THACKLEY captain Paul Whiteley celebrated an incredible 400th appearance for the club last night.

And it was all smiles at the end of the night, as the Dennyboys coasted past Armthorpe Welfare 3-0 in the NCEL League Cup.

After a quiet start, visitors Thackley took the lead after 15 minutes with their first attack.

Seb Scaroni's cross-cum-shot caused panic in the Welfare defence, and led to the unfortunate Charlie Shelley turning the ball into his own net.

Kris Hargreaves headed home a second for Thackley just before the break, but the goal was ruled out due to an infringement, despite no Armthorpe players appearing to appeal for the foul.

In first half injury-time, the away side grabbed a vital second.

Hargreaves played the ball to Lewis Waddington on the right hand side. He drove into the box before squaring the ball for Albert Ibrahimi, who deftly diverted the ball into the net.

Thackley dominated the second half, with Ibrahimi hitting the post and Seb Tylek in the Armthorpe goal making great saves from Ben Grech-Brooksbank and Owen Murphy.

Substitutes Omar Habeeb and Frankie Sinfield both went close for the Dennyboys late on, but Ibrahimi did find the net, his second of the night wrapping up an easy win.

Albion Sports also progressed into the third round with a comfortable 3-0 win.

They cruised past Clipstone, after first half goals from Jaydan Sandhu, Jamal Stewart and Camen Bhandal.

But high-flying Eccleshill United, second in the NCEL Premier Division table, are out of the League Cup after a 2-1 home defeat to newcomers Sherwood Colliery.

Brad Newby opened the scoring for the visitors, before Zack Sangster equalised for the Eagles just after the break.

But Jamie York grabbed a late winner for Sherwood 10 minutes from time.

Silsden also bowed out of the League Cup, slipping to a 1-0 defeat at Barton Town after Nathan Jarman's 74th minute goal.

In the West Riding County Cup, Steeton beat fierce rivals Golcar United 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw.

Alex Hallam and Ben Burnett put Golcar 2-0 up after half an hour, but Jahro Parchment's goal in first half stoppage time gave Steeton hope.

Toby Jeffrey equalised in the last minute, and Steeton keeper Stuart Cross was the hero in the shootout, saving two penalties.

In the Northern Premier League East Division, leaders Liversedge continued their superb start with a 4-2 win at Cleethorpes Town.

Ben Atkinson, Joe Walton and Ollie Fearon put them 3-0 up inside 10 minutes.

Paul Walker pulled one back for Cleethorpes before Fearon's second made it 4-1. Luke Lofts grabbed a late consolation for the hosts.