BRADFORD & Bingley crashed to a 41-26 defeat at Consett in North One East.

There remain five games on the Bees' schedule after this one, and those games may serve as a springboard to next season as coaches, Anthony Posa and Hugh Gumbs, weigh up their playing resources.

The Bees showed they can still get the ball over the whitewash, collecting a 16th bonus point in 21 games for scoring four or more tries.

When debutant Marcus Law added his name to the scoresheet in the 70th minute, became the 22nd different player to score a try for the Bees from the 36 players who have played this season.

Unfortunately for the Bees, Law's try was part of a late rally which was far too late to have any real impact on the result as the home side had been able to gallop away to a 34-5 advantage by the 56th minute.

A yellow card awarded against a home player around the hour mark seemed to be the catalyst for the Bees' revival as Mat Cochrane and skipper Tom Booth also crossed for tries in the final 10 minutes.

Lance Taylor slotted a couple of conversions in that period, despite sporting a slightly reconfigured nose, having had to leave the field for attention in the 24th minute for attention to his face after a collision.

Alex Keeton was another Bees player who received a blow to the face in the first-half, and the front rower's broken nose may be severe enough to put him out of this week's upcoming fixture against Morley.

Keeton left the contest in the 12th minute but the home side were already 10 points to the good by that stage, having crossed first in the eighth minute via Liam Cosgrove.

Dougie Patterson improved that score with a conversion and then slotted a penalty to bring up 10 points on the scoreboard almost as Keeton was leaving the field.

Ryan Wederell got over the whitewash in the 21st minute but Taylor could not add the extras, but as soon as Consett got the ball back from the kick off they were celebrating a score at the Bees end of the field as Chris Gray dotted down.

The same pattern continued after the restart and the home side soon added two further scores, one converted by Patterson, to establish a 34-5.

With 24 minutes left on the clock, the 29-point advantage to the hosts looked to be too much of a hill to climb.

So it proved to be, as the visitors had the better of the final stages and restored some pride with three tries in the final 10 minutes.