BRADFORD (Park Avenue)’s poor form continued on Saturday, with a 3-1 defeat at Worksop Town.

After taking an early lead in this Northern Premier League Premier Division clash, Avenue looked on course for a first win since August, especially when Worksop’s Terry Hawkridge was sent off just before the break for two bookable offences.

But Worksop equalised on the stroke of half-time, before the 10-men netted twice in the second half to complete another miserable away day for Avenue.

They now sit outside of the relegation zone on goal difference only, ahead of a vital home match against Whitby Town tomorrow night.

It had all started so well for Mark Bower’s side, who were gifted the lead just nine minutes in.

A mistake by Worksop keeper Paul Cooper saw Avenue awarded a penalty, with Longbottom sending the stopper the wrong way from 12 yards out.

After good work from Lewis Hey, Lucas Odunston dragged a shot wide, as Avenue looked to increase their advantage.

Worksop edged back into the game as the first half wore on, as Hawkridge forced a fine diving save from George Sykes-Kenworthy after cutting in from the right.

George Taft glanced wide from a corner, before Vaughan Redford’s looping header just dropped the wrong side of the post for the hosts.

Redford nodded wide again soon after but Worksop looked to be on the back foot when, having just been booked, Hawkridge received a second yellow card for dissent.

Yet the 10 men equalised almost immediately, as a Deegan Atherton free-kick was headed back across goal by Taft for Jay Rollins to sidefoot home.

Harry Colville came agonisingly close to restoring Avenue’s lead when he diverted a cross towards goal, only for Josh Wilde to get back and clear the ball off the line.

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Harry Colville came agonisingly close, with his miss probably the turning point.Harry Colville came agonisingly close, with his miss probably the turning point. (Image: John Rhodes.)

Instead, Worksop took the lead when Luke Hall’s fizzed cross came through a ruck of bodies, surprised Sykes-Kenworthy, and flew straight into the net.

Aleksandrs Starcenko headed over for the hosts, who were then awarded a penalty when Rollins was brought down going through on goal.

Hall slotted home the spot-kick, and it almost got worse for Avenue, Hey forced to clear off the line from Starcenko’s lobbed effort.

Colin Daniel’s looping shot dropped just over the bar for Worksop, before Jordan Preston almost set up a grandstand finish, flashing a shot just wide for Avenue.

Bower’s boys are now seven league games without a win, and will be desperate to stop the rot on home soil tomorrow night.