BRADFORD side Route One Rovers were involved in a second seven-goal thriller in seven days in midweek, but this time it was they who completed an extraordinary comeback

Having thrown a 3-1 against Ilkley Town last Monday in the final five minutes, they gained revenge for that this time around on their poor unsuspecting visitors from Cumbria, Holker Old Boys.

After Sinmi Oyebanji had given Route One an early lead in the North West Counties Football League First Division North clash, Holker equalised on the stroke of half-time.

A further two goals looked to have put the Cumbrians out of sight with 12 minutes to go, but Anees Younis’ penalty quickly gave Rovers hope.

The Bradford side equalised through Zak Khan, before Mohammed Hasnain netted a dramatic 89th minute winner.

Both Route One and Steeton are riding high in the top half of that division after positive starts, Steeton picking up a decent point at Ilkley Town in midweek with a 1-1 draw, Raeece Ellington grabbing their goal.

Thackley were at Silsden for a derby clash in the Northern Counties East League Premier Division.

It was the Cobbydalers who came out on top, as goals from Casey Stewart and Ellis Hudson sandwiched a strike from Thackley player/joint-manager Tom Greaves.

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Aidan Chippendale (red) opens so many doors for Thackley on the pitch, but he was unable to help his side fashion an equaliser at Silsden.Aidan Chippendale (red) opens so many doors for Thackley on the pitch, but he was unable to help his side fashion an equaliser at Silsden. (Image: Martin Taylor.)

Albion Sports were in action at home to Maltby Main last night, but unfortunately the game was abandoned after only 20 minutes after a visiting player suffered a broken leg.

Over in the Northern Premier League East Division, Brighouse Town followed up their 4-4 draw on the opening day, with a 3-3 at home to North Ferriby.

Brig took the lead in the opening minute through Bradford City loanee Sam Bentley, and though Ferriby soon equalised, a Mo Qasim penalty gave the hosts the lead once again.

A spot-kick for the visitors levelled the scores, before they went in front moments before the break.

But a North Ferriby player was sent off in the second half, and Ashley Butterworth grabbed a late equaliser for Brighouse.

Liversedge, like Bradford (Park Avenue) in the division above, are struggling following relegation, and they lost 3-0 for the second game in a row, this time against Stocksbridge Park Steels.

Guiseley suffered a disappointing 3-1 home defeat to Whitby Town in the NPL Premier Division, with Tom Denton’s second-half strike merely a consolation.

Farsley Celtic snatched a 1-1 draw against South Shields in National League North, Ben Atkinson scoring a last-gasp penalty after former Bantams striker Clayton Donaldson had been felled in the box.