HAVING picked up their first win in midweek, THACKLEY'S joint-managers made it back-to-back Northern Counties East League victories with a 6-0 away thumping of Premier Division basement outfit Clipstone.

The beleaguered home side remain with only one point from 31 fixtures after six first-half goals.

This included a hat-trick from one of the new bosses, Mike Garrod, who – along with club captain Pat McGuire – was handed the reins when Chris Reape and Andy Patterson stepped down.

Luke Robinson added the second goal, which was quickly followed by a Jordan Hines strike. Robinson bagged his brace with the Dennyboys' fourth before the half-hour mark.

Garrod netted his second soon after and his treble came from the penalty spot on the stroke of half-time.

The win lifted Thackley one place to 15th and they are now 13 points clear of the drop zone.

The cushion would have been greater had Parkgate not pulled off a shock 3-2 win at ALBION SPORTS.

The visitors were second from bottom when they arrived at Throstle Nest but broke the deadlock early on through Nathan Joynes.

Danny Facey erased their early lead but Zak Khalifa struck two minutes before the interval to put the lowly visitors back in front.

Martin Brissett doubled the advantage two minutes into the second half, before Alex Cusack pulled one back.

In another surprise result, LIVERSEDGE lost 3-1 at home to 18th-placed Barton Town in a game which saw four penalty kicks.

Rhys Davies put away Sedge's early spot-kick before keeper Harry Stead saved from Tom Waudby's before half-time.

However, two Ash Lattimore penalties in the opening four minutes of the second period, and Jamie Goddard's good finish late on, sealed the turnaround.

ECCLESHILL UNITED'S hopes of landing the Division One title took a huge blow as the second-placed Eagles lost 2-1 at mid-table newcomers Swallownest.

The Sheffield club have eased into their first season on the football pyramid and were ahead after just seven minutes through Mitchell Ward-Cupitt, before Oliver Grady added in the 38th minute.

The Eagles pulled a goal back when Liam Hudson headed home Andy Cooper's 51st-minute corner but ended the game with ten men after Anil Singh was dismissed for a second yellow card in the 77th minute.

With leaders Knaresborough Town romping to a 4-0 win at struggling Brigg Town, Eccleshill now trail by nine points and wins for the third and fourth-placed clubs leaves the Eagles looking over their shoulders.

CAMPION slipped to 11th following a 3-2 home loss to Yorkshire Amateur.

Tom Robinson had given the hosts an eighth-minute lead and Leon Hurles-Brook made it two soon after.

After that opening 11 minutes, it went downhill as the Ammers' former Thackley midfielder Brice Tiani pegged one back and Adam Shaw equalised a minute later.

The sides were level at the break and were only separated by a last-minute winner as another familiar face snatched the victory, with former Liversedge man Harrison Blakey on target.