The time has come once again to start the annual search for Bradford’s bonniest baby or toddler.
The Happy Tots competition, run by the Telegraph & Argus and now in its 13th year, begins on Monday and is free to enter.
Parents wanting to put forward their children into the contest, and be in with a chance of winning some great prizes, need to go along to the Kirkgate Shopping Centre in Bradford to get their youngsters photographed.
The winner in each age category will get a framed 20x16 portrait of their child and a month’s pass to the ‘Jungle at the Junction’ soft play gym at Black Dyke Mills in Queensbury.
The one overall winner will receive £500 of shopping vouchers to spend at the Kirkgate Centre, which has again teamed up with the T&A for this year’s contest.
The competition has been extended this year to cater for children up to five years of age, with the five age categories now; up to six months, six to 12 months, one to two years, two to three years, and three to five years.
A new photographic firm will also capture this year’s contest, with Starlight Studios, which has been involved with a number of baby competitions across the UK, on board for 2014.
Starlight’s photographers will be at the Kirkgate Centre to take the happy snaps from Monday until Saturday, February 8. Times are 10am to 4pm on all days, but photographers will not be there on Sunday, February 2.
From Monday, February 10, to Saturday, February 15, Starlight will again be present at the centre from 10am to 4pm to allow parents to come and view the pictures and have the chance to buy their copies.
A photograph of each tot will feature in the T&A Happy Tots supplement on Wednesday, March 19, and readers will then be able to vote for their favourites. The top three in each category will then go into the final for another public vote.
Last year’s overall winner was 20-month-old Addison-Lee O’Reilly Broadbent, who also won the one to two years category.
His delighted mum Victoria O’Reilly Broadbent, of Ravenscliffe, Bradford, said: “I was so happy and proud of him. When he was announced the overall winner, I was so shocked, The whole family were amazed.”
- Conditions of Entry:
- Employees of Newsquest Media Group, the Kirkgate Centre and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. The editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is no cash alternative to the stated prizes.
- It is a condition of entry that all winners make themselves available for any resulting publicity connected with this competition.
- The five age groups for the competition will be as follows: 0-6 months (any child born on or since July 27, 2013), 6-12 months (born on or between January 26, 2013 to July 26 2013), 1-2 years (born on or between January 25, 2012 to January 25, 2013), 2-3 years (born on or between January 24, 2011 to January 24, 2012) and 3-5 years (born on or between January 23, 2009 to January 23, 2011).
- Photographs are taken and entered into the T&A Happy Tots competition free of charge.