Three flee blaze at their home

Three flee blaze at their home

Three flee blaze at their home

First published in News

A woman and two children escaped without injury from a house fire in Bradford.

The blaze involved a tumble dryer in an airing cupboard at a house in Denbrook Close, off Tong Street, Tong, at just after 7.30pm on Tuesday.

Fire crews from Bradford and Odsal were called out.

Fire crews also requested a fire emergency support service vehicle, run by the Red Cross, to give help to the family.

The fire started in an airing cupboard on the stairs of the house and the three residents were outside when firefighters arrived.

Crew commander Ian Turner said: “All of the people in the house were fine.There was a fair bit of smoke damage to the house.

“The lady saw the smoke coming from the tumble dryer she was using at the time and acted quickly.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree