ECCLESHILL United produced a comeback for the ages on Saturday, beating Staveley Miners Welfare 4-3 to keep up their NCEL Premier Division title challenge.

Hosts Staveley went 3-0 up in the first 10 minutes, and it stayed that way until the break, but Zack Sangster’s effort for Eccleshill two minutes into the second half made the game interesting.

Luke Aldrich grabbed a second for the Eagles with 17 minutes to go, before the hosts wasted a great chance to put the game to bed when they missed a penalty.

That proved disastrous for them. Aldrich equalised after 86 minutes, before completing a sensational hat-trick with an injury-time winner.

Eccleshill stay second, three points behind leaders Grimsby Borough but with a game in hand.

It was a day of high-scoring encounters for our Bradford sides.

Thackley were only 1-0 down at home to Barton Town at half-time, but the game then exploded into life.

Ben Grech-Brooksbank equalised for the Dennyboys on 53 minutes, but an impressive burst of goals from Barton put them 4-1 up with 10 minutes left.

Albert Ibrahimi pulled one back, before the visitors immediately made it 5-2.

They scored another to make it six, before Thackley restored some late pride through consolation efforts from Lewis Waddington and Ibrahimi. The defeat sees them drop to 13th though.

Albion Sports were involved in a nine-goal game, but they didn’t do much of the scoring themselves, going down 7-2 at fellow relegation battlers Hemsworth Miners Welfare.

Daniel Facey pulled Albion level at 1-1 on 28 minutes after an early Hemsworth goal, but that was as good as it got for the visitors.

The home side raced into a 6-1 lead and though Jaydan Sandhu grabbed a consolation just after the hour mark, Hemsworth rounded off the scoring late on to complete a dreadful afternoon for the Bradford side, who stay third-bottom in 18th.

Silsden were indebted to Mo Qasim, with the striker equalising twice, once in second-half stoppage time, to secure his side a 2-2 home draw with Maltby Main, moving them up to 11th.

Shaun Airey was sent off for the hosts after a melee.

Steeton won a thriller 5-3 at Daisy Hill in the NWCFL First Division North.

Luke Baldwin, Kayle Price and Thomas Robinson put the visitors 3-0 up in the first half hour, but two goals from the hosts before the break made things interesting.

They equalised with a penalty after 58 minutes, but further goals from Price and Joshua McKiernon secured Steeton an away win, putting them 10th.

Twelfth-placed Campion drew 1-1 at home to Pilkington, with Nicky Boshell equalising an early strike from the visitors.

In the NPL East Division, leaders Liversedge won 2-0 at Frickley Athletic thanks to an Alfie Raw penalty and a Jack Stockdill effort.

Brighouse Town stay in mid-table after losing 3-2 at Cleethorpes Town. Mohammed Ibrahim was on target twice for the visitors.