A BRADFORD mother accused of the murder of her 18-month-old son will not enter a plea to the charge until next week at the earliest, a court was told.

Gemma Procter (pictured), 23, appeared via videolink at Bradford Crown Court on Wednesday, March 7, in front of the Recorder of Bradford, Judge Jonathan Durham Hall QC. Her toddler, Elliot Procter, died after falling from a sixth-floor window at a block of flats in Bradford on October 21 last year.

Kama Melly QC, prosecuting, and Simon Kealey QC, defending, said reports by medical experts were still being discussed in relation to the case.

Procter, of Newcastle House, Barkerend, Bradford, is currently in custody ahead of a proposed trial date of April 16, which was put back by a week so as not to coincide with what would have been Elliot’s second birthday.


Judge Durham Hall adjourned the case until March 16, stating: “Because the court cannot just let the medics take over, I have to insist that all parties are in a position to proceed next Friday.”