Discarded cigarette thought to have sparked garden decking fire

Discarded cigarette thought to have sparked garden decking fire

Discarded cigarette thought to have sparked garden decking fire

First published in News

A FIRE crew from Cleckheaton Fire Station were called to a blaze on garden decking at a house which was believed to have been caused by a discarded cigarette.

The blaze took place at around 5am this morning at a property in Hightown Road, Cleckheaton.

No-one suffered any injuries or smoke inhalation in the incident.

Firefighter Will Basnett said: "The fire had spread from the decking onto the fence.

"It had possibly started with a discarded cigarette.

"It had caused some significant damage from a cigarette and we had to cut it away."

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree