SIMON Grayson admits it has been a "weird" wait for his first Valley Parade game as City boss.

It will be four weeks since he took the club hot-seat by the time his side host MK Dons on Saturday.

The Portsmouth postponement followed the rearrangement of the Wigan home game because of Paul Cook's side's continued involvement in the FA Cup.

Grayson had no argument with the call to call off last weekend's game because of the snow – but it has meant for a disjointed start to his Bantams tenure.

He said: "It's quite weird, to be fair. But we've still got plenty of home games to come and we'll enjoy it when it comes around on Saturday. Hopefully it will be the start of some positive results at Valley Parade.

"Obviously in the circumstances it was right that the Portsmouth game was called off. You can't put people in any jeopardy and risk injuring anybody.

"With the pitch being as it is before the snow coming, to play on it would have probably made it ten times worse for the remainder of the season."

The MK Dons clash kicks off a hectic finish to the League One campaign for City, who face 12 games in the final eight weeks.

Yet Grayson is confident they can use the busy schedule to build up momentum in the chase for a play-off spot.

"You want games to be coming thick and fast because you want to build results," he said.

"The focus is now on MK Dons and hopefully we can start building something positive again."

Meanwhile, the Telegraph & Argus understands City once knocked back a bid from Everton for teenage goalkeeping prospect George Sykes-Kenworthy.

The Premier League side made a £50,000 offer in 2013. But with the money generated from the historic run to the Capital One Cup final that season, the Bantams were in a strong position to hang on to their young asset.

Now 18, Sykes-Kenworthy this week signed his first professional contract in a deal that will tie him to Valley Parade for the next two years.

Head of recruitment Greg Abbott said: "We must thank the youth team and academy staff for the work they have done with George over the years to get him to this stage and ready for this step up into the senior squad.

"We've given George a two-year deal as it is obviously harder for a goalkeeper to get first-team opportunities, so we have given him an extra year to try and establish himself."

Sykes-Kenworthy has been involved with City since joining the academy at under-eights level. He has played regularly this season in the under-18s but has also appeared for the development squad in the Central League.

He was on the senior bench at Yeovil in the FA Cup in January when Colin Doyle and Rouven Sattelmaier were both out injured.