ALBION Sports have defied the odds to reach the West Riding County Cup semi-finals, after stunning Guiseley last night.

The gripping game at The Citadel ended 2-2, and went straight to penalties.

Lewis Hey's spot-kick was saved and Regan Hutchinson crashed his against the crossbar, leaving Robbie Fox to seal a 4-2 victory for Albion in the shootout.

National League North Guiseley had a young side out, but it was full of first-team regulars.

And they were stunned after 10 minutes when Kamron Basi gave the hosts the lead by bundling the ball home from close range at the back post following a scramble.

It did not take the Lions long to hit back, equalising within 60 seconds through Adam Haw, who took the ball around the goalkeeper and knocked it into the empty net.

Just before the break, Haw found space once again, drawing the keeper before slotting the ball home for his second of the match.

But Guiseley could not finish their NCEL Premier Division opponents off, and Jamal Stewart equalised from close range with 11 minutes to go.

That took the game to a shootout, and with their four perfect penalties, it was Albion, who are second-bottom in their league, who progressed into the last-four.

Liversedge also had a surprise quarter-final victory, beating a young FC Halifax Town side 6-3 in a remarkable match.

Hosts Sedge started the game like a house on fire, with an Alfie Raw penalty, a Lewis Whitham screamer, and a tidy Ollie Fearon finish putting them 3-0 up in the opening 17 minutes.

But Halifax, even with a largely second-string side out, are still a strong outfit, and they pulled it back to 3-2 after 35 minutes with a Zak Dearnley header and a neat turn and finish from Gerry McDonagh.

Whitham volleyed Sedge 4-2 up just before the break, but Jamie Thomas pulled the visitors back to within one when he converted a penalty after 57 minutes.

Sedge were dominating though, and they made it 5-3 through a second penalty from Raw on 72 minutes.

Fearon wrapped the game up with a lucky sixth, scoring when he challenged the defender in front of goal.

After their surprise victories, Albion and Sedge have joined Brighouse Town and Farsley Celtic in the last four.

The draw has just been made for those semi-finals, with Albion to host Sedge, and Farsley to entertain Brighouse.

There was a league game last night too in Bradford, and it was a big one, as mid-table Thackley hosted second-placed Eccleshill United in the NCEL Premier Division.

It was a quiet first half, with the visitors awarded two penalties, before they were rescinded for offsides, and Thackley keeper Ethan Krabbendan making a couple of decent saves.

Andy Cooper put Eccleshill in front a minute into the second half with a low shot from range that snuck into the bottom corner, but the Eagles suffered disaster a few moments later when their keeper Ed Wilczynski was sent off for bringing down Thackley striker Chris Lever.

Visiting striker Jonny Irving had to go in goal for Eccleshill but the Dennyboys failed to take advantage, with Owen Murphy missing two gilt-edged chances and Lewis Waddington lobbing over the bar.

Instead it was Eccleshill who wrapped the game up when a long ball fell kindly for substitute Luke Aldrich, who beat Krabbendan when in one-on-one.

The win takes the Eagles just three points behind leaders Grimsby Borough.