We’ve just got to crack on with the rugby, says Bradford Bulls hooker Adam O'Brien

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Adam O'Brien has high hopes for the 2014 season Adam O'Brien has high hopes for the 2014 season

Bulls rookie Adam O’Brien is keeping his fingers crossed that the club can negotiate a way through their latest financial crisis.

It was announced on Friday that a number of job losses had been made but none of Francis Cummins’ players have yet departed.

The Bulls revealed earlier this month that savings of £400,000 must be made to stave off the threat of administration.

Homegrown hooker O’Brien said: “I’ve been here for four or five years now and have been through the ups and downs such as the administration last year and what we’ve been through in the last couple of months.

“But when you’re at training with the lads, you’re in the team environment and you’re training and doing your weights.

“You just get on with it, but when you’re away from training and at home you think about the situation more.

“At the end of the day it’s a job and it could happen to anyone. We’ve just got to crack on with things and fingers crossed everything works out.”

O’Brien signed a long-term deal last year and is gearing up for a big season as he bids to become a first-team regular.

He added: “While I know I’ve got that security behind me, anyone could turn round and sack you.

“I’ve just got to keep training hard and hope everything works out well.”

Comments (25)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:51am Mon 16 Dec 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Another non story.
Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime?
The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out.
Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.
Another non story. Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime? The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out. Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement. Thee Voice of Reason

8:02am Mon 16 Dec 13

raisemeup says...

It is as it is. Stop trying to make trouble, we can only move forward from now on. The past is meaningless unless we improve on the future.
It is as it is. Stop trying to make trouble, we can only move forward from now on. The past is meaningless unless we improve on the future. raisemeup

8:08am Mon 16 Dec 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

raisemeup wrote:
It is as it is. Stop trying to make trouble, we can only move forward from now on. The past is meaningless unless we improve on the future.
There are alot of things the fans need to know. Speaking with someone who was made redundant last week this paper is letting the fans down.
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: It is as it is. Stop trying to make trouble, we can only move forward from now on. The past is meaningless unless we improve on the future.[/p][/quote]There are alot of things the fans need to know. Speaking with someone who was made redundant last week this paper is letting the fans down. Thee Voice of Reason

8:28am Mon 16 Dec 13

Bull4eva says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Another non story.
Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime?
The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out.
Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.
Instead of blabbering on the comment section, why don't you use common sense and just e mail ross??
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Another non story. Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime? The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out. Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.[/p][/quote]Instead of blabbering on the comment section, why don't you use common sense and just e mail ross?? Bull4eva

8:38am Mon 16 Dec 13

BrisBull says...

Bull4eva wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Another non story.
Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime?
The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out.
Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.
Instead of blabbering on the comment section, why don't you use common sense and just e mail ross??
It's called ADHD
[quote][p][bold]Bull4eva[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Another non story. Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime? The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out. Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.[/p][/quote]Instead of blabbering on the comment section, why don't you use common sense and just e mail ross??[/p][/quote]It's called ADHD BrisBull

8:48am Mon 16 Dec 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Bull4eva wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Another non story.
Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime?
The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out.
Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.
Instead of blabbering on the comment section, why don't you use common sense and just e mail ross??
He has been emailed, but thanks for the suggestion.
I also have no reason to not believe what I have been told as the same person told me about the massive debt left and I posted it on this comment section 5 days before the T&A broke the story and at that time they were very selective with what they said. Infact when I posted minutes of the meeting the comments were shut.
If you lot want to stick your head in the sand thats fine with me but what has gone on needs to be revealed to the fans, not swept under the carpet.
[quote][p][bold]Bull4eva[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Another non story. Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime? The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out. Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.[/p][/quote]Instead of blabbering on the comment section, why don't you use common sense and just e mail ross??[/p][/quote]He has been emailed, but thanks for the suggestion. I also have no reason to not believe what I have been told as the same person told me about the massive debt left and I posted it on this comment section 5 days before the T&A broke the story and at that time they were very selective with what they said. Infact when I posted minutes of the meeting the comments were shut. If you lot want to stick your head in the sand thats fine with me but what has gone on needs to be revealed to the fans, not swept under the carpet. Thee Voice of Reason

8:58am Mon 16 Dec 13

Lythambull says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Another non story.
Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime?
The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out.
Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.
Hang on, TVOR has a very strong point here. The last week has been cut and paste stories or hatchet jobs on the playing staff.
I'm not sure emailing the author of these lazy submissions would garner anything and honestly, to adopt the position that what's done is done and that wanting to understand HOW things went wrong is a joke. "The past is meaningless unless we improve on the future". What incomprehensible drivel.
The debate should move away from blaming people and focus on analysing where things went wrong and planning from there, instead we are stuck in a loop of player interviews which all say the same thing.
People are too quick to shoot down TVOR today and honestly it's only happened because of WHO made the point. At least he isn't blindly optimistic and assuming unto himself the role of "voice of the bulls" like some on here.
AND PLEASE T&A, GIVE IT SOME EFFORT.
COYB!!
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Another non story. Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime? The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out. Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.[/p][/quote]Hang on, TVOR has a very strong point here. The last week has been cut and paste stories or hatchet jobs on the playing staff. I'm not sure emailing the author of these lazy submissions would garner anything and honestly, to adopt the position that what's done is done and that wanting to understand HOW things went wrong is a joke. "The past is meaningless unless we improve on the future". What incomprehensible drivel. The debate should move away from blaming people and focus on analysing where things went wrong and planning from there, instead we are stuck in a loop of player interviews which all say the same thing. People are too quick to shoot down TVOR today and honestly it's only happened because of WHO made the point. At least he isn't blindly optimistic and assuming unto himself the role of "voice of the bulls" like some on here. AND PLEASE T&A, GIVE IT SOME EFFORT. COYB!! Lythambull

8:59am Mon 16 Dec 13

Bull4eva says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Bull4eva wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Another non story.
Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime?
The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out.
Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.
Instead of blabbering on the comment section, why don't you use common sense and just e mail ross??
He has been emailed, but thanks for the suggestion.
I also have no reason to not believe what I have been told as the same person told me about the massive debt left and I posted it on this comment section 5 days before the T&A broke the story and at that time they were very selective with what they said. Infact when I posted minutes of the meeting the comments were shut.
If you lot want to stick your head in the sand thats fine with me but what has gone on needs to be revealed to the fans, not swept under the carpet.
Can you elaborate on what you were told??
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bull4eva[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Another non story. Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime? The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out. Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.[/p][/quote]Instead of blabbering on the comment section, why don't you use common sense and just e mail ross??[/p][/quote]He has been emailed, but thanks for the suggestion. I also have no reason to not believe what I have been told as the same person told me about the massive debt left and I posted it on this comment section 5 days before the T&A broke the story and at that time they were very selective with what they said. Infact when I posted minutes of the meeting the comments were shut. If you lot want to stick your head in the sand thats fine with me but what has gone on needs to be revealed to the fans, not swept under the carpet.[/p][/quote]Can you elaborate on what you were told?? Bull4eva

9:24am Mon 16 Dec 13

MeccaBingo1 says...

I agree, Fans should be told more. Did anyone else waste time at weekend trying to collect season tickets? Many were told to come back next week because of "another computer system issue" seems very very fishy to me! One good thing came of it Robbie is not sticking around for long, I really feel this latest crisis is damaging his image and he does right.
I agree, Fans should be told more. Did anyone else waste time at weekend trying to collect season tickets? Many were told to come back next week because of "another computer system issue" seems very very fishy to me! One good thing came of it Robbie is not sticking around for long, I really feel this latest crisis is damaging his image and he does right. MeccaBingo1

9:30am Mon 16 Dec 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Bull4eva wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Bull4eva wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Another non story.
Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime?
The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out.
Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.
Instead of blabbering on the comment section, why don't you use common sense and just e mail ross??
He has been emailed, but thanks for the suggestion.
I also have no reason to not believe what I have been told as the same person told me about the massive debt left and I posted it on this comment section 5 days before the T&A broke the story and at that time they were very selective with what they said. Infact when I posted minutes of the meeting the comments were shut.
If you lot want to stick your head in the sand thats fine with me but what has gone on needs to be revealed to the fans, not swept under the carpet.
Can you elaborate on what you were told??
So now after getting at me you want to know what I know.
Well I knoe that Mr Moore has given his side of the story to the T&A but this hasn't been printed and that the club and T&A have had some fall out which is why we only now see rehashes of stories and not exclusives.
[quote][p][bold]Bull4eva[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bull4eva[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Another non story. Why don't you print your interview with Mr Moore that gave you all the info on how the club was run under the last regime? The fact you didn't even print in the paper what was openly said at the fans forum but would print 2 stories re OK and you haven't tracked Sutcliffe down seems to suggest your happy protect the former owners or someone at the paper is, especially after that pathetic editorial which defended them even after the news came out. Several people have lost jobs but all we get is what is availible on the Bulls site and OK's side of the story when I know Moore has given you a full statement.[/p][/quote]Instead of blabbering on the comment section, why don't you use common sense and just e mail ross??[/p][/quote]He has been emailed, but thanks for the suggestion. I also have no reason to not believe what I have been told as the same person told me about the massive debt left and I posted it on this comment section 5 days before the T&A broke the story and at that time they were very selective with what they said. Infact when I posted minutes of the meeting the comments were shut. If you lot want to stick your head in the sand thats fine with me but what has gone on needs to be revealed to the fans, not swept under the carpet.[/p][/quote]Can you elaborate on what you were told??[/p][/quote]So now after getting at me you want to know what I know. Well I knoe that Mr Moore has given his side of the story to the T&A but this hasn't been printed and that the club and T&A have had some fall out which is why we only now see rehashes of stories and not exclusives. Thee Voice of Reason

9:52am Mon 16 Dec 13

Bacon Bantam says...

I wouldn't bother TVOR, many of these prefer to think all is rosey in the garden rather than hearing the truth or seeking the truth.
Several weeks have passed and not one comment from Sutcliffe who couldn't keep out of the paper October last year.
The T&A editorial when the news broke seems to show you which horse the T&A are backing, which as you said was more apparant when they posted OK's legal story and no story from the current directors has been seen, even though they were open with the fans and went to lengths to get people in the know rather than have rumours circulating.
I wouldn't bother TVOR, many of these prefer to think all is rosey in the garden rather than hearing the truth or seeking the truth. Several weeks have passed and not one comment from Sutcliffe who couldn't keep out of the paper October last year. The T&A editorial when the news broke seems to show you which horse the T&A are backing, which as you said was more apparant when they posted OK's legal story and no story from the current directors has been seen, even though they were open with the fans and went to lengths to get people in the know rather than have rumours circulating. Bacon Bantam

10:10am Mon 16 Dec 13

bully4us says...

The problem some have on here is that when they do say something that is true or makes sense nobody believes them. It is the “cry wolf” syndrome. These people like to abuse and wind people up and generally talk cr*p most of the time they then get annoyed when they are not believed when they do actually make a good point – as today.

Good point made by TVoR but his reputation means it falls on deaf ears. You usually get this from juveniles and intellectually challenged people.

I was always told that if you want people to believe what you say you MUST not get a reputation of talking rubbish. Tough but true!
The problem some have on here is that when they do say something that is true or makes sense nobody believes them. It is the “cry wolf” syndrome. These people like to abuse and wind people up and generally talk cr*p most of the time they then get annoyed when they are not believed when they do actually make a good point – as today. Good point made by TVoR but his reputation means it falls on deaf ears. You usually get this from juveniles and intellectually challenged people. I was always told that if you want people to believe what you say you MUST not get a reputation of talking rubbish. Tough but true! bully4us

1:26pm Mon 16 Dec 13

RABTID says...

Sent to Odsal this morning,

What's this " big row " Bulls have had with T n A. MM, is supposed to have given FULL interview re previous management, financials, not published? Also, one idiot on T n A forum says RHP is going to leave, any truth, in any of these " stories "

Waiting for answer.

Answer received,

From MY source at Odsal,

No mate. None at all
Sent to Odsal this morning, What's this " big row " Bulls have had with T n A. MM, is supposed to have given FULL interview re previous management, financials, not published? Also, one idiot on T n A forum says RHP is going to leave, any truth, in any of these " stories " Waiting for answer. Answer received, From MY source at Odsal, No mate. None at all RABTID

1:45pm Mon 16 Dec 13

Andy2010 says...

RABTID wrote:
Sent to Odsal this morning,

What's this " big row " Bulls have had with T n A. MM, is supposed to have given FULL interview re previous management, financials, not published? Also, one idiot on T n A forum says RHP is going to leave, any truth, in any of these " stories "

Waiting for answer.

Answer received,

From MY source at Odsal,

No mate. None at all
Cast Iron proof right there ^^^
[quote][p][bold]RABTID[/bold] wrote: Sent to Odsal this morning, What's this " big row " Bulls have had with T n A. MM, is supposed to have given FULL interview re previous management, financials, not published? Also, one idiot on T n A forum says RHP is going to leave, any truth, in any of these " stories " Waiting for answer. Answer received, From MY source at Odsal, No mate. None at all[/p][/quote]Cast Iron proof right there ^^^ Andy2010

1:49pm Mon 16 Dec 13

Bacon Bantam says...

RABTID wrote:
Sent to Odsal this morning, What's this " big row " Bulls have had with T n A. MM, is supposed to have given FULL interview re previous management, financials, not published? Also, one idiot on T n A forum says RHP is going to leave, any truth, in any of these " stories " Waiting for answer. Answer received, From MY source at Odsal, No mate. None at all
Maybe your source isn't as informative as others. It's true TVOR's info regarding the massive debt was right days before it was reported on by this paper.
[quote][p][bold]RABTID[/bold] wrote: Sent to Odsal this morning, What's this " big row " Bulls have had with T n A. MM, is supposed to have given FULL interview re previous management, financials, not published? Also, one idiot on T n A forum says RHP is going to leave, any truth, in any of these " stories " Waiting for answer. Answer received, From MY source at Odsal, No mate. None at all[/p][/quote]Maybe your source isn't as informative as others. It's true TVOR's info regarding the massive debt was right days before it was reported on by this paper. Bacon Bantam

2:15pm Mon 16 Dec 13

Parz says...

I'm hoping for a good full season from Adam. I thought he looked good last year when he played. Hell, he managed to come on and score against Huddersfield away before he'd even maanged to finish strapping up his scrum cap. Good prospect who will hopefully learn plenty from Diskin.

As for the whole Mark Moore/ T&A thing, is it not entirely feasible that nothing's been printed because of the upcoming legal kerfuffle between OK, RW and MM?
I'm hoping for a good full season from Adam. I thought he looked good last year when he played. Hell, he managed to come on and score against Huddersfield away before he'd even maanged to finish strapping up his scrum cap. Good prospect who will hopefully learn plenty from Diskin. As for the whole Mark Moore/ T&A thing, is it not entirely feasible that nothing's been printed because of the upcoming legal kerfuffle between OK, RW and MM? Parz

4:35pm Mon 16 Dec 13

Prisoner Cell Block A says...

bully4us wrote:
The problem some have on here is that when they do say something that is true or makes sense nobody believes them. It is the “cry wolf” syndrome. These people like to abuse and wind people up and generally talk cr*p most of the time they then get annoyed when they are not believed when they do actually make a good point – as today.

Good point made by TVoR but his reputation means it falls on deaf ears. You usually get this from juveniles and intellectually challenged people.

I was always told that if you want people to believe what you say you MUST not get a reputation of talking rubbish. Tough but true!
TVOR has often spoken the truth only for it to come out days, even weeks later. Very little 'cry wolf' at all.

There has been more 'a mate of a mate' told me we are fine and will be signing X,Y,Z and the Bulls are back and we're gonna steamroll the division from the rose tinted brigade, see rasiemeup's juvenile comment above.

Some people are happy to believe the hype, any hype and no bad news will be listened to. This is the childish stance.
[quote][p][bold]bully4us[/bold] wrote: The problem some have on here is that when they do say something that is true or makes sense nobody believes them. It is the “cry wolf” syndrome. These people like to abuse and wind people up and generally talk cr*p most of the time they then get annoyed when they are not believed when they do actually make a good point – as today. Good point made by TVoR but his reputation means it falls on deaf ears. You usually get this from juveniles and intellectually challenged people. I was always told that if you want people to believe what you say you MUST not get a reputation of talking rubbish. Tough but true![/p][/quote]TVOR has often spoken the truth only for it to come out days, even weeks later. Very little 'cry wolf' at all. There has been more 'a mate of a mate' told me we are fine and will be signing X,Y,Z and the Bulls are back and we're gonna steamroll the division from the rose tinted brigade, see rasiemeup's juvenile comment above. Some people are happy to believe the hype, any hype and no bad news will be listened to. This is the childish stance. Prisoner Cell Block A

7:03pm Mon 16 Dec 13

fedupwiththeBS says...

there are more publications than this if MM wants to come clean about the last administration; I am sure the Yorkshire Post or 40/20 would run it.

Got to admit that these nothing stories from the players are getting dull; it would be news worthy if a player came out and said he feared for his future and the unrest was a concern; but with the media ban on them that is not going to happen.
there are more publications than this if MM wants to come clean about the last administration; I am sure the Yorkshire Post or 40/20 would run it. Got to admit that these nothing stories from the players are getting dull; it would be news worthy if a player came out and said he feared for his future and the unrest was a concern; but with the media ban on them that is not going to happen. fedupwiththeBS

7:03pm Mon 16 Dec 13

RABTID says...

Have to agree all this" my dad's bigger than yours ". Does nothing for the club. Some people wouldn't know the truth if it sat up and bit 'em. Others think they know all the answers, but actually know very little. There is a saying " the truth will out " . So let's wait for that to happen, shall we stop surmising what has/is happened(ing). It looks like one man has the ear of someone at Odsal to get his info. Or he his a good writer of fiction. Or just plain hell bent on causing bother. My own opinion, for what it's worth, after speaking to several employees at Odsal, is that the club is in a great position to go forward into 2014. Plus a MAJOR sponsor is to be announced soon. But because I'm not " in the in crowd " on here, my opinion will be ridiculed.
Have to agree all this" my dad's bigger than yours ". Does nothing for the club. Some people wouldn't know the truth if it sat up and bit 'em. Others think they know all the answers, but actually know very little. There is a saying " the truth will out " . So let's wait for that to happen, shall we stop surmising what has/is happened(ing). It looks like one man has the ear of someone at Odsal to get his info. Or he his a good writer of fiction. Or just plain hell bent on causing bother. My own opinion, for what it's worth, after speaking to several employees at Odsal, is that the club is in a great position to go forward into 2014. Plus a MAJOR sponsor is to be announced soon. But because I'm not " in the in crowd " on here, my opinion will be ridiculed. RABTID

7:09pm Mon 16 Dec 13

Lythambull says...

RABTID wrote:
Have to agree all this" my dad's bigger than yours ". Does nothing for the club. Some people wouldn't know the truth if it sat up and bit 'em. Others think they know all the answers, but actually know very little. There is a saying " the truth will out " . So let's wait for that to happen, shall we stop surmising what has/is happened(ing). It looks like one man has the ear of someone at Odsal to get his info. Or he his a good writer of fiction. Or just plain hell bent on causing bother. My own opinion, for what it's worth, after speaking to several employees at Odsal, is that the club is in a great position to go forward into 2014. Plus a MAJOR sponsor is to be announced soon. But because I'm not " in the in crowd " on here, my opinion will be ridiculed.
Not sure which crowd is the "in" crowd! But if what you say IS true then that is good news indeed. Problem is there have been a few false dawns in the last eighteen months or so. Hope and realism in equal measure is what's needed.
COYB!!!
[quote][p][bold]RABTID[/bold] wrote: Have to agree all this" my dad's bigger than yours ". Does nothing for the club. Some people wouldn't know the truth if it sat up and bit 'em. Others think they know all the answers, but actually know very little. There is a saying " the truth will out " . So let's wait for that to happen, shall we stop surmising what has/is happened(ing). It looks like one man has the ear of someone at Odsal to get his info. Or he his a good writer of fiction. Or just plain hell bent on causing bother. My own opinion, for what it's worth, after speaking to several employees at Odsal, is that the club is in a great position to go forward into 2014. Plus a MAJOR sponsor is to be announced soon. But because I'm not " in the in crowd " on here, my opinion will be ridiculed.[/p][/quote]Not sure which crowd is the "in" crowd! But if what you say IS true then that is good news indeed. Problem is there have been a few false dawns in the last eighteen months or so. Hope and realism in equal measure is what's needed. COYB!!! Lythambull

8:32pm Mon 16 Dec 13

martinwildbull says...

O'brien I wish you all the best this season, big shoes to step into but on the evidence of your play last half of last seaon you are ready to take it in your stride COYB!!!
O'brien I wish you all the best this season, big shoes to step into but on the evidence of your play last half of last seaon you are ready to take it in your stride COYB!!! martinwildbull

11:46pm Mon 16 Dec 13

bradfordbronco says...

Its a shame he didn't get more game time last season, but he was behind two of our most senior players who were on good money. Part of the irony of the last couple of years is that despite getting less funding the new club still had to honour the big contracts agreed by the previous board with Langley, Diskin, Platt, Sykes etc whilst those who still had a couple of years left on a junior contacts, which we could afford, such as Koppy could just renege on their deals with little consequences.

The only thing I'm sure of is that nobody got involved in the Bulls for financial gain. Omar gave it his best. He put his money where his mouth was but in the end the job was just bigger than he expected. The current board are the ones now trying to steer us to safety unfortunately they have even less money than Omar. They can't afford to give anything back to Omar and the whole thing is just getting messy and complicated. Hopefully someone with some real money will come and sort it out but I can't see it happening.

Its really down to the supporters as always to keep the club going. If we stick together and turn up in hugh numbers the club will be ok. If we stay away the club will die. Some clubs are run as a plaything of a rich owner. The Bulls strength has always been in its membership. We don't need 10,000 season ticket holders, this was never going to happen, but we do need near to 10,000 turning up each week.

we need the club to realise theirs a large stay away fan base that needs to brought back into the club. Times are hard and the club needs to take imaginative measure to get people back on game day. £20+ is too much to tempt people in. The lack of pay on the day fans has been one of the disappointing things over the last few seasons. I know of people who no longer go. I'd price standing tickets at £15 with £1 for kids. This is still more than I'd paying with my season ticket deal so i'm still happy but the guy with 2 kids who doesn't go anymore is suddenly tempted back and then spends money in the club shop.

Hood was an idiot for cutting prices to the loyal supporters like me, who would have paid full price anyway. What the club needs to do is win back the passive fans once again. Times have moved on. Odsal is a dump. People don't expect to pay over £20 to stand up anymore. If you're looking to take kids to support a team in Bradford then Odsal just doesn't match Valley Parade in peoples expectations. The club needs to price it right to tempt them in. The mentality of "I'm not watching them till they start winning again" needs to change to one of "theirs a game on lets get involved and enjoy it"
Its a shame he didn't get more game time last season, but he was behind two of our most senior players who were on good money. Part of the irony of the last couple of years is that despite getting less funding the new club still had to honour the big contracts agreed by the previous board with Langley, Diskin, Platt, Sykes etc whilst those who still had a couple of years left on a junior contacts, which we could afford, such as Koppy could just renege on their deals with little consequences. The only thing I'm sure of is that nobody got involved in the Bulls for financial gain. Omar gave it his best. He put his money where his mouth was but in the end the job was just bigger than he expected. The current board are the ones now trying to steer us to safety unfortunately they have even less money than Omar. They can't afford to give anything back to Omar and the whole thing is just getting messy and complicated. Hopefully someone with some real money will come and sort it out but I can't see it happening. Its really down to the supporters as always to keep the club going. If we stick together and turn up in hugh numbers the club will be ok. If we stay away the club will die. Some clubs are run as a plaything of a rich owner. The Bulls strength has always been in its membership. We don't need 10,000 season ticket holders, this was never going to happen, but we do need near to 10,000 turning up each week. we need the club to realise theirs a large stay away fan base that needs to brought back into the club. Times are hard and the club needs to take imaginative measure to get people back on game day. £20+ is too much to tempt people in. The lack of pay on the day fans has been one of the disappointing things over the last few seasons. I know of people who no longer go. I'd price standing tickets at £15 with £1 for kids. This is still more than I'd paying with my season ticket deal so i'm still happy but the guy with 2 kids who doesn't go anymore is suddenly tempted back and then spends money in the club shop. Hood was an idiot for cutting prices to the loyal supporters like me, who would have paid full price anyway. What the club needs to do is win back the passive fans once again. Times have moved on. Odsal is a dump. People don't expect to pay over £20 to stand up anymore. If you're looking to take kids to support a team in Bradford then Odsal just doesn't match Valley Parade in peoples expectations. The club needs to price it right to tempt them in. The mentality of "I'm not watching them till they start winning again" needs to change to one of "theirs a game on lets get involved and enjoy it" bradfordbronco

7:20am Tue 17 Dec 13

bullybullman says...

Very good post Bradfordbronco - The £15 entrance fee is a good idea but it would have to reflect a reduced session ticket price unless the season ticket gave better perks such as discounted drinks , clothing & maybe discounted away tickets ect. People pay hard earned cash for a feel good factor & for many yeas now the feel good factor has faded into frustration & despair & sadly until we become settled & progress this feel good factor will continue to absent from Odsal.

Valley Parade is our best option by far lets do a deal with City & get shut of the burden of Odsal its lease & its antiquated facilities.
Very good post Bradfordbronco - The £15 entrance fee is a good idea but it would have to reflect a reduced session ticket price unless the season ticket gave better perks such as discounted drinks , clothing & maybe discounted away tickets ect. People pay hard earned cash for a feel good factor & for many yeas now the feel good factor has faded into frustration & despair & sadly until we become settled & progress this feel good factor will continue to absent from Odsal. Valley Parade is our best option by far lets do a deal with City & get shut of the burden of Odsal its lease & its antiquated facilities. bullybullman

7:56am Tue 17 Dec 13

bradfordbronco says...

Agreed its a difficult balancing act and one of the dangers of putting so much emphisis on season ticket ticket sales. The 4000 season tickets holders are the loyal hardcore of fans who probably wouldn't mind the club making efforts to attract back the more fair weather fans. Think we could offer BCFC, Rhinos, Halifax, etc season tickets holders reduced admission. Esp if they didnt have a game that weekend. Would just have to make sure they couldn't give the ticket to a friend. Maybe produce photo id and get in for a £10.

I'd also like to see a new family zone created perhaps in front of the old touch down restaurant where those with kids under 12 could stand together. Bullman could target this area to let the kids have fun, and competitions and photos etc. Sometimes the under 12's do get fed up
Agreed its a difficult balancing act and one of the dangers of putting so much emphisis on season ticket ticket sales. The 4000 season tickets holders are the loyal hardcore of fans who probably wouldn't mind the club making efforts to attract back the more fair weather fans. Think we could offer BCFC, Rhinos, Halifax, etc season tickets holders reduced admission. Esp if they didnt have a game that weekend. Would just have to make sure they couldn't give the ticket to a friend. Maybe produce photo id and get in for a £10. I'd also like to see a new family zone created perhaps in front of the old touch down restaurant where those with kids under 12 could stand together. Bullman could target this area to let the kids have fun, and competitions and photos etc. Sometimes the under 12's do get fed up bradfordbronco

1:52pm Tue 17 Dec 13

Loyalbull1981 says...

MeccaBingo1 wrote:
I agree, Fans should be told more. Did anyone else waste time at weekend trying to collect season tickets? Many were told to come back next week because of "another computer system issue" seems very very fishy to me! One good thing came of it Robbie is not sticking around for long, I really feel this latest crisis is damaging his image and he does right.
can you eloaborate - robbie not sticking around?
[quote][p][bold]MeccaBingo1[/bold] wrote: I agree, Fans should be told more. Did anyone else waste time at weekend trying to collect season tickets? Many were told to come back next week because of "another computer system issue" seems very very fishy to me! One good thing came of it Robbie is not sticking around for long, I really feel this latest crisis is damaging his image and he does right.[/p][/quote]can you eloaborate - robbie not sticking around? Loyalbull1981

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree