Jack Diamond scored an injury-time winner in the FA Cup as League Two Harrogate sunk former winners Portsmouth to reach the third round for the first time in their history.

Danny Cowley’s Pompey headed into the game on the back of six straight wins but fell behind to the Yorkshiremen when Luke Armstrong fired home for the visitors after 44 minutes.

Ellis Harrison levelled almost immediately for 2008 winners Pompey, but Diamond lashed home deep into injury time to seal the North Yorkshire club’s historic 2-1 win.

Meanwhile, national League Yeovil booked their place in the third round after beating Stevenage 1-0 at Huish Park.

Charlie Wakefield hit a sharp right-foot finish in the 51st minute to add another chapter to the Glovers’ storied FA Cup history.

Northern Premier League Buxton put up a good fight in dreadful conditions against Morecambe, but the League One side prevailed in Derbyshire thanks to Cole Stockton’s effort on the half-hour.

Paul Cook was dismissed as Ipswich boss after his side were held to a goalless draw by League Two Barrow at Portman Road.

Fellow League Two sides Port Vale, Hartlepool and Mansfield also polished off away victories against League One opposition.

A late double from Dennis Politic saw Vale hit back from behind to win 2-1 at Burton, who had led through Ryan Leak’s 23rd-minute header.

A 52nd-minute Lewis Fiorini own goal proved enough to give Hartlepool a 1-0 win at Lincoln, who went into the game reeling from three successive league losses.

And a brace from George Lapslie sealed a 3-2 win for Mansfield at League One strugglers Doncaster.

Second-half efforts from Aaron Collins and Nick Anderton gave Bristol Rovers a 2-1 win over Sutton, who had led through Will Randall’s 52nd-minute opener.

Ayoub Assal and Ollie Palmer each helped themselves to a brace as Wimbledon held on to beat Cheltenham 4-3.

Alfie May gave the visitors an early lead and, after Assal and Palmer swept the Dons into a 4-1 lead, Andy Williams and a Ben Heneghan own goal gave the home side some anxious moments late on.

Two goals from Harry Smith and further strikes from Omar Beckles and an Aaron Drinan penalty saw Leyton Orient ease to a 4-0 win over Tranmere.

Goals from Adam May and Harvey Knibbs saw Cambridge hit back to beat Exeter, who led through a Sam Nombe penalty.

Swindon won 2-1 at Walsall, with goals from Tyreece Simpson and Kaine Kesler sandwiching Emanuel Osadebe’s 37th-minute equaliser.

Goals from Tom Bloxham and Ryan Bowman gave Shrewsbury a 2-1 win at League Two strugglers Carlisle, who reduced the deficit through Jordan Gibson in injury time.