ALBION Sports lost 6-0 to Liversedge in the semi-finals of the West Riding County Cup on Wednesday.

Albion got the first shot of the game in the third minute, but the Liversedge keeper stopped it.

The Albion defence was put to the test as Liversedge pressed but George Clarke made a stop with his feet in the seventh minute.

After Albion's Al Hassan was asked by the referee to leave the pitch in the 14th minute, Albion had to defend with ten men.

Ollie Russon then cleared a Liversedge corner at the near post but in the 16th minute Liversedge made it 1-0 when Jack Steers tapped in a header that rebounded off the woodwork.

Eight minutes later, Albion conceded a second as Liversedge's Joe Walton's looped a header over the keeper.

Hassan came back on the pitch and attempted a shot that went wide in the 30th minute.

Liversedge then made it 3-0 in the 36th minute. Niall Heaton's throw was flicked on by Walton allowing Paul Walker to tap home.

Seven minutes after the break, Liversedge made it 4-0 when Whitham set up Allott who fired home.

With 60 minutes gone, Russons cleared another corner.

Four minutes later, Liversedge won a free-kick. Albion cleared it but Heaton was on hand to tap it in making it 5-0.

In the 70th minute, Russons was involved again firing a fantastic shot at goal but the keeper saved it with his foot.

Livesedge finished the scoring when winger Whitham scored in the 81st minute to make it 6-0.

Brighouse Town won 4-0 against Farsley Celtic in the other West Riding County Cup semi-final.

Jack Boyle got Town off to a quick start with a goal in the second minute.

Eleven minutes later, Town were awarded a penalty and Laurence Sorhaindo converted from the spot.

Sorhaindo (pictured above) scored his second goal in the 59th minute to put Town 3-0 up.

Five minutes later, Brighouse sealed victory when Sorhaindo headed home to complete his hat-trick.

Brig have added to their ranks ahead of the weekend too, bringing in Michael Acquah on a 2 week work experience from Huddersfield Town's academy.

Silsden were also in action on Tuesday evening in the NCEL Premier Division, but they went down to a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Sherwood Colliery.

Sherwood sealed the victory with two late goals. Brad Riley scored Silsden's only goal.

Silsden are having to cope with the loss of long-serving defender Mark Everingham, who has departed after five years at the club.