ALBION Sports produced a vital victory in their battle against the drop on Saturday, coming from behind to beat visiting Knaresborough Town 3-1 in the NCEL Premier Division.

Albion went 1-0 down early on to a goal from Sean Hunter in what was a tense opening, but then former Campion and Silsden striker Mo Qasim netted twice in five minutes to put the hosts in front before the break.

Home skipper Aran Basi almost netted with a spectacular overhead kick, but then moments later, he did score after all, making it 3-1 on the hour mark.

Knaresborough were left furious when Colin Heath's header was ruled out for offside, with the general consensus within the ground being that that was the wrong decision.

Another controversial offside call against Sean Hunter in the last 10 minutes saw Knaresborough manager Rob Hunter lose his cool, and he was sent off.

With that, the visitors were sunk, and Albion's win takes them five points clear of the drop, and just three points behind fourth-bottom Knaresborough.

Albion are back in action on Wednesday night, as they host Liversedge in the West Riding County Cup semi-final.

Eccleshill United suffered a bitter blow in their game at promotion rivals Garforth Town, conceding a 90th minute goal to Charlie Marshall to lose 1-0.

Ben Grech-Brooksbank headed Thackley in front early on at home to Bottesford Town, but Mason Ellender's penalty soon levelled the scores.

Thomas Rose and Chris Lever netted either side of the break to give the Dennyboys a 3-1 lead, with Craig Bridge's late goal a mere consolation for the visitors.

Silsden were beaten 1-0 at home to AFC Mansfield, thanks to an early goal from Luke Walker.

In the NWCFL First Division North, Campion are now just three points above the provisional relegation zone, after they lose 2-0 at home to fellow strugglers Daisy Hill. Connor Hughes scored twice for the visitors.

Toby Jeffrey's penalty just after the hour mark was the merest of consolations for lowly Steeton at Cleator Moor Celtic, as they were hammered 5-1.

In the NPL East Division, Brighouse Town drew 0-0 at Pontefract Collieries, while Liversedge secured a play-off spot, and continued their title push, with a thumping 4-0 win at Dunston.

Lewis Whitham grabbed a brace for Sedge, while Joe Walton and Declan Bacon also netted for the visitors, who were scintillating in attack.

In National League North, Guiseley remain second-bottom after a 1-0 home defeat to Boston United.

They are now just a point above the drop and basement side Farsley Celtic, who drew 0-0 at Alfreton Town.

Farsley play again tomorrow night in the West Riding County Cup semis, at home to Brighouse Town.