another.As for Carvell if he wants to go sod off we need people with heart and willing to fight for us,not some one who gets his head turned and goes for more money.In closing its one week to go to the start of our destiny so lets get behind THE MIGHTY BULLS and sod the rest COYB
[quote][p][bold]bullsone03[/bold] wrote: Can not be leave all these other clubs want to see us lose points surely they sould be happy with the extra funds they have been given for the last two seasons at hour expense I know rules are rules but a points deduction would be harsh[/p][/quote]of course they want us to have points deducted because that's the only way they can see themselves staying in super league.lets face it that's the only way they got in the play-offs.It makes me laugh how London and wakefield get away with having grounds that don't meet minimum capacitys but I guess the muppets at red hall have turned a blind eye to that,its seems its one rule for one and one rule for another.As for Carvell if he wants to go sod off we need people with heart and willing to fight for us,not some one who gets his head turned and goes for more money.In closing its one week to go to the start of our destiny so lets get behind THE MIGHTY BULLS and sod the rest COYB axlef1963
  • Score: 8

4:41pm Sat 8 Feb 14

raisemeup says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
I am sad to say that it is going to take another thumping by Tigers for the last of the die hards on here to realise that we are facing relegation this season.

I understand that Carvell is not the only player that is being tempted away from the uncertainty at Bulls. If we lose even one senior player from our weak squad we are in trouble. We already have injuries before the season starts.

Our game against London at the end of the season is already being talked of as our Grand Final.
Where's this glass, for the purpose of the exercise of Half Full....Half Empty!
BS you won, you got the half that's empty. Glad you aint a doctor, if you were euthanasia would be preferable, to listening to your diagnosis.
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: I am sad to say that it is going to take another thumping by Tigers for the last of the die hards on here to realise that we are facing relegation this season. I understand that Carvell is not the only player that is being tempted away from the uncertainty at Bulls. If we lose even one senior player from our weak squad we are in trouble. We already have injuries before the season starts. Our game against London at the end of the season is already being talked of as our Grand Final.[/p][/quote]Where's this glass, for the purpose of the exercise of Half Full....Half Empty! BS you won, you got the half that's empty. Glad you aint a doctor, if you were euthanasia would be preferable, to listening to your diagnosis. raisemeup
  • Score: 5

4:41pm Sat 8 Feb 14

Lythambull says...

I think you're purposely over looking Wakefield to make your point stick. Apart from Danny Kirmond I would say we are stronger across the park. Even their own fans have taken to social media to decry their lack of fire power out wide. Even if Carvell goes, we are better down the middle.
No wonder they're so keen to see justice served: they recognise that it gives them a really important advantage
I think you're purposely over looking Wakefield to make your point stick. Apart from Danny Kirmond I would say we are stronger across the park. Even their own fans have taken to social media to decry their lack of fire power out wide. Even if Carvell goes, we are better down the middle. No wonder they're so keen to see justice served: they recognise that it gives them a really important advantage Lythambull
  • Score: 7

5:28pm Sat 8 Feb 14

AUGUST1964 says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
Yes I am a real fan and one that has seen through all the rubbish that we have been fed by the last board and this one. If you can realistically look at the other squads and find another one apart from London's that is as weak as hours then I will be surprised. We cannot even look to Salford as being the whipping boy as normal this season. I really hope I am wrong for the sake of the squad but looking at our fixtures especially April where we have Salford, Leeds and then Wigan even the most blinkered amongst you will concede that that run is going to take a toll on the young lads that we are expecting to step up. we shall see.
If it upsets you so much,its simple just don't go to Odsal ,please.
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: Yes I am a real fan and one that has seen through all the rubbish that we have been fed by the last board and this one. If you can realistically look at the other squads and find another one apart from London's that is as weak as hours then I will be surprised. We cannot even look to Salford as being the whipping boy as normal this season. I really hope I am wrong for the sake of the squad but looking at our fixtures especially April where we have Salford, Leeds and then Wigan even the most blinkered amongst you will concede that that run is going to take a toll on the young lads that we are expecting to step up. we shall see.[/p][/quote]If it upsets you so much,its simple just don't go to Odsal ,please. AUGUST1964
  • Score: 6

7:23pm Sat 8 Feb 14

Adeybull says...

One thing all these usual suspects who purport to be fed up with the BS have in common.

They are brilliant at pointing out what is wrong. As they see it, anyway. Although some of us, who care more about the club, may have been aware of issues at times which, unlike those who want to be worshipped for "telling you first". chose to keep our own counsel. In the interests of the club.

But they are all pretty devoid of practicable solutions.

Any fool - or agent provocateur - can point to what is wrong. And deride anyone trying to fix it or rumbles their game, but with no real ideas or proposals of their own.
One thing all these usual suspects who purport to be fed up with the BS have in common. They are brilliant at pointing out what is wrong. As they see it, anyway. Although some of us, who care more about the club, may have been aware of issues at times which, unlike those who want to be worshipped for "telling you first". chose to keep our own counsel. In the interests of the club. But they are all pretty devoid of practicable solutions. Any fool - or agent provocateur - can point to what is wrong. And deride anyone trying to fix it or rumbles their game, but with no real ideas or proposals of their own. Adeybull
  • Score: 9

8:02pm Sat 8 Feb 14

bradfordbronco says...

Its simple really the battle starts next weekend. You need to decide which side your're on. Your're either with us or against us. Support the team for the full 80 minutes every week or bugger off. We cant have whiners and moaners on board.

Yes we know everything is not perfect, but nothing ever is. Lets make the best of what we've got. Give the boys 100% support and any inquests can wait till the end of the season when the campaign has ended.

No amount of complaining is gonna change anything now.

sSe you all at Odsal next sunday. Bring your best signing voice. 100% effort on the terraces. Bradford Bulls till we die
Its simple really the battle starts next weekend. You need to decide which side your're on. Your're either with us or against us. Support the team for the full 80 minutes every week or bugger off. We cant have whiners and moaners on board. Yes we know everything is not perfect, but nothing ever is. Lets make the best of what we've got. Give the boys 100% support and any inquests can wait till the end of the season when the campaign has ended. No amount of complaining is gonna change anything now. sSe you all at Odsal next sunday. Bring your best signing voice. 100% effort on the terraces. Bradford Bulls till we die bradfordbronco
  • Score: 9

1:25pm Sun 9 Feb 14

axlef1963 says...

bradfordbronco wrote:
Its simple really the battle starts next weekend. You need to decide which side your're on. Your're either with us or against us. Support the team for the full 80 minutes every week or bugger off. We cant have whiners and moaners on board.

Yes we know everything is not perfect, but nothing ever is. Lets make the best of what we've got. Give the boys 100% support and any inquests can wait till the end of the season when the campaign has ended.

No amount of complaining is gonna change anything now.

sSe you all at Odsal next sunday. Bring your best signing voice. 100% effort on the terraces. Bradford Bulls till we die
Well said its time to put up and shut up.We start the fight know its backs to the wall and repel all .We will fight to the end there is no surrender.To all the doubters watch this space we will conquer and prove to all the spirit that abounds in our great club.So come on all true NORTHERN/BULLS fans get to odsal and all away games and show the rest of super league YOU CAN TAKE OUR MONEY BUT YOU CANT TAKE OUR SPIRIT COME ON THE MIGHTY BULLS NO SURRENDER
[quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Its simple really the battle starts next weekend. You need to decide which side your're on. Your're either with us or against us. Support the team for the full 80 minutes every week or bugger off. We cant have whiners and moaners on board. Yes we know everything is not perfect, but nothing ever is. Lets make the best of what we've got. Give the boys 100% support and any inquests can wait till the end of the season when the campaign has ended. No amount of complaining is gonna change anything now. sSe you all at Odsal next sunday. Bring your best signing voice. 100% effort on the terraces. Bradford Bulls till we die[/p][/quote]Well said its time to put up and shut up.We start the fight know its backs to the wall and repel all .We will fight to the end there is no surrender.To all the doubters watch this space we will conquer and prove to all the spirit that abounds in our great club.So come on all true NORTHERN/BULLS fans get to odsal and all away games and show the rest of super league YOU CAN TAKE OUR MONEY BUT YOU CANT TAKE OUR SPIRIT COME ON THE MIGHTY BULLS NO SURRENDER axlef1963
  • Score: 5

4:21pm Sun 9 Feb 14

raisemeup says...

axlef1963 wrote:
bradfordbronco wrote:
Its simple really the battle starts next weekend. You need to decide which side your're on. Your're either with us or against us. Support the team for the full 80 minutes every week or bugger off. We cant have whiners and moaners on board.

Yes we know everything is not perfect, but nothing ever is. Lets make the best of what we've got. Give the boys 100% support and any inquests can wait till the end of the season when the campaign has ended.

No amount of complaining is gonna change anything now.

sSe you all at Odsal next sunday. Bring your best signing voice. 100% effort on the terraces. Bradford Bulls till we die
Well said its time to put up and shut up.We start the fight know its backs to the wall and repel all .We will fight to the end there is no surrender.To all the doubters watch this space we will conquer and prove to all the spirit that abounds in our great club.So come on all true NORTHERN/BULLS fans get to odsal and all away games and show the rest of super league YOU CAN TAKE OUR MONEY BUT YOU CANT TAKE OUR SPIRIT COME ON THE MIGHTY BULLS NO SURRENDER
Well said Mate, old Winston (wild Boar that is) would have been proud of you.
I remember the time when we were getting a load of derision from Wigan fans.
And good old Winston his mascot costume and curly tail, used it to good purpose by using the curly bit to wag at the supporters giving us the most grief!
We had to put him in a pork pie after that???
COYB
[quote][p][bold]axlef1963[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Its simple really the battle starts next weekend. You need to decide which side your're on. Your're either with us or against us. Support the team for the full 80 minutes every week or bugger off. We cant have whiners and moaners on board. Yes we know everything is not perfect, but nothing ever is. Lets make the best of what we've got. Give the boys 100% support and any inquests can wait till the end of the season when the campaign has ended. No amount of complaining is gonna change anything now. sSe you all at Odsal next sunday. Bring your best signing voice. 100% effort on the terraces. Bradford Bulls till we die[/p][/quote]Well said its time to put up and shut up.We start the fight know its backs to the wall and repel all .We will fight to the end there is no surrender.To all the doubters watch this space we will conquer and prove to all the spirit that abounds in our great club.So come on all true NORTHERN/BULLS fans get to odsal and all away games and show the rest of super league YOU CAN TAKE OUR MONEY BUT YOU CANT TAKE OUR SPIRIT COME ON THE MIGHTY BULLS NO SURRENDER[/p][/quote]Well said Mate, old Winston (wild Boar that is) would have been proud of you. I remember the time when we were getting a load of derision from Wigan fans. And good old Winston his mascot costume and curly tail, used it to good purpose by using the curly bit to wag at the supporters giving us the most grief! We had to put him in a pork pie after that??? COYB raisemeup
  • Score: 4

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree