BRADFORD (Park Avenue) were able to celebrate a fantastic three points on Saturday with a 3-2 home win over AFC Telford United.

Avenue were looking for just their third league victory of the season, and were looking over their shoulders at the National League North relegation zone before kick-off.

And at 2-0 down just after the break, it wasn't looking good for Mark Bower's side.

But experienced midfielder Simon Richman grabbed his first goal for the club 10 minutes into the second half, before fellow veteran Nicky Clee equalised on the hour mark.

It was another senior player who grabbed the winner, with the versatile Adam Nowakowksi firing home after 72 minutes.

After a cagey start for both teams, and only minutes after Telford's first attempt on goal, Dom McHale managed to hit the back of the net for the visitors on the half-hour mark.

As the first half went on, Telford had opportunities to extend their lead, and Avenue were living on a knife-edge, as a couple of chances just skimmed wide of the mark.

Former Bradford City winger Dylan Mottley-Henry had a chance when he went for a cross and Oliver Arblaster was there to collect it, but there were too many defenders to get past and the ball was cleared away.

As the teams went in at half-time there was cause for optimism for Avenue, despite the scoreline.

Despite a tough first half, the hosts had enjoyed a few good chances, with Mottley-Henry and Clee looking particularly dangerous.

But there was worse to come.

Despite Bower’s certainty that the wind direction would favour Avenue in the second half, they got off to a nightmare restart, as almost straight after the whistle, Jason Oswell scored for Telford.

But the match was far from over, and slowly Avenue got back into the game, pressing their opponents back and pinging dangerous balls into the area.

Eventually the hard work paid off with a brilliant goal from Richman, who took the ball from a corner and smashed it in.

Clee managed score a belter for Avenue to bring the teams level, moments after Arblaster had seen his shot fly wide of the goal.

Nowakowski sealed the win with a great strike, leaving Telford shaking their heads, having been two goals to the good less than 20 minutes earlier.

In the dying moments, Bradford had two great chances, but were unable to convert either of them.

It mattered little in the end though, and after the match, Bower said: “I was pleased to get the win.

“It was a game of two halves today in terms of the wind (direction).

“In the first half, we knew we’d be up against it because we were playing into it, and to go in only 1-0 down at half-time I was quite pleased.

“I thought we were organised and disciplined in the first half to restrict them to very little when they had the advantage.

“I’d have taken 1-0 at half-time before kick-off, because I knew we’d be able to use the wind direction to our advantage in the second half.”