BRADFORD (Park Avenue) ended their losing run in the National League North at the weekend, with a late Luke Rawson header salvaging a point at Chorley.

The game was initially played in August, but was abandoned after Avenue midfielder Jake Hibbs had his leg broken in a tackle.

His partner has just given birth and with the midfielder out of action and unable to work for the foreseeable future, Chorley kindly decided to make Saturday free entry, and ensured the re-arranged clash acted as a fundraiser for the stricken Hibbs.

Those in attendance saw an exciting contest, with Avenue blowing a huge chance to take an early lead.

Nicky Clee was fouled in the box after 12 minutes, but his fellow veteran Oli Johnson blasted the resulting spot-kick over the crossbar.

It was Jonathan Ustabasi who gave away the penalty, but he made up for that in emphatic fashion soon after.

He went on a superb run, before cutting inside and firing into the top corner to give the hosts the lead.

Avenue keeper Johnny Saltmer made a stunning save to keep out Mike Calveley's header to stop Chorley doubling their lead just before the half-hour mark, as the home side embarked on a period of dominance.

Some good blocking from the visiting defence kept Chorley out, before Saltmer had to tip behind a fierce Billy Whitehouse drive just before the break.

Bradford's Lucas Odunston picked up a knock leading up to half-time, and he was replaced by Rawson for the second half.

Chorley continued to look the more threatening, with one volley from a great position clearing the crossbar, and another effort gathered easily by Saltmer.

But they paid for not making the most of their dominance in the 78th minute.

Avenue finally got on the front foot and they forced three corners in a row. The first two were cleared behind, but from the third, Rawson met Clee's delivery to crash home a header.

A shellshocked Chorley were then subjected to a late onslaught.

Brad Dockerty sliced wide from a decent position, before the hosts' goalkeeper Matthew Urwin made a superb double save from Rawson and former City winger Dylan Mottley-Henry.

Young striker Millenic Alli fired an injury-time free kick just wide for Chorley, as both sides had to settle for a point.

The draw sees Avenue move up to 18th, in what is a 22-team league.

It took them above West Yorkshire rivals Guiseley, who were in FA Cup action.

They beat Blyth Spartans 1-0 at Nethermoor thanks to an early Jamie Spencer goal, and will find out their fourth qualifying round opponents when the draw is made this afternoon.

Sadly, the win over Blyth was marred by an incident involving alleged racist abuse aimed at Guiseley captain Hamza Bencherif from an away supporter.

The first step of the UEFA three-step anti-racism protocol took place during the first half because of this, with a statement read out 'calling upon spectators to stop the discriminatory behaviour'.