Cannabis found at Shipley flat fire

Cannabis plants were found after firefighters tackled a blaze at a flat on Central Avenue in Shipley at 10.15am yesterday.

Crews from Shipley and Idle stations discovered the drug after putting out flames in a bedroom of a second-floor flat.

A man, 38, and a 25-year-old woman escaped from the flat and were treated for smoke inhalation by firefighters and paramedics.

A fire service spokesman said the blaze started when a fan overheated and set some clothing alight. The bedroom was badly damaged and the rest of the flat was smoke-logged.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree