ALBION Sports’ fine FA Cup run is over after a 2-1 defeat at Hyde United in the second qualifying round.

Having beaten Burscough, Billingham and Brighouse to get to this stage, this game proved a step too far for the Bradford side.

Goakeeper Stephen Fearnley was outstanding in goal for the visitors, but two goals in a minute just after the hour mark for Hyde proved the difference.

Lewis Waddington halved the deficit late on, but Albion were unable to find a second goal to force a replay.

Farsley Celtic, like Bradford (Park Avenue), have earned a replay following a 1-1 draw at home to Scarborough Athletic, Ben Atkinson scoring the West Yorkshire side’s goal from the penalty spot.

Though Albion were in cup action, their Northern Counties East League Premier Division rivals were fighting for three points.

Silsden got them late on to stay top of the table.

They dominated at lowly Bottesford Town and took a first-half lead through Isaac Baldwin, only for their hosts to equalise just after the break against the run of play.

But Casey Stewart netted a last-gasp winner to send the Cobbydalers home happy.

Thackley also left it late, but made it three wins on the spin at home to Hallam.

Danny Claridge netted twice for the Dennyboys, securing victory with his 87th minute strike, with Edson Prata also on target for the home side.

Eccleshill United took the lead in their game at Frickley Athletic through Lamin Janneh, but the hosts levelled just after the hour mark before scoring an injury-time winner to break the hearts of the Bradford side.

Marcus Day and Nicky Boshell put Campion 2-1 up on Friday night at Garforth Town, but the home side hit back to win 4-2.

Goals from Musa Jallow and Zakariya Khan were not enough for Route One Rovers in the North West Counties Football League First Division North, as they lost 4-2 at home to Bacup Borough, having lost Jordan Spencer to a first-half red card for an off-the-ball incident.

Marley Blair, Alex Wollerton and Jack Dyche were on target for Liversedge in a thrilling 3-2 win over Sheffield in the Northern Premier League East Division, but Brighouse were beaten 3-0 at Stocksbridge Park Steels.

Guiseley were not in action at the weekend, but are looking for a new manager after Paul Phillips left by mutual consent on Friday.