AFTER Brighouse Town Women's FA Cup run ended a fortnight ago, both they and Bradford City Women are now without any competitive games until next season.

But the pair did play out an absorbing behind closed doors friendly over the weekend, with the game finishing 1-1.

There are several teams taking part in the West Riding County Women's Football League Invitational Cup though, and week three saw disappointing results on the road for Ilkley Town, Silsden and Skipton Town.

Ilkley were playing only their third game under new management and with a completely new line-up, as they visited another ambitious side, Huddersfield Amateur.

Before the game, Ilkley had had good play from ex-Old Centralians player Larissa Brown and two goals from Chloë Parker before losing 8–4 at Wetherby, and Huddersfield had lost 7–2 at Ripon.

This game was a great duel, played at full speed for the entire 90 minutes.

Amateurs, in all-out attacking mode, went ahead via a Courtney White brace.

In an even second half, the ‘Baht’atters’ had a penalty saved by the hosts’ Beth Wadsworth, who saw her team win 2–0.

Silsden had many chances at Brayton Belles, but the ball just wouldn’t hit the back of the net, the ‘Dragons’ losing 1–0.

Skipton also put on a great display at Wetherby Athletic but despite some top-class football, the ‘Mighty Whites’ went down 3–1, Emily Throup the scorer.

Meanwhile, over at Morley Town, Brighouse Sports were 1–0 down after an unfortunate deflection. After the break, Sports’ Leanne Smith evened things up with a good goal.

Emily Holroyd came close twice, but a poor second half saw Morley score another three to win 4–1.

Queensbury Celtic were at the Flamingoland Stadium for a Yorkshire U18 League Cup game with Scarborough Athletic.

A 4–0 deficit at half-time led to a spirited fight-back with goals from Katie Waters and a debut from Chisom Marcus, but the game ended 4–2 to Scarborough.

Thackley's firsts played a friendly against Leeds United’s Under-19s, losing 3–0.

But for some terrific instinctive saves from the Thackley goalkeeper, the margin would have been much wider.