ECCLESHILL United suffered a disastrous day in the NCEL Premier Division on Saturday, sliding to a 4-1 home defeat against in-form Winterton Rangers.

Incredibly, the Bradford side conceded within the opening 20 seconds, with Josh Walker capitalising on a defensive mix-up to score.

Jack Varley headed home a Paul Grimes corner to make it 2-0 midway through the first half, but Eccleshill grabbed a lifeline when Zackary Sangster halved the deficit a minute before the break.

The hosts were still right in the game with 15 minutes to go, but then Ed Wilczynski spilled Varley's strike, with Josh Walker on hand to turn home the rebound.

And it was Daniel Walker who put the icing on the cake with 10 minutes to go, firing home after Wilczynski had made the initial save from Jamie Ture's effort.

Grimsby Borough now look a good bet to go up as champions, after they won 8-0 at Athersley Recreation, but that defeat drops Eccleshill to third, and outside the promotion spots.

At the other end of the table, Albion Sports stay two points clear of the drop zone.

Their game at Barton Town was called off due to a waterlogged pitch, but thankfully, relegation rivals Hemsworth Miners Welfare lost 4-2 against Maltby Main.

Silsden's home game with Penistone Church survived a late pitch inspection, and they salvaged a point thanks to Jos Bradshaw's late goal in a 1-1 draw.

That put them two points clear of Thackley in mid-table, with the Dennyboys losing 2-0 at home to high-flying Sherwood Colliery.

Campion faced promotion contenders Golcar United on Friday night in the NWCFL First Division North, with the game part of the league's Groundhop weekend.

They went 3-0 down just after the break, but Jake Maltby pulled one back on the hour mark, before Nicky Boshell got Campion's second with five minutes left.

Sadly, the Red and Blacks could not score a third and make it a comeback for the ages.

Steeton were in action on Sunday morning as part of Groundhop weekend, and their 2-1 home win over Ashton Town put them a point ahead of Campion and on the brink of safety.

In a fiery game which saw Ashton's Ethan Van-Eston dismissed for use of an elbow and Steeton's Andy Briggs red carded for a poor tackle, the home side came from behind to win, thanks to two long-range beauties from Toby Jeffrey and Jordan Townend.

Liversedge lost ground in the NPL East Division title race. They lost skipper Jack Stockdill to a late red card and could only draw 0-0 at play-off chasing Stockton Town.

That allowed leaders Marske United to go three points clear at the summit, as they won 3-0 at mid-table Brighouse Town.

In National League North, second-bottom Guiseley's game at Kettering Town was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

But they remain two points clear of the drop zone, after rock-bottom Farsley Celtic slipped to a 2-1 home defeat against Spennymoor Town.