Electric blanket sparks Shipley house fire

First published in News Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , T&A Reporter

An electric blanket led to the bedroom of a Shipley house being set ablaze.

Firefighters from Bradford and Shipley fire stations attended the fire on Aireville Rise at 6.20am today. Although there were no injuries, those in attendance described the fire as “quite serious” and it required two firefighters in breathing gear to enter the bedroom to tackle the blaze.

They said it was caused by an electric blanket being left switched on.

The property did have smoke alarms, but they were not in a working order.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree