ECCLESHILL United continue to falter in their push for the NCEL Premier Division title, following up a 1-1 home draw with Barton Town last time out with a shock 3-1 defeat at lowly Knaresborough Town on Saturday.

The Eagles dominated early on, and forced Jamie Hassall into a great save after his defenders missed a long throw.

But Knaresborough took the lead moments later, as new signing Danny Edwards fired the ball beyond Ed Wilczynski from the edge of the box.

Gregg Anderson glanced a header inches wide and Edwards hit one just past the post as Town looked to add a second.

But Hassall was on hand to make another superb stop just before half-time to keep the hosts in front.

Eccleshill equalised 10 minutes into the second half. The final touch from Ben Bodle’s corner came off Knaresborough’s Craig Hall, with the ball going in via the crossbar.

But Knaresborough went back in front when Bradley Walker scored with a brilliant diving header at the back post.

Eccleshill missed a couple of great chances in the last 15 minutes, clearing the crossbar with one and seeing the other again denied by the superb Hassall.

And Knaresborough subsequently put the game to bed with six minutes to go, as Edwards’ flick-on found Tom Dugdale.

He rounded Wilczynski and slotted the ball home to secure his side the three points.

Leaders Grimsby Borough drew 1-1 at Sherwood Colliery to extend their lead at the summit over second-placed Eccleshill to six points, with only the title winners guaranteed promotion.

At the bottom, Albion Sports suffered a disastrous 2-0 home defeat against relegation rivals Emley, courtesy of George Doyle’s second-half brace.

Even worse, second-bottom Hemsworth Miners won 4-2 against Staveley Miners Welfare, moving them out of the drop zone and plunging Albion into it.

Thackley ensured it was not a totally miserable day for the Bradford sides in that division.

Frankie Sinfield put them ahead directly from a corner at AFC Mansfield, before the hosts had Liam Marsden sent off for kicking Lewis Waddington.

Waddington and Ben Grech-Brooksbank put Thackley 3-0 up, before Lewis Weaver pulled one back right on half-time.

Incredibly, Lynton Karkach and Luke Walker dragged the 10-man hosts back level with 20 minutes to go, but late goals from Thomas Rose and Owen Murphy eventually sealed a thrilling 5-3 win for Thackley.

Silsden lost 2-1 at home to fellow mid-table side Winterton Rangers, Jack Normanton getting their late consolation goal.

In the NWCFL First Division North, there was no game for Campion, but Steeton were bludgeoned 5-1 at promotion contenders Holker Old Boys, Luke Baldwin grabbing the Chevrons’ consolation.

Leaders Liversedge had their game at Stockton Town in the NPL East Division called off due to bad weather, meaning Marske United closed the gap at the top to one point with their 2-1 win over Stocksbridge Park Steels.

Brighouse Town did play, and they secured an excellent 1-0 win at play-off chasing Worksop Town thanks to a late Shiraz Khan goal.