ALBION Sports have made it into the FA Cup second qualifying round after a sensational 4-2 win at near-neighbours Brighouse Town.

Brig are in the division above, but they were blown away by Albion inside the first hour of the game.

Robbie Fox netted twice to sandwich a Thomas Ponter goal, with the former completing his hat-trick midway through the second half.

Alexander Phillipson and Mo Qasim hit back with goals for Brighouse and Albion did pick up a late red card, but it was not enough to stop the visitors from progressing, with them drawn to face Hyde United away from home in the next round.

Guiseley could only draw 0-0 at home to Marine and now must try and win the replay tomorrow, with whoever goes through playing Spennymoor Town away from home.

In the Northern Counties East League Premier Division, Eccleshill United picked up just their second league win of the season.

Early goals from Brice Ghussein and Alexander Laird were enough to secure a 2-1 home win over Knaresborough Town.

Thackley were also at home, but they lost 2-1 to a strong Maltby Main side, a late Liam Hudson volley proving little consolation.

Ten-man Silsden, who had Jacob Smith sent off for two bookable offences, still managed to secure a 2-1 win over Hallam, thanks to goals from Spencer Harris and Ellis Hudson.

Route One Rovers have hit a bump in the road after a bright start in the North West Counties Football League First Division North, and were beaten 3-1 at home to Atherton LR, scoring their only goal late on through Zakariya Khan.

Steeton were left ruing missed opportunities at West Yorkshire rivals Shelley.

Josh Walne and Mo Farhan Subhani gave the Chevrons the lead on two separate occasions, but Shelley fought back to claim a 3-2 win.

Struggling Liversedge enjoyed a fine 2-0 win at Hebburn Town in the Northern Premier League East Division.

The victory was all the more impressive given defender Kurt Harris had to go in goal late in the first half, after an injury to visiting keeper Jordan Porter.

Late strikes from Isaac Assenso and Simon Heslop ensured victory for Sedge.

In National League North, Farsley Celtic drew 0-0 at home to King’s Lynn Town. The Celts enter the next round of the FA Cup too, where they will host Scarborough Athletic.