A YOUTHFUL Queensbury side succumbed to a 32-10 defeat at title favourites Bentley despite a spirited performance.

Eight of the side named for Bury's Yorkshire Men's League Premier Division visit to competition heavyweights Bentley were aged 19 and under.

Field position was at a premium for the visitors, with Bury resorting to last-tackle pressure-relieving kicks.

The game was scoreless until the Doncaster-based side struck a quick brace and opened up an early 10-0 scoreline.

Bury's first real attack in the hosts' 20-metre zone resulted in an excellent try for Luke Doyle after a smart chip through, with the extras delivered by Scott Swann.

There was another quick-fire double late in the half for Bentley which took the game to 20-6 heading into the break.

Queensbury were down to 14 thanks to injuries, but the young charges ripped into the opposition in the second half.

They were unfortunate not to score from two excellent turnover sets.

Then, in the 65th minute, Bentley hit a cross-field kick which was collected and put down to extend the score. Another try was added shortly after which pushed the score to 32-6.

But the Queensbury spirit never dropped, which meant they had the last word in the game through Scott Swann with a try.

The scoreline finished at 32-10, but Scottish U19 captain Jack McMillan put in an assured display to earn the man of the match award for Queensbury.

There is now a short break for Bury, who welcome West Hull to Asa Briggs on June 1.

Elsewhere, Brighouse Rangers smashed Oulton Raiders away from home by 46-22 to keep in touch with Division One leaders Elland, who also won.

There was a glut of try-scorers for the visitors, with only Allen Carr getting his name of the scoresheet twice.

The other tries came courtesy of Lewis Taylor, Andrew Esmond, William Clerehugh, Ben Waud, Doug Heseltine and Samuel Hardcastle, while Karl Frankland converted seven out of eight.

In Division Two, Keighley Albion took a trip to Goole Vikings where they just lost out 26-22.

The sides' conversion tallies were neck and neck at three, but an extra try for Goole did the business.