MO Agoro’s try 20 seconds from time saw Keighley Cougars snatch victory from the jaws of defeat at Hunslet on Good Friday to maintain their 100 per cent record at the start of the League 1 season.

Jack Sanderson’s third penalty of the evening appeared to have won the game for his side, however the last gasp effort from Agoro saw the Cougars triumph 20-16, and make it three wins from three.

After an even opening to proceedings, the boot of Sanderson opened the scoring and gave Hunslet an early two-point advantage after the Cougars were penalised for offside.

Rhys Lovegrove’s side continued to gift their opposition cheap metres and as a result, easy points.

Hunslet put a kick up on the last tackle, and Taylor Prell knocked on under pressure on his return to the side.

From the scrum, the Parksiders pressured the Keighley line and got their rewards as Harvey Hallas powered over beneath the uprights against his former club to extend their lead.

But the Cougars did not remain scoreless for long.

Keighley forced an error from the restart, and from the scrum they worked the ball near to the uprights, with Bulls loanee Bradley Ho powering over from close range to score his first try for the club.

Hunslet then appeared to struggle as the visitors continued to pressure, and despite their best defensive efforts they fell behind for the first time.

A grubber from Jack Miller forced the dropout, from which Charlie Graham somehow managed to free an arm from a tackle to ground the ball and give his side the lead.

However, the Cougars were penalised for pushing the man off the mark and the boot of Sanderson ensured the two sides went into the interval level on the scoreboard at 10-10.

From the start of the second half, the two teams cancelled each other out.

But it was the visitors who got the first points of the second forty.

After Spencer Darley broke through, the Cougars camped on the Hunslet line.

And after the home defence kept their opposition at bay, it was Jack Miller who found a way over, turning through a tackle to give Keighley a four-point advantage.

However, the scoreboard was levelled up once again shortly after.

Hunslet made the most of a six again and penalty in their favour to work their way up the field.

From this, on the last tackle, Sanderson put a grubber to the corner, where Wayne Reittie won the foot race to ground the ball and bring the two sides all square.

Both sides continued to press to get the pivotal score, however two refereeing decisions that both coaches felt hard done by ended up proving the difference on the evening at the South Leeds Stadium.

The home side were the first to benefit, and they thought the decision in their favour would see them over the line.

Hunslet’s Kieran Moran, against his former club, looked to have dropped the ball in the tackle, but the officials ruled the ball had been stripped.

The boot of Sanderson gave Hunslet a two-point lead and it appeared this would see the home side over the line for a second victory of the season.

But with the game in the final minute, the Cougars snatched victory.

Despite the pass appearing forward, the officials ruled it was flat and Agoro broke the line to win the game.