GRAHAM Alexander has seen the good, the bad and a bit of the ugly in his first 100 days at the Valley Parade helm.

But Alexander reaches three figures in the City hot-seat tomorrow on the back of one of his most satisfying results so far.

After a seven-week famine comes the feast of two league victories in four days as fortunes start to swing the other way again.

Back-to-back wins over two sides in the play-offs places have suddenly made it look a different picture.

And how he must have enjoyed this one – whatever he says about holding no grudge against the team that showed him the door after only 16 games.

The night was over as a contest just six minutes into the second half. City’s emphatic work was done and the season continues to stir into life.

Kevin McDonald, player/manager for City’s 4-1 thumping at Stadium MK, was back in central midfield alongside Richie Smallwood. Alex Gilliead continued at left wing-back for the injured Lewis Richards.

The other change from Saturday saw Clarke Oduor get the nod over Harry Chapman on the right of the front three. It would prove an inspired selection.

City were determined to show the excellent result at Wrexham had been no flash in the pan – and they sure did that.

Alexander’s former employers fielded third-choice Nathan Harness in goal with Filip Marschall injured and Michael Kelly missing for personal reasons.

The state of the pitch again made for a real test but MK Dons tried to keep passing where possible in the early exchanges.

It was City, though, who struck first thanks to a stunning strike from an unexpected source.

Matty Platt had been a busy figure defensively but he popped up at the other end on 15 minutes to sensational effect.

Oduor played in a low ball from the right that Jon Tomkinson kept alive and laid back to fellow centre half Platt to take a touch and then drill past Harness from just inside the box.

The visitors continued to play out from the back, a brave move given the surface, and it needed a burst of pace from Tomkinson to prevent them releasing striker Emre Tezgel from a well-worked move.

MK Dons did not appear ruffled by falling behind as they enjoyed most of the ball.

But they were again picked off by a deadly City counter on 36 minutes.

Andy Cook swept the ball into the path of Oduor who only had one thing on his mind as he cut inside. His low shot beat Harness and struck the near post – with Calum Kavanagh first to the rebound to gleefully claim his first City goal from a yard out.

The Bantams still had to be wary after McDonald gave up a free-kick in a dangerous spot 25 yards out.

Jack Payne, with three successive goals against his former loan club, stepped up to curl it over the wall but Sam Walker dived to push behind.

The visitors finished the first half with 73 per cent possession but City had been the clinical ones.

But any worries of an MK response were swept away by a sensational start to the second half.

Brad Halliday’s cross was headed against the woodwork by Alex Gilliead but Cook was on hand to slam home his 15th goal of the campaign.

Then MK lost possession from the kick-off as Cook intercepted Warren O’Hara’s pass and, after his shot was blocked, Oduor latched onto the loose ball to finish with aplomb.

Alex Gilbey jabbed a close-range attempt wide as MK appealed in vain for a penalty.

But the crowd were loving the rare luxury of being so far ahead - even if Smallwood’s booking means he now faces a two-game ban.

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Clarke Oduor converts the fourth goal in the second halfClarke Oduor converts the fourth goal in the second half (Image: Thomas Gadd.)

Referee Ollie Yates took some of the fun out of the evening with his officious – and seemingly one-way – card-waving.

MK tried in vain for the scantest of consolations but Walker was in no mood for charity and made a fine stop with his legs to keep out Stephen Wearne.

There was so much to savour for fans who had last tasted a league win at Valley Parade against Accrington in November. When did you last hear a chorus of “ole” ring around the stadium?

Four draws and a defeat since that previous three points had sucked a lot of the joy out of attending BD8. But what a way to kick off this run of home games.

Another victory against rock-bottom Sutton at the weekend and those who had written it all off for the season, for the play-offs anyway, may have to start to think again.