A LAST-MINUTE Lewis Knight equaliser rescued a point for Bradford (Park Avenue) at league favourites AFC Fylde in a exhilarating 3-3 draw.

It was the in-form striker's second finish in the game after levelling at the end of a mad opening half hour.

A few minutes in, Brad Dockerty, who was goalless in six league appearances, finally grabbed his first strike of the campaign.

The winger's curled effort from the edge of the box was originally flagged offside before the referee overruled the decision.

Luke Conlon thought he had immediately tied it up, running past Jordan Windass and firing in low. However, this time the man in the middle decided to stick by his waving linesman.

The hosts would eventually strike back, twice in quickfire fashion. Ben Tollitt finished off a well worked move, then Kurt Willoughby found the bottom corner from 20 yards.

Harry Boyes was in the thick of it, causing Chris Neal to tip over before turning into provider. The left back swung in a cross which was met by Knight's glancing header.

Bad news hit when one of Bradford's players of the season had to go off injured. Isaac Marriott left the pitch limping and was replaced by Omar Sanyang.

The first period was not over there though as both sides exchanged more chances. The best of them coming from Jordan Hulme who should have done better with his close range nod.

After the break, Dockerty was back in front of goal but at the other end. The 23-year-old cleared Jack Sanders' header off the line.

Conlon restored the hosts' lead. The left back swept home Luke Burke's low cross.

With Burke getting past Dockery to produce the assist, the Bradford forward almost redeemed himself but could not convert his shot.

Mark Bower threw everything at it, and was rewarded in the 92nd minute. 

Sanyang played through Windass down the right who laid it across for Knight to smash in his fourth in two games.

The result means Avenue go into their 10-day league break unbeaten in five on the road and ninth in the table.

"It was a really good advert for the league," Bradford boss Bower said.

"Fylde are a really good side. With the pace they move the ball at, they caused us problems at times. 

"But we always looked a threat ourselves. I think the lads warranted the draw.

"At one point in the second half we wanted to make a change and the ball stayed in play for nearly 10 minutes.

"It was a crazy game, I have never seen anything like it. It was just end to end."

On the late equaliser, he added: "It is the best time to score a goal."

"You would think against a full-time team, given the amount of games we have played with our thin squad, tired legs would kick in but our lads just went again.

"You won't see many better goals in terms of Omar’s switch of play, Jordan's cross and Lewis getting on the end of it."