BRADFORD Dragons produced a remarkable fightback to defeat the Derby Trailblazers 90-88 on Saturday afternoon before falling to an agonising 77-75 defeat to the BA London Lions the following day.

Firstly, Dragons snapped a four-game losing streak on the back of a dominant 30-11 fourth quarter performance to stun Derby.

Both teams were getting the paint looks they wanted in the opening quarter, but it was the visitors who gained the early ascendency, leading 25-21 courtesy of 22 paint points at the end of the quarter.

Dragons were struggling to generate anything on the offensive end, and the Trailblazers thoroughly took advantage. An offensive barrage saw them outscore their opponents 28-10 in the second period.

Coming out of half time, Derby started where they left off, stringing together 11 straight points to extend their lead to 63-31.

Down 32, most teams would have just played for pride and moved onto the next game, but not this Dragons team.

Rihards Šulcs and Jermayne Laing combined to score the next nine points. Malcolm Smith responded before a Dave Walsh inspired 12-4 run further reduced the deficit to 69-50.

Despite a resurgent third quarter performance, Dragons still trailed 77-60.

Blake Bowman scored four straight points to open the final quarter, increasing Derby’s lead to 81-60. Bradford replied with a dominant stretch of basketball, reeling off 13 straight points.

Down 85-78 with just over four minutes to play in the game, the surging Dragons were firing on all cylinders, and the game-winning run duly arrived.

Six straight points pulled the Dragons within a possession (85-83), and then captain Ricky Fetske scored the all-important bucket that put the hosts back on top.

Stepping up to drill both free-throws, Andreas Lycoudis sealed the Dragons unbelievable comeback, putting the hosts 90-85 to the good with just 17 seconds left on the clock.

Bradford then dropped to 6-8 on the season after a disappointing 77-75 defeat to BA London Lions on Sunday afternoon.

Lions led by as many as seven (17-10), but the Dragons closed the first quarter with five straight points, courtesy of an Lycoudis layup and a Fetske three.

Following a very similar pattern to the opener, the second quarter was the lowest-scoring period of the entire game. At the break, the hosts trailed 34-29.

Dave Walsh scored 10 in the period, knocking down two threes to propel the Dragons to a 27-point third quarter.

A converted Lycoudis and-one layup tied the game at 70 with just over four minutes to play in the game.

However, an almost three-minute stretch without a bucket for Dragons allowed the Lions to build up a 75-69 lead inside the final two minutes.

Walsh responded with a three, but unable to execute down the stretch, Bradford fell to a narrow defeat.