THERE was an extraordinary turnaround in Division Two of the Halifax League at the weekend, as Queensbury pulled off a heist for the ages in beating visiting Old Town by one run.

Away bowler Jahinger Khan enjoyed the helpful conditions, as he returned figures of 7-52.

That ensured the hosts slumped to 85-9, but No.8 Gareth Walker then wielded the willow for 20 balls to score 51 valuable runs before being last out, run out, in a 136 all out total.

Walker then proceeded to take 5-46 as Town, needing to reach a revised target of 106 runs to win, fell apart once Adnaan Qamer (44) had been dismissed and were bowled out for 104.

Gary Hulme’s 113 not out for Stones, at Cullingworth, did not bring the rewards it deserved, as the match was abandoned in the 20th over of the home team’s reply.

Stones scored 202-9 in a reduced 33 overs, with Richard Nichols taking 5-39. They were on course for victory with the hosts at 76-5 when the rain proved the winner.

The Premier Division clash at Grassy Bottom, between Triangle and Mytholmroyd, was always likely to be interesting.

And so it proved as ground conditions contributed to the leaders’ low total of 156 all out.

Had it not been for skipper and opener Adam Stocks (59 not out) carrying his bat, the score would have been considerably less, as Taufeeq Ahmed led the way with 5-60 for Royd.

Third-placed Royd did not let the opportunity slip to close on top spot and dealt Triangle a second blow to their championship hopes in eight days.

They won by seven wickets, with Shazad Hassan (59 not out) and Tom Earle (53) wasting no time in helping them to reach a winning 162-3.

Booth’s home fixture versus Illingworth St Mary’s was reduced to 25 overs per side, although it would have been difficult to spot that, as the former hammered a score of 184-3 (Hashim Wajid 100no).

However, Booth blew their chance to close the gap to four points on Triangle as an unfazed and improving St Mary’s won by four wickets off the very last ball of the match.

At Walton Street, the damp conditions saw Sowerby Bridge win out in their relegation scrap with Bradshaw.

They skittled their opponents for 95 all out and subsequently coasted to an eight-wicket victory.

SBCI hit 141-4 at Blackley, and in reply, the hosts were in deep trouble at 4-3.

But Joe Hardcastle made a valiant attempt to beat both his opponents and the weather as he struck 70 not out, at exactly a run-a-ball, before the rains came at 96-5 after 26 overs.

Visiting Copley hammered Warley by nine wickets, while Thornton’s home match with Shelf Northowram Hedge Top never got started due to the rain.

In the First Division, Ricky Hassall (59) and Johnny Phillips (57) were responsible for more than half of Great Horton Park Chapel’s score of 174 all out on their visit to Mount.

Their efforts proved vital, with the visitors winning by 63 runs as Mount could only manage 111 all out in reply.

Horton have now moved into second place, just six points adrift of leaders Sowerby St Peter’s.

The latter were thwarted by the weather at Low Moor Holy Trinity, where only nine overs were possible before that match was abandoned.

High-flying Luddendenfoot were also unlucky, but in their case, their match at Clayton was cancelled due to Covid-19 safety reasons.

Finally, Oxenhope scrambled to a four-wicket win in a low-scoring clash at Upper Hopton.