Firefighters tackle cistern blaze in Eccleshill house

Firefighters tackle cistern blaze in house

Firefighters tackle cistern blaze in house

First published in News

Firefighters were called after a blaze started in a cistern at a house in Eccleshill this evening.

Crews from Idle went to the property on Leeds Road at about 7pm after being called by the householders.

A spokesman for the station said the fire was confined to the cupboard on the landing where the cistern was. He added that the upstairs of the semi-detached house was filled with smoke.

The cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical fault, said the spokesman.

The couple in the property were not injured.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree