DESPITE blustery conditions, there was no lack of goals in last Sunday's games.

Phœnix hosted a WRCWFL First Division double bill against Skipton Town.

In the first game, Skipton won 4-1.

They raced to a 3-0 half-time lead through Harriet Brewer, Corina Riley and Jess Ogden.

Although, Phœnix did have a good ten-minute spell near the end reducing the arrears with a good free-kick from Zanib Taj allowing skipper Iqra Ali to score a well-deserved consolation.

The second game saw Phoenix live up to their name as they won 6-1.

Husna Zaman put the home side in front before Harriet Brewer levelled matters soon after.

From then on in, Phœnix were virtually unstoppable netting on five more occasions.

Henna Sadiq bagged a double while Iqra Ali also got two including a 35-yard screamer.

Amina Ali was on target too for her rampant side.

The pair of results leave Phoenix in eight and Town in fifth.

Silsden are through to the WRCWFL Shield Final after a close 1-0 victory over Farsley Junior reserves.

Farsley's second string team held out for 80 minutes before Dragons' skipper Sophie Fagan-Gaines' goal settled the semi-final.

In the Premier division, a good performance saw Thackley beat Leeds Medics and Dentists 3-1.

The hosts were in complete control and came through with goals from Megan Butterworth and Tara Kirby putting their side two goals to the good at half-time.

A competitive second period drew strong saves from both keepers before a Tara Kirby strike all but finished the contest.

The result means the victors are now three points clear of the Medics.

In the Regional Premier, Farsley Celtic took a two goal lead at Hartlepool after a quick-fire brace of free-kicks from Adèle Jackson.

However, the Celts' unbeaten run came to an end after 'Pools' own trio of free kicks gave the hosts the points and meant they overtook their opponents into second.

In National League One, Leeds United won 1-0 at Chorley and Brighouse Town drew 1-1 at Newcastle United thanks to Emma Dobson.