Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Man, 24, badly burned as van catches fire in Bradford
7:23pm Friday 11th July 2014 in News
A man suffered serious flash burns when he was engulfed by flames in Bradford today.
The 24-year-old was working at a house in Marsh Street, Bankfoot, when a machine in his van burst into flames.
A spokesman for the Yorkshire Ambulance Service said the man was taken to Pinderfields Hospital in Wakefield suffering from "extensive burns".
Firefighters from Odsal and Bradford stations were called to the scene at 2.20pm.
A spokesman for Odsal station said the man suffered flash burns after being enveloped by flames. The van was destroyed by the fire.