Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
No more action on 'poison' shop fear in Bradford
7:46pm Thursday 27th February 2014 in News
Police investigating the possible poisoning of a Bradford shop assistant are to take no further action after new evidence came to light.
The 23-year-old woman was rushed to hospital after apparently suffering a violent reaction to a drink, and was initially in a critical condition. She is now out of hospital.
The Boots chemist store in Darley Street, Bradford city centre, where the woman worked, was sealed off for five hours for forensic investigations after she collapsed at home.
Officers were examining a soft drinks bottle she had taken to work.
Police have kept an open mind on the cause of her illness, but had not ruled out poisoning. They are still awaiting the results of hospital tests.
Detective Superintendent Simon Beldon, of Protective Services (Crime), said: “Officers have now spoken to the woman, who has since been discharged from hospital and continues to recover at home.
“Following further evidence which satisfies the investigating team that no criminal acts have been committed, the investigation is now closed.”