A CHIP pan fire caused the windows of an Allerton house to be blown out.

Fire crews from Fairweather Green and Bradford were called to reports of smoke at a house on Greenway Drive at 2.20pm yesterday. On arriving, firefighters found the property empty, and that the smoke was coming from an unattended chip pan. While firefighters were dealing with the incident, the smoke ignited, blowing the kitchen windows out. There were no serious injuries, and firefighters used breathing apparatus to clear the house.