BRADFORD (Park Avenue) battled hard to produce a superb second-half comeback on a heavy pitch to secure a second win in the North East Regional Women’s League Southern Division.

The first half at Hepworth United saw Bradford have more of the possession, and play their best football this season, but a freak deflection and a good finish meant a 2-0 deficit at half-time.

Ash Butler and Millie West had shots saved after the break, but Kirsty Russell-Holt scored two good goals either side of Nic Chamberlain’s 40-yard free-kick, as it finished 3-2 to Avenue.

Bradford City Reserves came from behind to earn a 3-3 draw against Barnsley Reserves in the FA Women's National League Reserve Northern Division.

It was their first point of the season, and came courtesy of goals from Ellie Edwards, Amelia White and Jess Dunlop.

Up in the FAWNL Division One North, Brighouse Town drew 0-0 with Newcastle United.

Back in the North East Regional League, Farsley Celtic came back from 2-1 down at half-time to record their first Premier Division win of the season, beating Sheffield Wednesday 5-2.

Elsewhere, Thackley Reserves posted their first win in the West Riding County Women's League Second Division.

After controlling the first half of their game against Amaranth Crossgates, Hope Nicol’s hat-trick and an excellent finish by Megan Schofield gave the Dennygirls’ second string a 4-0 victory.

Tyersal had a tough match, but stuck to their gameplan for a second successive win in the First Division.

A tight contest against Huddersfield Amateur was decided by Jamie Lukacs’ second-half strike.

Skipton Town’s Jess Ogden was on target at Morley, but her team ended up on the wrong end of an 8-1 scoreline.

Queensbury Celtic suffered their first Yorkshire Under-18 Girls League defeat.

Norristhorpe went 2-0 up, before Elisha Waters’ brace and Katie Waters’ free-kick put Queensbury in front at half-time.

However, visitors Norristhorpe ran riot after the break, and scored three more to win 5-3.