SILSDEN put their recent woes behind them as they spanked lowly Eccleshall with six of the best to extend their lead back into double figures at the summit of Division One in the Hallmark Security League.

The Cobbydalers had seen their lead cut to nine points after losing three of their previous five league games.

With their two nearest challengers both frustrated by postponements, Silsden moved 12 points clear with the 6-0 victory.

Second-placed Litherland REMYCA, who should have been at Bacup Borough, and third-placed Prestwich Heys, who were due to travel to New Mills, both had to sit out because of waterlogged pitches.

Joe Gaughan was the Cobbydalers’ wrecker-in-chief as he plundered a second half hat-trick.

Midfielder Mark Trueman had given his side a lead on the brink of half-time, and Chris Wademan and player-manager Danny Forrest also weighed in with late goals.

Events on the pitch at Dennyfield were very much secondary as Thackley bid farewell to club legend June Willingham.

She was the driving force behind the Dennyboys’ reputation of being one of the most hospitable clubs in West Yorkshire.

Along with her husband Stewart, who is also a Thackley stalwart and served for many years as club secretary, June became well known throughout the game and will be missed by many after her death last Tuesday following a long battle with cancer.

The players wore black armbands and there was a book of condolence open for visitors to sign as the club opened their turnstiles for free.

Visitors Hansworth Parramore won a poor game 2-0 with first-half goals from Jamie Green and Alex Rippon.

Liversedge netted two late goals to earn a point from their trip to Worksop Town, also in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division.

A Mitch Husbands strike and an own goal from Dan Walker had put Sedge under early pressure, but Rhys Davies hit back before the break.

Micah Bishop and Ashley Burbeary were on target for the home side in the second half, but Davies claimed his second from the penalty spot and Joe Walton also bagged a brace for Sedge.

Albion Sports missed a chance to leapfrog one of their neighbours as they lost 4-3 at Garforth Town.

Mark Simpson netted a hat-trick for the home side, one from the penalty spot, and Jack Lazenby added a fourth, while Danny Facey, Sam Denton and Omar Habeeb scored for the Albion Lions.

Eccleshill United moved back up to second in Division One after a 6-2 home win over Armthorpe Welfare.

Antony Brown and Jonny Irving bagged a brace apiece, while skipper Sam Bradley was also on the scoresheet, and the sixth was an own goal from Michael Collins but it was midfield general Charlie Flaherty who was the Eagles’ man of the match.

Morgan Brough and Steve Lyon scored for the visitors.

Campion took the lead but needed a late equaliser as they banked a point from the visit of Rossington Main in the same division.

Leon Hurles-Brook opened the scoring but Lee Holmes hit a first-half leveller and Danny Bulman put Rossington in front midway through the second half before Ben Kendall netted in the 88th minute to earn Campion a point.