AN impressive performance by Guiseley Academy's under-18 side saw them win 3-0 in the FA Youth Cup against visitors FC Halifax Town last night. They'll now visit Bolton Wanderers in the First Round.

Guiseley dominated the game throughout, moving the ball well and always looking to go forward.

With Josh Stones, Lewis Hey and Jake Charles strong in midfield, Guiseley held the upper hand, with their back line putting in some impressive work.

Right-back Josh Calvert typified Guiseley's effort with a swashbuckling performance, being involved throughout the game.

Guiseley had to make an early substitution, with injured left-back Asa Stevenson-Lowe being replaced by Ethan Hudson-Parker, but they took a 28th minute lead through Harrison Leigh following a corner from the left by Haroon Bostan.

Guiseley extended their lead to 2-0 when another Bostan corner was headed home by Stones.

The Halifax goalkeeper was kept busy as Guiseley pushed the visitors back, with Hey growing increasingly more confident and influencing the game.

The Young Lions showed their intent as the second-half kicked off and Darwin King hit the side-netting with a shot straight after the break.

The pressure was increasing on Halifax, with Guiseley keeping their shape and battling hard.

Stones went off injured in the 51st minute, with the impressive 16-year-old Harry Glover replacing him.

Guiseley continued to press, forcing the Town stopper into further saves, while his opposite number Hagie Damba was hardly troubled.

On the one occasion Halifax looked as if they may score, a tremendous tackle kept them at bay.

Guiseley made their final substitution when Bostan was replaced by Oliver Metcalfe in the 81st minute.

The Young Lions were resolute in everything they did and to a man stuck to their job.

This produced a late third goal, when Hey's free-kick was headed home by King in the 82nd minute.

A crowd of 263 saw Guiseley comfortably win this Third Qualifying Round tie, taking them on to face Football League opposition in Bolton.