LEFT-WING journalist and broadcaster Paul Mason will speak at a grassroots political event being held in Bradford.
Mr Mason (pictured), former business editor for Channel 4 News, will be the keynote speaker at Take Back Control, aimed at bringing people together in the wake of the Brexit vote. It is being organised by The World Transformed, an initiative associated with Jeremy Corbyn-supporting movement Momentum.
Volunteer Karen Evans said: “We’re absolutely thrilled Paul Mason is coming to Bradford to
help us to ‘take back control’ of our lives and communities.”
Take Back Control Bradford will be held at Kala Sangam on May 6 and will feature guest speakers, workshops, exhibitions, music and film. Tickets, priced at £3 to £15, are available at www.takebackrealcontrol.com/bradford.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Two treated by ambulance crew as fire rips through roof of house
- Stolen car on false plates found in cobbled Bradford street after police pursuit
- Firefighters praised for tackling warehouse blaze
- Enforcement action looms as Council refuses retrospective permission for modern replacement of one of city's finest traditional shopfronts
- Male taken to hospital after neighbour reports emergency
- Man suffers head injury in street attack