ALBION Sports benefitted nicely from neighbours and title rivals Thackley and Campion drawing 1-1 at Dennyfield on Saturday.

While a scrappy Bradford derby ended all square, Albion beat Pickering Town 2-1 at Horsfall in the most extraordinary of circumstances.

Two goals for the hosts in injury-time turned the game on its head, as they snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, and now sit just three points off the summit of the Northern Counties East League Premier Division.

Former Bradford (Park Avenue) player Wayne Brooksby finished off a counter-attack with a fine strike midway through the first half for Pickering and they took that lead into the break, with Lewis Waddington seeing his ‘equaliser’ ruled out for offside on 42 minutes.

Albion started the second half well, with Robbie Fox going close twice, but they also lost Callum Hill to the sin-bin for 10 minutes.

He returned to the field midway through the second half and just a few minutes later, Pickering had Jamie Thornton sent off for a straight red card, following a poor tackle on Helmo Silva.

Connor Avison was then dismissed for Pickering too, a late challenge from him deemed worthy of red rather than yellow.

That left Pickering down to nine men on 83 minutes and Albion took full advantage.

The visitors had already survived a scramble in their own box, but they conceded a minute into second-half stoppage time when skipper Aran Basi headed home at the back post.

Two minutes later, Fox crashed home a dramatic winner for Albion, with the turnaround completed.

With Emley on County Cup duty, Campion knew a point would take them back to the top of the table, but they would have been disappointed not to take all three at Thackley.

The visitors hit the front on 35 minutes, when Marcus Day turned home Stevie Crawford’s corner at the near post.

But in a niggly game full of yellow cards and few chances, Thackley equalised with 15 minutes to go, as new signing Marcus Edwards headed Ben Ellison-Tope’s cross into the net.

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Marcus Edwards (16) has made an immediate impression at Thackley, with this fine header securing a point against Campion.Marcus Edwards (16) has made an immediate impression at Thackley, with this fine header securing a point against Campion. (Image: Martin Taylor.)

A chaotic injury-time saw Nicky Boshell have a Campion winner ruled out for offside, while the hosts were furious to have their protests waved away when Ellison-Tope was seemingly brought down when through on goal.

Eccleshill United’s game at Garforth Town was postponed thanks to a waterlogged pitch, while the same fate befell Silsden, who were due to host Handsworth.

Steeton’s match at Daisy Hill in the North West Counties Football League First Division North was also off due to the weather, as was the game of their tenants, Route One Rovers, who were meant to be at New Mills in the Macron Cup second round.

Liversedge saw rain put paid to their Northern Premier League East Division clash at home to Grimsby Borough, while divisional rivals Brighouse Town were left wishing they had had Saturday off too.

Vill Powell’s men lost 3-0 at Carlton Town, with Niall Davie netting a second half hat-trick. The defeat keeps Brig down in 13th.

A brilliant game between FC United of Manchester and Guiseley in the North-West ended 3-2 to the hosts, who won the game with a last-minute penalty.

Joe Stacey and Prince Ekpolo scored the Lions’ goals.

Finally, a rotated Farsley Celtic side lost 4-2 at home to Radcliffe in the FA Trophy second round, Ben Atkinson’s penalty and Jordan Carroll’s goal not enough to prevent a defeat.